Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:14:00 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies We've Seen Recently  (Read 208511 times)

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Movies We've Seen Recently #345
Anybody who liked the Nice Guys should also go see Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang. It's by the same writer/director, and they're kind of companion pieces to each other. They're both also very good.
Achilles' Heelies Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Mu. Fanzay Nifty Nif

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Movies We've Seen Recently #346
I finally sat down and watched Jacob's Ladder last night. If you want to see it, it's currently on the Paramount Vault Youtube channel.

While I was watching this, I realized I had already seen this movie. The thing, I saw it when I was three years old, when my family was using the TV as a babysitter. I started realizing that I had seen this scene before, and I was trying to figure out where. And then I realized that maybe the television isn't a very good babysitter after all.
eldritchhat Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Movies We've Seen Recently #347
I watched 'The man who knew infinity' and generally liked it. Dev Patel and Jeremy Irons were really good, but some scenes and some directing decisions were real corny and really took away from it. Its a good story though and I'd probably recommend it.

edit: thinking about it a bit more, I really disliked how much the director pushed religion and god down my throat more than anything.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:12:56 pm by A Meat »

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Movies We've Seen Recently #348
Extraordinary Tales came up on my Netflix; it's a collection of Edgar Allan Poe short stories, each animated in a different style with different narrators.  The segments are all fairly visually interesting, except for one, and they've all at least got something to recommend them--two of them have really good narrators (Christopher Lee does The Fall of the House of Usher, they use a Bela Lugosi recording of The Telltale Heart).

Mostly, I recommend it for the Masque of the Red Death segment, which is the last of the bunch and is absolutely the best.  It's done in a hybrid CGI-oil paint style that looks great when it works and still looks pretty all right when it doesn't.  All the other shorts went for a voiceover reading from the story, but this one is almost entirely dialogueless.  (The one line that it has is kind of lamely delivered, honestly.)  But I think it's worth it at least to watch that segment, even if you don't watch the whole thing.

Frank West

• Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Movies We've Seen Recently #349
EVERYONE HERE GO SEE TICKLED RIGHT NOW. I honestly can't imagine someone who likes the F Plus who wouldn't fucking love Tickled.

It's a documentary about a journalist who randomly stumbles across "competitive endurance tickling", a thing that is DEFINITELY NOT A FETISH. His job is to look into weird things and write about them, so he sends out a request for an interview, but in response he gets pages of vitriolic and homophobic emails declining. Obviously, this piques his interest, but when he starts looking further, he finds out this group making tickling videos goes deep. Like, really, really insanely deep. Go see it.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte Schumin Capote CormansInferno AlbieQuirky jorty Lemon

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Movies We've Seen Recently #350
EVERYONE HERE GO SEE TICKLED RIGHT NOW. I honestly can't imagine someone who likes the F Plus who wouldn't fucking love Tickled.

It's a documentary about a journalist who randomly stumbles across "competitive endurance tickling", a thing that is DEFINITELY NOT A FETISH. His job is to look into weird things and write about them, so he sends out a request for an interview, but in response he gets pages of vitriolic and homophobic emails declining. Obviously, this piques his interest, but when he starts looking further, he finds out this group making tickling videos goes deep. Like, really, really insanely deep. Go see it.
Frank West, June 25, 2016, 06:15:43 pm

Wait. Is this the same tickle dude from that Dollop episode?

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #351

MISANDRY CANNON, June 25, 2016, 10:25:49 pm

IS IT FOR FUN?!!!

Frank West

• Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
Movies We've Seen Recently #352

Yes! The original article written by the documentary director is what the dollop read off of. There's even some exerpts from The Dollop in the movie. The journalist just kept going deeper, even if you read the original articles and the dollop podcast, there's tons of stuff in the movie you won't have heard of.

Schumin Capote

• Paid
  • Nice to see you, to see you nice.
Movies We've Seen Recently #353

Yes! The original article written by the documentary director is what the dollop read off of. There's even some exerpts from The Dollop in the movie. The journalist just kept going deeper, even if you read the original articles and the dollop podcast, there's tons of stuff in the movie you won't have heard of.
Frank West, June 25, 2016, 11:08:24 pm

I saw it tonight and that documentary is engineered for me. A great mix of dark and weird, and there are a lot of new wrinkles to the story.

I still can't get over that there are at least 6 tickle cells operating in the US.

Vorko

• Paid
  • pining for the fijords
Movies We've Seen Recently #354
Just saw a movie on Netflix called Deathgasm.  New Zealand horror comedy about a couple of metalheads who summon demons through something called the Black Hymn.  It's very silly and a little bit awesome. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3705412/

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #355

Frank West, June 25, 2016, 11:08:24 pm

I saw it tonight and that documentary is engineered for me. A great mix of dark and weird, and there are a lot of new wrinkles to the story.

I still can't get over that there are at least 6 tickle cells operating in the US.
Schumin Capote, June 29, 2016, 02:31:09 am

Just saw it a couple of hours ago. I went in expecting F-Plus level fetish ridiculousness, with a bit of Lou Reads creepiness. I was not prepared. I've read people complaining that the twists/reveals are predictable--if you follow weird internet shit, they definitely are expected--but it's the depths of depravity that caught me off guard.

Oh, this internet lady is really an old guy? Duh.

Wait, he systematically destroys people's lives using a glut of money and computer skills? Oh...

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #356
I have now seen Tickled twice (I missed the screening where D'Amato and his cronies showed up in the theater by a night.) But last night's screening did have Gary Gareth Reynolds in the audience.

adrenochrome dome

• YIMBY
  • Paid
Movies We've Seen Recently #357
Cormans, did you see Farrier and/or Reeves there, or was that only on the night you missed?

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
Movies We've Seen Recently #358
I finally saw Hail, Caesar! and it's a weirdly-paced Coen bros write-off that could have been great, maybe, but was just okay. Burn After Reading was better. I wish the female cast had had a stronger role, particularly ScarJo. The whole thing felt both rushed and boring at the same time. A flop. As a CoBro devotee I was disappointed.
Nikaer Drekin

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Movies We've Seen Recently #359
I finally saw Hail, Caesar! and it's a weirdly-paced Coen bros write-off that could have been great, maybe, but was just okay. Burn After Reading was better. I wish the female cast had had a stronger role, particularly ScarJo. The whole thing felt both rushed and boring at the same time. A flop. As a CoBro devotee I was disappointed.
Nifty Nif, July 20, 2016, 08:04:13 pm
speaking of finally-saws, The Lobster. Oh man, please watch The Lobster, ideally knowing literally nothing about the movie. Top five 2016 films for sure.

e: The Witch, The Neon Demon, The Lobster, i'd have to think more about #s 4 and 5 but probably, uh, Green Room and either Anomalisa or 10 Cloverfield Lane
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 10:25:29 pm by chai tea latte »