Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:27:58 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: If we're really quiet, maybe they won't notice that we're talking about ANIME  (Read 167741 times)

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?

Anime, is good.

Nichijou is the greatest
Kill la Kill is pretty dang good
Squid Girl is really good
Nisekoi has been pretty good, hope they renew it for a new season
Chunibyo was good, even the second season

I watched an episode of Girls und Panzer and I think it might be cool.  New Sailor Moon is going pretty well.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
I recently got my friend into Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. We now spend every Sunday night staying up late, waiting for the new episode. Now if I could only get her to read the manga.

Other than that, nothing in the new lineup has really grabbed my attention. Been getting back into some older series I've skipped earlier.

Is Nisekoi really as haremish as it looks to be? I read the original oneshot and liked it, but when I started to read the actual manga I got fed up with the added harem elements pretty quickly. That's just really not my cup of tea.

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
Nisekoi isn't as bad about it as Tenchi Muyo was, I feel.  Still very much a thing though, and of course it has to have "haha the main dude is accidentally in the ladies hot spring what wacky shenanigans are going to happen" as an episode.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Since this is temporarily a Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun thread, I feel like everyone should enjoy this

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Everyone on this forum should watch Watamote or "No Matter How I Look At It, It's Not My Fault!" in English.  It's about a girl in high school who is a creepy weirdo with social anxiety.  She can't speak to anyone without vomiting, she does nothing but play dating sims but she tries to be popular.  It's supposed to be a comedy, but some people think that it is too dark to be one.  I like it; it reminds me of my own youth as a mentally ill child
chai tea latte

A Meat

• Paid
Watamote is something I tried out but eventually ended up disliking, I feel like the premise would work if she wasn't so incredibly cripplingly mentally ill, I just felt so bad for her. Nobody seems to ever have an idea that mentally ill people can get help in anime, do psychologists not exist in Japan?

If you want to watch an anime about a mentally ill anime girl, I recommend Aku no Hana. The anime doesn't cover the whole story, so you will want to continue reading the manga afterwards though.

Bobalay

• FORUMS MEMBER
  • Paid
  • is made of 50 unbreakable g-strings
Serious discussion about mental illness is still a pretty big taboo for a variety of reasons. Generally, the beliefs are that nothing can be done to help, and that it's a result of personal weakness rather than biological factors or having fucked up shit happen to you. There's little exposure overall to counselors and therapists as people who can help; compare that to American TV where there are a fair amount of movie or TV characters who visit therapists. It's one of those situations where the elephant's been in the room for so long that it's started shitting everywhere, which makes people even less likely to bring it up, because then you have to acknowledge that there's shit all over the carpet, or in this case, that people are hurling themselves in front of trains on a daily basis. It's difficult to get into any more in-depth of an answer than that because much of it is bogged down in "NIPPONESE SHAME AND HONOR SAMURAI WABI-SABI"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 03:22:48 am by Bobalay »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
Anyone else hoping for second season for Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun? Barring that, an anime adaptation of Oresama Teacher would be nice too.

A Meat

• Paid
Anyone else hoping for second season for Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun? Barring that, an anime adaptation of Oresama Teacher would be nice too.
montrith, September 25, 2014, 10:46:14 am

I heard the first season sold really well comparatively, and there's probably enough content in the manga for another season, easy.

Anything worth watching this season? Nothing catches my eye really.

I, EmmaGhost

• Paid
I'll check out the first couple episodes of this "I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying," just because I'm a sucker for mismatched couples, anime based on 4-panel comics, and Romance. I'll probably also watch Shirobako and see how that is.

Other than that, Psycho-Pass 2 and World Trigger are airing this season, but at the top of my priority is Ronja the Robber's Daughter. I'm one of those weirdos that actually liked Tales From Earthsea, and Goro really made his mark with From Up On Poppy Hill.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
They're making Ronja into anime? I used to love that book, and everything else by Astrid Lindgren.

Odd

• Paid
Watamote is something I tried out but eventually ended up disliking, I feel like the premise would work if she wasn't so incredibly cripplingly mentally ill, I just felt so bad for her. Nobody seems to ever have an idea that mentally ill people can get help in anime, do psychologists not exist in Japan?

If you want to watch an anime about a mentally ill anime girl, I recommend Aku no Hana. The anime doesn't cover the whole story, so you will want to continue reading the manga afterwards though.
A Meat, September 25, 2014, 02:36:58 am
The girl in Watamotte is not mentally ill, she is just an asshole. She doesn't have the skills to approach strangers because she is a shy opinionated jerk with ulterior motives but that she is an asshole is even more evident now that she has reconnected with her old middle school friends:
Like the final panel of this page:
http://bato.to/read/_/269986/its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular_ch65_by_world-three/5

And Aku no Hana's plot resolution fucking sucks.

A Meat

• Paid

The girl in Watamotte is not mentally ill, she is just an asshole. She doesn't have the skills to approach strangers because she is a shy opinionated jerk with ulterior motives but that she is an asshole is even more evident now that she has reconnected with her old middle school friends:
http://bato.to/read/_/269986/its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular_ch65_by_world-three/5

Odd, September 26, 2014, 01:08:36 am

I didn't get far enough in Watamote to really say something concrete about how her character develops, but she starts out with crippling social anxiety which I see as mental illness, or a symptom of. I mean, she's also an asshole, but not just.

Aku no Hana's second half's whole message is basically that things from the past might never get resolved and that life goes on, but the ending did kind of fall flat. I still think that the best ending to it would be "and then I went to therapy and started dealing with my issues and past, and I'm happier now that I can leave some of the things behind me", but apparently that can't happen because of Japan. The anime has literally nothing to do with the second half of the plot so it's kind of irrelevant to this thread.

If you were talking about the anime's plot resolution, then yeah, it's probably because they had a bunch of footage for a 2nd season, but there was no way in hell they'd get one so they did a dumb thing, but at that point you should go and read the manga.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked

Odd, September 26, 2014, 01:08:36 am

Newsflash: mental illness gives you some assholeish tendencies
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:04:26 am by Smoking Crow »

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Can we talk about the magnificence that is Paranoia Agent's opening song?

Susumu Hirasawa is the best.