Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:26:24 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: what's your poison (and by poison i mean delicious alcohol)  (Read 104239 times)

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
Carolyn is one of many crazy girls who will corner you at parties.

A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

• fact-lord
  • Paid
  • I was in first place, you whore!
Incorrect, they call them Muhlaykah or Jordan or, perplexingly, Carolyn.Juice Unlimited, April 09, 2013, 03:17:40 pm

What I know for sure is that I hold Juggalos on a higher tier.  JUGGALOS.  Juggies at least (tht!) have some faint inkling tht! they're ridiculous.
Acierocolotl, April 09, 2013, 03:23:09 pm

Are Juggalos actually a different population than white trash?  There's probably a lot of overlap there.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
Are Juggalos actually a different population than white trash?  There's probably a lot of overlap there.
Utnaphistim, April 09, 2013, 05:48:50 pm

Oh hell yes, son.  Hell yes.

The Greater North American White Trash is sort of a broad species, broken down into a variety of subspecies.

For instance, Homo Trailericus tends to form small cubicle dwellings of pressed wood particles.  They're quite enthralled by cubical shapes and often drink beverages from them (qv: cube wine).

Homo Ninjacus is often found in urban cores and is highly specialized for this environment.  They've adapted to the reduced availability of water sources by armouring their flesh with what, at first glance, could be unwashed skin flakes.  Many of them often attempt to camouflage themselves in their urban environment with the use of white and black facepaint.

I could go on; there's quite a lot of subspecies of GNAWT, but we're supposed to be discussing liquor, so let me hastily add the one time I had barley wine, it was fantastic in a guilty pleasure sort of way, but I've no idea who makes it around my neck of the woods.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
Christ, all of you guys are making me want some Maker's Mark or Wild Turkey 101.

I like my liquor how I like my Saturday nights: Like picking a fight with a wall.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Hey, don't go knocking down boxed wine! I mean, there are boxes and then there are boxes. Case and point, my parents are members of the Knights of Wine, so they know people who can get you the really good stuff for discount prices. I mean, sure a box wine is not a party wine, but it's perfectly fine for dinner at home.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
Today I learned that Montrith has classier party standards than I.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Hey, don't go knocking down boxed wine! I mean, there are boxes and then there are boxes.
montrith, April 10, 2013, 01:46:30 pm
Right. Franzia is obviously terrible (and leads to butt chugging), but there's stuff like Bandit, Black Box, and Yellow And Blue that are the exact same as Australian wines like YellowTail, but in cheaper packaging. Also it's nice to have a box on-hand so you can get a glass of wine whenever you like, rather than needing to commit to a bottle.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
Holy shit, there are Knights of Wine?
chai tea latte

A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

• fact-lord
  • Paid
  • I was in first place, you whore!
I like my liquor how I like my Saturday nights: Like picking a fight with a wall.
STOG, April 10, 2013, 04:02:31 am

STOG, when I grow up, if I have half your gift for metaphor I will count myself as truly blessed.

On my poison: decent beer - Newcastle, Heineken, Red Brick Brown, Red Brick Pale; gin and ginger ale, typically Seagram's; whiskey (Ivy Mountain) and Scotch.  I also sometimes splash whiskey or apple-brandy in my morning coffee.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Cuddlesquid, April 10, 2013, 08:35:56 pm

You get a silly little sash with a golden cup dangling from it. It's mostly just an excuse for producers to get together and flock their wares and wine-snobs to fanboy them, though you do get to mingle with people who can get you good and/or rare stuff for less than you'd pay in a liqueur store.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Cuddlesquid, April 10, 2013, 08:35:56 pm

You get a silly little sash with a golden cup dangling from it. It's mostly just an excuse for producers to get together and flock their wares and wine-snobs to fanboy them, though you do get to mingle with people who can get you good and/or rare stuff for less than you'd pay in a liqueur store.
montrith, April 11, 2013, 10:42:17 pm
I don't even drink wine (much) and I want to be a Knight Of Wine.

Delcat

• Paid
The Knights of Whine dangle their golden cup from their fedora.  It catches their tears.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
I would like to report that The Kraken brand rum is delicious. Very sweet and rich and sippable. It's almost viscous. Enjoying it in a dark n stormy currently.

Triggerhappy938

• Victor-Puncher
  • Paid
  • The Geek-of-all-Trades
I have broad tastes, but rum and mountain dew is an old favorite of mine, particularly when I'm trying to work on writing.

OrganGrinder

• pregnant semen-genie
  • Paid
  • needs to check his privlege
I enjoy a pleasant combination of Brandy and 7UP, for a 'Brandy Old Fashioned', which I hear you can't really find anywhere else in the US (at a bar). As well as random import beers from the local 'pick 6' usually. I recommend finding one of those and playing around, its a rewarding experience.

The Kraken brand rum

Been meaning to try this, and after this review I will certainly expedite that. I usually drink the cheapest rail rum when I go out to the bars, this might be a nice change of pace.