Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:37:40 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 212: History of the Dozerfleet Part 2  (Read 43520 times)

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid

My favourite bit is at about 7:30, but the whole thing is pretty great.
Amelia Blank eldritchhat Caroline

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
moooo566, May 24, 2016, 03:39:22 pm
7:30? You're crazy. 8:45 is when the realness happens.

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
David Stiefel's profile on the wiki is somewhat short and entertaining.

Frequently being around customers whilst bagging groceries proved an opportunity to enhance personal skill at public interaction.
Silent Liver Disease, May 23, 2016, 11:14:09 pm

I guess posting your resume on your personal fantasy wiki is one way to look for jobs.

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
  • Secretly seven cats in a human-shaped bag
Wait?? Are we seeing the famed Dozerfleet Founder in the flesh before our very eyes????

Really_Quite_Nice

• "Do I look like the kind of man who goes to wicked parties?"
  • Paid
  • Every time I've built character, I've regretted it
I like the idea of a Dozerfleet episode once every two or three years.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop LINDA Bodark

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
This episode continues one of my favorite conventions: Frank West does the girl voices and Portaxx does the boy voices.  What were you using for the karaoke?
I went back and listened to Dozerfleet 1, too.  A Dozerfleet marathon episode would be pretty cool as like a live event or something.  Frank West and Lemon are the only ridiculists in both!  How do y'all feel after exploring the... breadth of this guy's work?

This guy seems to have nothing other than his own extremely bmonster cock suburban experiences to draw from.  His honesty is refreshing, but his total lack of self-awareness is bizarre, and his desire to publish every idea he has ever had is... well, I guess understandable if he has nothing else going on.  Maybe I'm being overly charitable.
  It was a fantastic episode, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:59:56 pm by Nifty Nif »

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
Um, excuse me, I think you mean the CROOKED RAINBOW!! They're everywhere, I tells ya!

What I learned from putting together the doc is that Dozerfleet is hilariously terrified and prudish about anything related to sex, and yet more than willing to be fucking gratuitous with the violence he puts in his "work." Like, how women who have sex are HORRIBLE HELL-BOUND SLUTS, but when he writes a parody song about brutally murdering said sluts he seems to think that he's fighting the good fight.

It's weird.
Nikaer Drekin, May 23, 2016, 09:21:41 pm

Isn't that a stereotypical crack about Americans, we're modern-day Puritans who can't deal with sex at all but have no problems with ultraviolence? Dozerfleet's a real life manifestation of that, I guess.
McMillan and Waifu, May 23, 2016, 10:01:31 pm

Sad thing is, I knew guys like that (and it was always guys) in high school and college.  They were sex-phobic, anti-everything except violence, and had this really weird tendency to cling to every idea and every interaction they ever had, possibly because both were so astonishingly rare.  I mean, both of those episodes reek of 90s geekdom so hard I could literally smell it.  It smells like must and unwashed doughy white people.

dractivisionary

• Paid
I wonder who is technically worse: Chris Chan or Dozerfleet?

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
The Dozerfleet wiki is kind of a big outsider art thing, it's just a microcosm of one person's psyche given zero filtering or editing. It's kind of fascinating
cube abuser Nifty Nif Sherman Tank Maxine Headroom

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit

moooo566, May 24, 2016, 03:39:22 pm

I feel like Steven Seagal could make this work. In fact, I think this might be the plot of Fire Down Below.

• Paid
This guy seems to have nothing other than his own extremely bmonster cock suburban experiences to draw from.  His honesty is refreshing, but his total lack of self-awareness is bizarre, and his desire to publish every idea he has ever had is... well, I guess understandable if he has nothing else going on.  Maybe I'm being overly charitable.  It was a fantastic episode, anyway.
Nifty Nif, May 24, 2016, 07:26:19 pm

Let's not forget the man is violently homophobic, a little more than a tad racist, and an incredibly creepy stalker who likes to have women sold, raped and beheaded in his writing, because they're sluts (and he wrote them that way). Fantastic episode, yes, but I feel like you missed the bit where he uses his weird pen and trapezoid stories as a way to push his kind of horrifying agenda of revenge fantasies.
chai tea latte Bodark Ashto cube abuser Ras Shame-ra Nifty Nif Nemo2342 Sherman Tank Really_Quite_Nice

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Dozerfleet seems very much like a product of his upbringing.  I can't get too deep into his stuff because it always comes back to this intense feeling of claustrophobia to me.  He's a kid who had one video game and two TV shows he was allowed to watch, and that combined with a never-ending supply of conservative Christanity blended with whatever untreated mental issues he has to produce this.

I've actually read a little bit of his stuff he wrote as prose, and it's weirdly surreal.  There's nothing overtly wrong with it, but the sense I got from reading it was that he doesn't really have original thoughts. And as insulting as that sounds, I mean it more as just an observation. Boy god does he have tap some insane creative vein with names, but his sentences feel like they're strung-together chunks of phrases he recalled hearing.  Nothing quite fits and everything happens in Tropes.  It's no surprise he loves TV Tropes and its building-blocks approach to fiction monster cockysis, because he writes like the collective unconscious of TV Tropes was given a word processor and nothing but Bibleman comic books.

The point of all of this is to say that I don't feel like Dozerfleet is a shithead, I think he's a space alien who imprinted on shitheads.  I think it's also why he embodies that stereotype of Americans McMillan and Waifu mentioned; he's just a blank slate that got fed that dogma for decades and he just stores and releases it without any of the social awareness that shitheads usually use to cover up the fact that they're shitheads.
McMillan and Waifu sophrocynic strifeheart Sherman Tank

• Paid
That doesn't excuse anything, though. It's sad that he's been trapped in such a nasty little echo chamber, but he still says and does this shit. He still stood at the front of a class and told his classmates they were sluts who'd get aids. He still writes stories about beheading the women who have spurned him. Like all angry impotent idiots on the internet, the only real reason he isn't causing much harm is because he hasn't found a platform to speak from outside of a classroom, and that's as much luck as anything else.

One thing I think is quite interesting is that we seem to learn very little about his life outside of media and education. There's so many words about the newsletters he wrote to the girl who transferred schools to escape his stalking, and about the films he made in media class, but I can't find a single mention of his family on the wiki. His user page (which has his fucking CV for some reason) mentions his church and that's about all I can find. I don't know what his upbringing was, really. I know he's an active lutheran, but beyond that, I've got no clue how echo chambery and sheltered his life was.
chai tea latte Sherman Tank Really_Quite_Nice

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
I don't really know that I agree with the idea that he only had a handful of shows he could watch as a kid. Maybe I'm wrong, but he reads to me like someone basically raised on a lot of cartoons, and the sims came out when he was 17, so if he's obsessed with that, it's by choice.

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
This episode continues one of my favorite conventions: Frank West does the girl voices and Portaxx does the boy voices.  What were you using for the karaoke?
I went back and listened to Dozerfleet 1, too.  A Dozerfleet marathon episode would be pretty cool as like a live event or something.  Frank West and Lemon are the only ridiculists in both!  How do y'all feel after exploring the... breadth of this guy's work?

This guy seems to have nothing other than his own extremely bmonster cock suburban experiences to draw from.  His honesty is refreshing, but his total lack of self-awareness is bizarre, and his desire to publish every idea he has ever had is... well, I guess understandable if he has nothing else going on.  Maybe I'm being overly charitable.  It was a fantastic episode, anyway.
Nifty Nif, May 24, 2016, 07:26:19 pm

I'm pretty sure that Veggie Tales is the basis of, well, his entire psyche, I guess. Nothing else can explain why he keeps imagining boring-as-shit moralizing TV shows about kids who are inanimate objects / geometry clusterfucks.
Yavuz