Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:48:05 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: If we're really quiet, maybe they won't notice that we're talking about ANIME  (Read 167747 times)

Sion

• Paid
Also just noticed they came out with an english dub of Kill La Kill
KingKalamari, July 13, 2014, 02:39:04 pm

I personally think the dub is kinda bad (compared to the Gurren Lagann dub, at least) and it sounds remarkably like that "Bully la Bully" parody video. Everyone seems to have a different opinion about who sounds good and who doesn't, but everyone seems to agree that Mako, Senketsu, and Satsuki are kinda iffy.
Gamagori is glorious, though.

/a/'s (un?)official YouTube channel posted a comment saying "RIP" or something along the lines of that, so I suppose they didn't enjoy it.

Unrelated, and I don't mean to plug people, but I definitely recommend checking out Chip and Ironicus' Anime Theater. Mad Bull 34 is by far my favorite and the rest are golden too.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:37:55 am by Sion »

Sovereign

• Self-proclaimed writer
  • Paid
  • none pizza left beef

Done as side content for the No More Heroes 2 LP
I was only vaguely aware of their No More Heroes 2 LP involving allusions to and talk about a bunch of anime. How exactly did that work? Did they just get inspired by the Let's Play to make these? Either way, that's pretty cool!

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Also just noticed they came out with an english dub of Kill La Kill
KingKalamari, July 13, 2014, 02:39:04 pm

I personally think the dub is kinda bad (compared to the Gurren Lagann dub, at least) and it sounds remarkably like that "Bully la Bully" parody video. Everyone seems to have a different opinion about who sounds good and who doesn't, but everyone seems to agree that Mako, Senketsu, and Satsuki are kinda iffy.
Gamgagori is glorious, though.Sion, July 14, 2014, 01:32:53 pm

I didn't actually end up watching the original Japanese version aside from clips off of Youtube so I think that

From what I've watched thus far I think it's a pretty decent dub though I can definitely agree with Senketsu's voice being way off (Seriously, it sounds like they just got somebody from accounting to do the voice). I generally liked Mako's voice actress though I'll agree that she couldn't really keep the same breakneck speaking pace the Japanese voice did.

Gamagoori and Ryuko's voices are definitely the highlights.

/a/'s (un?)official YouTube channel posted a comment saying "RIP" or something along the lines of that, so I suppose they didn't enjoy it.

Unrelated, and I don't mean to plug people, but I definitely recommend checking out Chip and Ironicus' Anime Theater. Mad Bull 34 is by far my favorite and the rest are golden too.
Sion, July 14, 2014, 01:32:53 pm

Seconded, thirded, fourthed and fifthed. Anyone who hasn't watched this yet needs to do so right now! If anyone needs a jumping in point go for Mad Bull 34, The Monster of Frankenstein and Garzy's wing. You can thank me later.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Tomb of Dracula is one of my personal favorites because I actually watched that in storyboarding class because my teacher thought it was fucking hilarious and worth watching on a work day.

Also, out of all the things they watched, Dog Days probably made me the maddest because I looked it up and realized that as bullshit moe dating sim adaption as that series looks, it's not based on a dating sim. We have officially come full-circle from dating sims being adapted into anime, we now have anime made to be adapted into dating sims.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
I keep mentioning Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but is anybody except me here even watching/reading it?

Jojo is the best and I'd make a thread just for Jojo, but I need to know if other people are actually up to date on it or if it would be just me desperately trying to convince people to read or watch Jojo.

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
I just recently learned there is a decent translation of Part 4 online now, so I'm going to continue reading as soon as I can. As far as the anime, it's one of those things where I don't want to wait week to week, so I'm going to wait until they finish Part 3, then marathon it.

A Meat

• Paid
A different team also started part 5 and have done 24 out of 154 chapters so far.

I'll have to reread part 5 when they finish that, probably after I bother rereading part 4 because I originally read through the shitty Duwang translation and I remember like only half of what happened. Either that, or wait a year until the anime gets to part 4, if it ever does.

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Seeing as how well Jojo is doing both in Japan and the West, it's likely we'll see Part 4. Which I'm totally happy with, since Part 4 is where things reach a critical mass of stupid fabulousness.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
I have actually seen and read very little of jojo but I fucking adore the series. I started watching the anime very recently and am looking forward to getting done with part one to go onto the increasing madness of every other part of the series.

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
I have two anime movies with a similar name to recommend. Both are the product of Japanese aniamtion professionals working on passion projects in their basements for years that were a giant middle fingers to the anime industry. Shojo Tsubaki's Midori (1999) is an adaptation of Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show, the legendary ultra-gross art comic by Suehiro Maruo. A little girl who's basically a metaphor for postwar Japan runs into a circus of deformed sociopaths and falls in love with a magical dwarf/metaphor for Western capitalism who can turn people into hallucinatory monsters. When Tsubaki tried to take the lone 35 mm print to Europe for a film festival, it was confiscated by Japanese Customs and disturbed the authorities so much they burned the print. Here's a somewhat NSFW trailer.

The other is Keita Kurosaka's Midiori-ko (2010). Kurosaka spent nearly a decade animating this in watercolors, and it looks less like traditional Japanese anime and more like Bill Plympton (though with an even more surreal and dreamlike plot than one of Plympton's films). Here's a sample:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:38:23 pm by CormansInferno »

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
My school library actually had a copy of Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show, and as such I am unwilling to watch the trailer because the comic was fucked-up enough, imagining it animated is fucking terrifying.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
episode 3 of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun just came out and I honestly can't believe how much funnier it gets with every episode. Also judging the next episode preview they showed, NEXT EP IS THE DATING SIM EPISODE I AM HYPE FOR THIS

A Meat

• Paid
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is really good and episode 3 was really good. Next episode will probably be the best.

FartRomancer.exe

• Paid
  • never sold coke and i never had to hold a pistol

A Meat

• Paid