Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:10:20 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies We've Seen Recently  (Read 208507 times)

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
Movies We've Seen Recently #300
I finished reading The Martian last week and actually found a theater that was still playing the movie. I really liked it, and the things they changed from the book were actually all improvement!

The downside is I've had I Will Survive stuck in my head all week.

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #301
I'm a huge animation nerd (if you can't tell by my icon) and I'm always searching YouTube for animated films. I came across a film called Gandahar (also know as Light Years) that is a sci-fi epic. It's based off the French novel  Les Hommes-machines contre Gandahar by RenĂ© Laloux. It's a strange film but at the same time it's an interesting one. It's a bit trippy at times but I still think it's a decent film. It's put together well, the animation is good and the voice acting is pretty solid.

If you want to watch it, here it is.

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
Movies We've Seen Recently #302
Saw the 70mm roadshow version of The Hateful Eight- terrific all-around! Self-indulgent? Maybe so, but Tarantino indulging himself continues to result in great movies, so I have no problem with that.

Also finally saw The Good Dinosaur today. A little on the conventional side, but still very good. Visually gorgeous, too.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
Movies We've Seen Recently #303
I haven't had the time or money to keep up with recent movies, but courtesy of my visit home, I got to see The Big Short with my dad. I left the theater ready to light a torch and march on Wall Street to help set up a guillotine. As far as the movie itself, I liked the way it explained complex subjects in an entertaining way, but I could've done without the montages of random shit that popped up every so often.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Movies We've Seen Recently #304
I haven't had the time or money to keep up with recent movies, but courtesy of my visit home, I got to see The Big Short with my dad. I left the theater ready to light a torch and march on Wall Street to help set up a guillotine. As far as the movie itself, I liked the way it explained complex subjects in an entertaining way, but I could've done without the montages of random shit that popped up every so often.
Yavuz Sultan Selim, January 06, 2016, 07:03:35 pm
if you want to hate 'em even more read Michael Lewis' Flash Boys

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Movies We've Seen Recently #305
Watched The Big Short as well. Let me say, as someone who likes actually likes Anchorman a lot it's bizarre to see Adam McKay go from directing a movie I fell in love with because it has everything a 12 year old dude wants from a comedy to directing a movie like The Big Short. Even though it gets absurd, it never really dips into Anchorman territory, and it never feels like McKay is boxing above his weight or really reaching with the subject matter either. Probably one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
Movies We've Seen Recently #306
Finally got around to seeing The Hateful Eight the other day and really enjoyed it. Something that I thought was pretty neat was how the characters' alliances sort of shifted as the story went on. Major Warren and John Ruth become close to one another, then have their relationship broken when Warren reveals that his letter was a fake; by the same token, Warren and Mannix hate each others' guts at first, but wind up uniting against the Domergue Gang when they reveal themselves. There was a lot of great character drama right up until the end.

Also, the soundtrack was fantastic.

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #307
Finally got around to seeing The Hateful Eight the other day and really enjoyed it. Something that I thought was pretty neat was how the characters' alliances sort of shifted as the story went on. Major Warren and John Ruth become close to one another, then have their relationship broken when Warren reveals that his letter was a fake; by the same token, Warren and Mannix hate each others' guts at first, but wind up uniting against the Domergue Gang when they reveal themselves. There was a lot of great character drama right up until the end.

Also, the soundtrack was fantastic.
Locclo, January 20, 2016, 06:14:11 pm
Yeah, I saw it recently too and liked it a lot. Walton Goggins pretty much plays Walton Goggins in The Shield/Justified, but was like a perfect fit

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
Movies We've Seen Recently #308
I watched this at a friend's Bad Movie Nite on Sunday. It is wow.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Movies We've Seen Recently #309
Highly recommend seeing The Apple, it's stunning. Go into it completely blind with no context, because it's not like it'd help anyway.

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #310
The Hateful 8 was really quite good, but I have to admit that they really did earn the "Hateful" title - all of the characters are assholes. It still works, and I still ended up liking a few of them in the end.

Ambious

Movies We've Seen Recently #311
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996)
Dafuq did I just watch?!

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #312
Dafuq did I just watch?!
Ambious, January 21, 2016, 08:24:04 am
The last truly great American masterpiece
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:20:38 am by AgentCoop »

Ambious

Movies We've Seen Recently #313
Dafuq did I just watch?!
Ambious, January 21, 2016, 08:24:04 am
The last truely great American masterpiece
AgentCoop, January 21, 2016, 08:27:25 am

That it was, more than anything I'm surprised I'd never heard of it before yesterday.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Movies We've Seen Recently #314
Criminal Activities is the kind of movie a guy who really, really likes Quentin Tarantino and has no idea about how to make a film would make.

It's a shitty Lock, Stock and Two Smoking barrels up until the ENDING!!! WHICH IS WHEN

it turns out that the bullied college nerd was playing EVERYBODY FOR CHUMPS and the SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF GOES RIGHT OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW