Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:23:24 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies We've Seen Recently  (Read 208426 times)

Laocius

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #315
Criminal Activities is the kind of movie a guy who really, really likes Quentin Tarantino and has no idea about how to make a film would make.
STOG, February 14, 2016, 10:14:36 pm

See also: The Boondock Saints
Maxine Headroom Really_Quite_Nice

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
Movies We've Seen Recently #316
Criminal Activities is the kind of movie a guy who really, really likes Quentin Tarantino and has no idea about how to make a film would make.
STOG, February 14, 2016, 10:14:36 pm

See also: The Boondock Saints
Laocius, February 14, 2016, 10:46:59 pm

See also: every unproduced screenplay I've ever read
Nifty Nif

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #317
Saw Deadpool with my boyfriend and his parents.

It was great.

Like not only was it funny but it was shot really well. And what gets me is that the guy who directed it? This is his first feature length film. It did a fantastic job. I also was so glad they went with an R rated version of Deadpool instead of trying to make it for kids

Ambious

Movies We've Seen Recently #318
Hot Fuzz is a lot of fun.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Caroline Maxine Headroom Really_Quite_Nice

Ashto

• Paid
  • I don't even know anymore
Movies We've Seen Recently #319
I'm writing this while watching the credits of Deadpool. Damn. Just, damn!

Bobsterfest

• Choice Blanket
  • Paid
  • This is weird, right?
Movies We've Seen Recently #320
The Witch is almost great. Casting, atmosphere, and score are all top-notch, and it really makes you appreciate just how miserable 17th century New England truly was. The director, Robert Eggers, researched numerous original documents and journals dating from that time, and it shows. Seriously, it's worth watching just for the detail, though you'll want subtitles if you're not prepared for 1600s English. I just would have preferred a bit different direction (say, the whole "Witch" thing to not be so literal, especially at the end),

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Movies We've Seen Recently #321
Still the best horror movie so far this year though

e: also idk man i felt like that scene was really important to me in the theatre
Goose Goose Honk At Me Now
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:17:51 am by chai tea latte »

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #322
saw Cloud Atlas again to mark the news that the Wachowskis are now the Wachowski sisters (Lily Wachowski joins Lana in transitioning)

Cloud Atlas is perfect

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Movies We've Seen Recently #323
Gremlins 2 is amazing.  I'm trying to find words to describe how, but, here's this: There's a bottle of lightning DNA.  Christopher Lee plays a scientist named Doctor Catheter.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
Movies We've Seen Recently #324
saw Cloud Atlas again to mark the news that the Wachowskis are now the Wachowski sisters (Lily Wachowski joins Lana in transitioning)

Cloud Atlas is perfect
chai tea latte, March 09, 2016, 01:16:55 am

What about Jupiter Ascending?

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
Movies We've Seen Recently #325
More of a miniseries than a movie, but I'm watching it on DVD so what the hey: the 1986 BBC T.V. serial The Singing Detective. Michael Gambon stars in it. It is grotesque and amazing. I recommend it. Gambon's performance is fantastic, and the rest of the cast is great as well. The writer, Dennis Potter, also wrote the excellent Pennies From Heaven miniseries for the BBC.

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #326
chai tea latte, March 09, 2016, 01:16:55 am

...not The Matrix?

chai tea latte

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #327
Yavuz Sultan Selim, March 10, 2016, 11:16:23 am
surprisingly delightful and i saw it at the theatre

...not The Matrix?
Dog Magma, March 10, 2016, 01:57:20 pm
I love Hong Kong action and ramped footage wasn't a thing before they revolutionized the Hollywood action movie so don't get me wrong, the Matrix is really good

but Cloud Atlas is perfect
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Movies We've Seen Recently #328
Yavuz Sultan Selim, March 10, 2016, 11:16:23 am
surprisingly delightful and i saw it at the theatre

...not The Matrix?
Dog Magma, March 10, 2016, 01:57:20 pm
I love Hong Kong action and ramped footage wasn't a thing before they revolutionized the Hollywood action movie so don't get me wrong, the Matrix is really good

but Cloud Atlas is perfect
chai tea latte, March 10, 2016, 10:10:16 pm
I'd recommend you watch the Speed Racer cartoon from the 60's and not the movie, it's incredible beyond belief.

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
Movies We've Seen Recently #329
Deadpool was... pretty okay! Not mind-blowing, and I feel like it could have pushed its R rating a bit further/in a more creative direction, but I think it basically did what it set out to do.

Hail, Caesar! was not nearly as good as I was expecting or hoping. I still adore the Coen Brothers, but with this I felt like they were 100% in their comfort zone. The whole thing felt more like a cluster of amusing scenes/cameos than anything resembling a compelling narrative, and that makes me sad.

e: They literally brought Fred Melamed in to cut sandwiches in the background of a scene. Like... why. How. What are you doing.
Maxine Headroom
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:26:01 pm by Nikaer Drekin »