Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:23:26 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: what's your poison (and by poison i mean delicious alcohol)  (Read 104187 times)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
I have been super into the Horse's Neck lately (I think I prefer bourbon to brandy but definitely need to keep trying both variants). It is a delicious drink and I highly recommend it to anyone out there who likes tasty drinks.

Also, Ian Fleming called it "the drunkard's drink" and if that was good enough for him it's good enough for me.

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
Two mixed drinks that you may or may not have tried and are tasty:

The Jack Rose: 1 shot apple brandy (usually applejack, I use calvados), half a shot of lemon or lime juice, and a splash of grenadine, shaken with ice, strained.

The daiquiri: No I don't mean the shitty fruity blended strawberry abomination that you're thinking of! I mean the original one.  One shot rum, half a shot of lime juice, and a splash of simple syrup or similar (I use agave nectar), shaken with ice and strained.

Nikaer Drekin

• One-Man Nic Cage Fan Club
  • Paid
  • "My burrito is a big deal"
I have been super into the Horse's Neck lately (I think I prefer bourbon to brandy but definitely need to keep trying both variants). It is a delicious drink and I highly recommend it to anyone out there who likes tasty drinks.

Also, Ian Fleming called it "the drunkard's drink" and if that was good enough for him it's good enough for me.
auld lang chai, July 05, 2013, 06:39:46 am

If you feel like a wreck, try a Horse's Neck!

count_actuala

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?

auld lang chai, July 05, 2013, 06:39:46 am

If you feel like a wreck, try a Horse's Neck!

Nikaer Drekin, January 04, 2015, 12:05:31 am
I knew I was right to save my bulb!

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
here's a question I've been meaning to ask for ages and this might as well be the place to ask: I'm someone who doesn't drink (I've tried a few things and they've always been too strong/bitter for me, I think part of the deal is that during my youth my mom tried to treat my mental issues with homeopathic remedies and some of those had alcohol content, so now I associate the taste of alcohol with that stuff), and while I'm not interested in making it a habit or anything, I'd be interested in finding if there's any booze I actually like the taste of. What's a good booze for someone with no alcohol experience? keep in mind that I am the kind of person who would probably be into mixing it with fruit smoothie stuff more than drinking it straight.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
I drank Sourpuss in high school and it doesn't taste like alcohol at all. It's also not "good booze",though, if that that really matters. (it doesn't)

Alcohol is an acquired taste and you're prob just going to have to stick with it for a few tries to get new associations.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
if anything this means that we can blame homeopathic remedies for not only being a useless placebo but also for making me hate the taste of booze

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
Tiny I honestly can't stand the taste of alcohol and I don't think I have had a full beer once in my 6 year legal drinking life yet there is one thing that I can stand and actually enjoy drinking. That drink is a Swedish cider called Rekorderlig, my favourite being the strawberry and lime variety. There is a slight alcoholic taste but it is barely noticeable, the only downside is that it is a bit on the expensive side in my eyes, some restaurants over here will charge $12 for a 500ml bottle though I have been told our alcohol is expensive. As for mixing I am pretty sure that isn't a cider thing but it has fruit in it already so maybe that passes?

Ryan Byewood

• How do I forum?
  • Paid
I'm lame and I stick to vodka and sprite with a lime wedge or two. Or vodka mixed with anything. Or general ciders (the probably shitty ones like Angry Orchard and what not).

My roommate has gotten me to like Malibu and Coke so that's a plus.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
I love North Coast's Pranqster Golden Ale so much. I can get it for cheap and it is fucking delicious.

I also can get Rogue's Hazelnut Brown Ale for cheap and that is also fucking delicious.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
You haven't LIVED until you've had Absolut Citron and sprite.
NutshellGulag Maxine Headroom

Digital Walnut

• The Carl Icahn of nuzzling
  • Paid
  • Source(s): meee~ nyaa~ :3
I love North Coast's Pranqster Golden Ale so much. I can get it for cheap and it is fucking delicious.

I also can get Rogue's Hazelnut Brown Ale for cheap and that is also fucking delicious.
STOG, February 01, 2015, 05:30:52 am
Everything North Coast makes is pretty great. Old Stock Ale has been showing up discounted at the local Grocery Outlets and I bought enough to destroy a few of my organs.

Other than that, imperial stouts, baltic porters and bourbon are what floats my boat.

slambam

• pigkin footbrawl
  • Paid

Other than that, imperial stouts, baltic porters and bourbon are what floats my boat.
Digital Walnut, April 28, 2015, 09:25:18 pm

Imperial stouts are my favorite thing. I feel like I come off as such a tryhard bringing them up, though. Lately I'm into Nitro's Wake Up Dead, but I'm waiting eagerly until it's winter enough to get Old Rasputin where I live. Otherwise I'm pretty big on IPAs, stouts, scotch ales and bocks/doppelbocks.

I also like vodka - straight occasionally if it's really good, but usually in a bloody or a moscow mule. Sprecher brewery also makes a wicked hard ginger beer.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Beer, whisky, whiskey, Polish vodka.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
It's been a while since I've been here, but I'm really enjoying Founder's Breakfast Stout. I don't typically drink coffee because it makes me really jumpy, but this particular stout is a wonderful blend of oats, chocolate, and coffee, and is absolutely perfect for drinking on cold nights in front of a game of Kentucky Route Zero.