Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:46:19 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: If we're really quiet, maybe they won't notice that we're talking about ANIME  (Read 167718 times)

Tarekthefreak

• Paid
People kept trying to get me to watch attack on Titan. The opening track is garbled noise and every character dialogue consists of only yelling. It gave me a headache. So I watched Yu Yu hakusho again instead.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
People kept trying to get me to watch attack on Titan. The opening track is garbled noise and every character dialogue consists of only yelling. It gave me a headache. So I watched Yu Yu hakusho again instead.
Tarekthefreak, January 20, 2015, 01:50:48 pm

The anime's animation is really garbage, the manga is ok and reminiscent of Naruto circa '02

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
In other news, Ikuhara-- the guy who did Revolutionary Girl Utena-- has a new series airing!

It's... about lesbian bears. The title is literally "Yuri Bear Storm"-- Yurikuma Arashi, and the bears (in the form of moe girls) have scenes of licking honey off of a lily flower in place of lesbian sex scenes. It's either a metaphorical discussion about the ways lesbianism are portrayed in Japanese media, or trolling Utena fans and I can't tell which.

advancedclass

• Paid
I think the decade or so of inactivity really did a number on Ikuhara. I still haven't gotten around to watching Mawaru Penguindrum although the DVDs are sitting on my shelf. The feelings of people whose opinions I respect seem to be that he's gone too far in the crazy/trolling direction and everything I've seen about Yurikuma Arashi makes me think he's either lost it or in the current state of shameless pandering to otaku shut-ins the industry exists in he doesn't feel the need to couch anything he's doing in subtly or weird symbolism.

I'd be interested to hear reports but he really seems to have fallen off the radar of people who were digging his '90s work.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
I think the decade or so of inactivity really did a number on Ikuhara. I still haven't gotten around to watching Mawaru Penguindrum although the DVDs are sitting on my shelf. The feelings of people whose opinions I respect seem to be that he's gone too far in the crazy/trolling direction and everything I've seen about Yurikuma Arashi makes me think he's either lost it or in the current state of shameless pandering to otaku shut-ins the industry exists in he doesn't feel the need to couch anything he's doing in subtly or weird symbolism.

I'd be interested to hear reports but he really seems to have fallen off the radar of people who were digging his '90s work.
advancedclass, January 26, 2015, 02:04:55 pm

Never watched it, but everyone I know that has really likes it and thinks it is super deep

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
hello, i went to a con and got this

I was originally gonna get an 8 in. Miho but i couldn't afford all three plus Miporin

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
those are super cute!

also oh man stardust crusaders is so much better than the first two acts of jojo and they were pretty good to begin with

advancedclass

• Paid
also oh man stardust crusaders is so much better than the first two acts of jojo and they were pretty good to begin with
chai tea latte, February 01, 2015, 06:25:53 pm

I think everyone agrees that Stardust Crusaders is where JoJo becomes TRUE JOJO. Every minute of the anime has been pure delight and I really hope it's doing well enough that they'll animate the next act which is probably my favourite (this is a lie, they are all tied for favourite).

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Finally back to watching JoJo, just started Battle Tendency and I'm already loving this more than Phantom Blood, looks like this show just gets better and better over time

That POSE!!

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked

Sovereign

• Self-proclaimed writer
  • Paid
  • none pizza left beef
I watched Lucky Star years ago and I remember nothing about it. That leads me to believe I didn't really like it, but I was sure that I watched all of it. I remember something about a Chocolate Cornet though. I'm still not sure how I feel about slice of life animes in general because I really enjoyed Azumanga Daioh at one point, yet I rarely actively seek out that genre.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
I watched Lucky Star years ago and I remember nothing about it. That leads me to believe I didn't really like it, but I was sure that I watched all of it. I remember something about a Chocolate Cornet though. I'm still not sure how I feel about slice of life animes in general because I really enjoyed Azumanga Daioh at one point, yet I rarely actively seek out that genre.
Sovereign, February 25, 2015, 02:20:41 am

You don't remember lolicon dad or their WoW guild?

Sovereign

• Self-proclaimed writer
  • Paid
  • none pizza left beef
You don't remember lolicon dad or their WoW guild?
Smoking Crow, February 25, 2015, 02:26:39 am
...Maybe I could give the show another watch.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat

Smoking Crow, February 24, 2015, 08:30:34 pm

it's no nichijou, or even a nozaki-kun

Sovereign

• Self-proclaimed writer
  • Paid
  • none pizza left beef
Do you ever feel like the constant influx of new anime can get overwhelming or even off putting? I have some shows on my to-watch list right now, and maybe I'm just not into anime as much as I used to be, but I find it more difficult to sit through 26 or so episodes of a show that I may or may not even like just so I can move on to the next one. I'm not really sure what to do about it besides find a nice short-ish show that I really like, binge watch it and add it to the collection.

I guess my point is that the more anime I find out about, the less likely one of them will become 'that' show that really sticks with me.