Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:07:51 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: If we're really quiet, maybe they won't notice that we're talking about ANIME  (Read 167752 times)

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
NEEEEEEERDS!!!
A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
After a long break from anime I am finally back into this bullshit, and damn it I am going to get my money's worth from this crunchyroll subscription that I haven't used in months. Here's what I've learned:
  • Battle Tendency was fantastic, and Stardust Crusaders is looking great so far
  • I don't understand Gintama
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? is okay but fanservice is grossing me out as always
  • Nisekoi has the most ludicrous premise of anything I've ever seen
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is still the best
fruithag, May 31, 2015, 09:29:39 pm

i'm really hyped for where stardust crusaders is right now, it starts to pick up pace a bunch

e: I really liked Kill la Kill and Cowboy Bebop, am I going to like Revolutionary Girl Utena?
chai tea latte, May 31, 2015, 09:52:54 pm

Utena isn't like either of them, it's like Evangelion but with girls.  It has a lot of Jungian theory and lots of lesbian overtones.  Utena is closer to a Japanese art film than to those two

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
There's nothing to get about Gintama, it's the most dependable show in the game.  It's consistently one of the best shows out there and every part of it is funny and cool
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:24:10 am by Smoking Crow »

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
After a long break from anime I am finally back into this bullshit, and damn it I am going to get my money's worth from this crunchyroll subscription that I haven't used in months. Here's what I've learned:
  • Battle Tendency was fantastic, and Stardust Crusaders is looking great so far
  • I don't understand Gintama
  • Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? is okay but fanservice is grossing me out as always
  • Nisekoi has the most ludicrous premise of anything I've ever seen
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is still the best
fruithag, May 31, 2015, 09:29:39 pm

i'm really hyped for where stardust crusaders is right now, it starts to pick up pace a bunch

e: I really liked Kill la Kill and Cowboy Bebop, am I going to like Revolutionary Girl Utena?
chai tea latte, May 31, 2015, 09:52:54 pm

Utena isn't like either of them, it's like Evangelion but with girls.  It has a lot of Jungian theory and lots of lesbian overtones.  Utena is closer to a Japanese art film than to those two
Smoking Crow, June 01, 2015, 02:19:35 am

sounds perfect, thanks! I also liked Evangelion.

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
NEEEEEEERDS!!!
Runic, June 01, 2015, 12:30:24 am

Shit, we weren't quiet enough! They noticed we're talking about anime! Abandon thread!

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
Amagi Brilliant Park is like if Roller Coaster Tycoon had an anime plot. 

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
NEW TRAILER

GIRLS UND PANZER DER FILM!!!!!!  At least 3 new teams confirmed, one of which is France

Translation:
Narrator: Two years after the TV series' moving finale, your battle begins now!
Text: Two years after the moving finale
Text: That was guided by fate
Text: A story of recapturing
Text: Verlaine's "Chanson d'automne"
Voice: "Les sanglots longs / Des violons / De l'automne"
Text: Encrypted communications
Text: Operation commences
Text: The biggest tank battle ever!!
Voice: Flowers can bloom anywhere
Text: Senshadō
Text: Nishi-zumi-ryū
Text: Successor
Text: Collapse
Voice: Fate is fickle
Text: A new enemy
Text: An ally?
Text: The fateful battle
Narrator & Voice: Girls und Panzer der Film
Narrator & Voice: Take backā€¦
Text: Advance tickets & MovieTicket cards with illustrated clear file folders now on sale at participating theaters! 13 kinds for 1,500 yen [about US$12] each

Sherlockian

• Library handwriting. Indexing. Abstracting. Alphabetizing. Filing.
  • Paid
  • File under Z695.95 S54
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma combines the two worst impulses in anime-- ridiculously over the top "battles" involving things that aren't fighting (in this case, Iron Chef-style competitions at a weirdly competitive chef school), and really weird cheesecake fanservice (people eat amazing food, and then get a fantasy shot where their clothes are ripped off to show how deliciously orgasmic it is).

It's awful. I like awful television.

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Finished season 1 of Stardust Crusaders and I have to say I'm kind of disappointed with it. Not that I didn't like it but I was expecting a lot more after how great Battle Tendency was. Granted it's only the first season but there's barely any focus on Jotaro himself, from what little I've seen of him he seems like a pretty boring character. It feels like at least half the episodes are completely focused on Polnareff which is weird. Plus the "one villain per episode" structure is a little repetitive and means none of their enemies are really developed as characters like Wamuu and Kars were. Hopefully season 2 is better because everyone says Stardust Crusaders is where JoJo gets really good and it feels pretty weak to me.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
Finished season 1 of Stardust Crusaders and I have to say I'm kind of disappointed with it. Not that I didn't like it but I was expecting a lot more after how great Battle Tendency was. Granted it's only the first season but there's barely any focus on Jotaro himself, from what little I've seen of him he seems like a pretty boring character. It feels like at least half the episodes are completely focused on Polnareff which is weird. Plus the "one villain per episode" structure is a little repetitive and means none of their enemies are really developed as characters like Wamuu and Kars were. Hopefully season 2 is better because everyone says Stardust Crusaders is where JoJo gets really good and it feels pretty weak to me.
fruithag, June 09, 2015, 12:12:34 pm

season two is wayyyy better and will resolve your issues

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
A list of everything Guts has ever killed

http://skullknight.net/roster/
Baldr

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Speaking of which, my dad got into Berserk in a big way this weekend when I introduced it to him. It's kind of funny watching a 50 year old man read manga.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:29:02 am by FattyBoBatty »

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Finished Stardust Crusaders, season 2 was definitely better than season 1. I still thought it focused on Polnareff too much, I always felt like he was the least interesting character in the group and I wish they'd given some more time to the rest of the characters. Jotaro was just hanging out in the background half the time but damn those last two episodes were great. I kind of wanted more from it but oh well it was still really good. The bar was just set really high from the last part. Anyway when the hell is the next JoJo getting adapted, what am I supposed to do with my life now that the anime is gone?

eta: oops I didn't realize the Stardust Crusaders anime just ended last week, I didn't even know that it was still ongoing as I was watching it. Well then I guess I'll just be patient
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:36:51 pm by fruithag »

chai tea latte

• Paid
is Madoka as good as people tell me it is or are they are overhyping it, tia

really liking Utena so far!

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
I really liked it, but I watched it while I was still a teenager when it came out, and also I seem to oddly gravitate towards anime about young teens getting into strange/horrible situations that force them to grow up or change one way or another. so I might be a bad judge of what's good in that genre.

The soundtrack is actually surprisingly good, for a change as well.

Give the first few episodes a chance and see if you like the direction it takes.

Hope you don't mind everyone having oddly shaped pentagon heads.