Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:13:38 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episodes you found hard to get through  (Read 31854 times)

Cat Planet

• Autosexual Lithromantic
  • Paid
Episodes you found hard to get through
People often post things like "oh, I like the F Plus but I found this episode hard to listen to". What are your personal dislikes? This is in no way implying that this subject matter is bad or should not be made fun of in the future.

I, personally, like all the fetish episodes, even if it's about pushing your cock into someone else's eye. The only episode I wasn't able to get through is the Christian Domestic Discipline one - I expected funny spanking fetishists (nothing wrong with consensual BDSM) but got straight up domestic abuse. Also the Conservatives one, as I'm from Russia and the subject of homophobia is a little bit close to me, my friends have suffered from it. I found it hard to be repulsed by /r/mensrights people, as I think that dying alone and unloved will be punishment enough for them.

What about you?

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
Episodes you found hard to get through #1
The thing that I have the most trouble dealing with while listening to the podcast, more so than gross fetishes or loathsome ideologies, is secondhand embarrassment.  I've only listened to the NaNoWriMo episode once because it's just so cringeworthy and embarrassing and awful, and I only recently gathered up the strength to power through the Epic Rap Battles of History segment of the Debate.org episode more than one time.

Cat Planet

• Paid
Episodes you found hard to get through #2
What about CodeCat's dating profile?

Mister Smalls

• Paid
Episodes you found hard to get through #3
CodeCat's dating profile is just hilarious because it seems more like he's trying way too hard to be nerdy and quirky and interesting, rather than actually being a fucking awful dork.  (He is a dork, but not one that I can't hear being talked about without cringing hardcore.)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episodes you found hard to get through #4
Dickbugs episode. I know it's the cool thing or whatever to say you got through it no sweat, but during the recording I actually felt my gag reflex mildly engage once or twice. The adult baby episode was also gross.

Regarding NaNoWriMo, I much enjoy that episode, both recording and listening back to it, because I love shitty writing, especially shitty writing from people under the delusion that it's good writing. I think the secondhand embarrassment kicks in for me when I can tell that someone is genuinely unaware that they're being horrible and cringe-inducing, but for people who try too hard, like CodeCat and that guy in the cosplay episode who lied about scaring a guy outside of an Albertson's, they know exactly what they're doing, so they get no sympathy from me.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Episodes you found hard to get through #5
I can't listen to the Sherlock episode. It is bar none the most fucking obnoxious perfect storm of Things I Enjoy Being Taken Over By Idiots and TUMBLR TUMBLR TUMBLR that I have only ever listened to it once.

Adept

• Statistically Insignificant
  • Paid
  • (p=.056)
Episodes you found hard to get through #6
The extreme body modification / Boy You Guys Sure Hate Frenulums one. I'm fairly squeamish for bodily injury, and that's the only episode I've had to stop halfway through - I was getting lightheaded and was worried I might faint. Perhaps against my better judgement, I did finish it later after the world stopped spinning around me, but I think that will remain a one-time listen for me.

Cat Planet

• Paid
Episodes you found hard to get through #7
Dickbugs episode.
Isfahan, May 05, 2014, 07:42:25 pm

Out of curiosity, what was the thing that grossed you out? The Maggot Faggot story was pretty gross but everything else was just funny for me. I also marvel at how you managed to record this episode without reading Blowfly Girl. Although, this would have made you throw up for real.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Episodes you found hard to get through #8
Dickbugs episode.

Out of curiosity, what was the thing that grossed you out? The Maggot Faggot story was pretty gross but everything else was just funny for me. I also marvel at how you managed to record this episode without reading Blowfly Girl. Although, this would have made you throw up for real.
Aevi, May 05, 2014, 08:03:19 pm

Yeah, the Maggot part was really the only part of that episode I had trouble with (Mostly because I have a big thing about spoiled food in general) The rest of it was just too ridiculous to be gross to me.

The episode that still gives me the most trouble to listen to is She Thinks my Sex are Spexy. The actual glasses fetishism was fine it was all the authour's other, weirder medical ailment fetishes that made my skin crawl: All the cancer, and paralysis and blood transfusions stuff just gave me the goddamn willies.

I also made it about halfway through the Dark Fetish episode of Lou reads before having to stop and will probably never get around to the puke fetish episode of his...

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episodes you found hard to get through #9
Out of curiosity, what was the thing that grossed you out?Aevi, May 05, 2014, 08:03:19 pm

I think it was a combination of a dude slipping maggots down his urethra and then smearing rotten pizza on his dick. Like, that's something my brain associates with a smell, and not specifically rotten pizza. Any kind of rotten food, holy shit.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Episodes you found hard to get through #10
The bug episode didn't get to me. But now that I am reading other people describe their reactions and to what. It's kind of making me gag. Retroactive queasiness is setting in hard.

Mister Smalls

• Paid
Episodes you found hard to get through #11
To be honest I haven't listened to dickbugs in a long time, so maybe I should go back and see how awful it is.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Episodes you found hard to get through #12
I've purposely avoided listening to the dickbugs episode and probably will continue to do so because bodily insect infestation/parasites are pretty high up on things that freak me out. I still haven't listened to the adult baby or sex are spexy episodes for similar reasons, since they've kind of attracted quite a bit of infamy.

The only episode I can think of as never having listened to again because it made me so uncomfortable is "What's Louisville Got To Do With It?" because it was so obvious that the woman involved was seriously mentally ill and desperately needed help and it made me super uncomfortable about focusing on her as a point of comedy. I'm admittedly inconsistent about this because I enjoyed the Jonathan Lee Riches and Amy Lee and MAI-TRANG THI NGUYEN (PRONOUNCED AS ‘WIN) episodes, because the delusions involved were just so elaborately ridiculous (and the Dozerfleet episode because his obsessive recording of his life were so intensely detailed that the fact he doesn't have the ability to realize he is the source of all of his problems just by reading his own writings is stunning). The Louisville episode is too general paranoid schizophrenia for me to find funny.
Junimo

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episodes you found hard to get through #13
but during the recording I actually felt my gag reflex mildly engage once or twice.

Oh, I know. It's audible in the episode.

Mister Smalls

• Paid
Episodes you found hard to get through #14
I'm admittedly inconsistent about this because I enjoyed the Jonathan Lee Riches episode,Tiny Prancer, May 05, 2014, 09:24:34 pm
Good thing Jonathan Lee Riches is just a weird goofball who enjoys wasting the legal system's time and resources and not actually mentally ill, I guess.