Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:19:07 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: If we're really quiet, maybe they won't notice that we're talking about ANIME  (Read 167710 times)

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
I've been watching more One Piece lately and I think the bad taste the 4Kids dub left in my mouth as a kid is finally gone and I can see what's great about it. It's a big wild adventure with action and friendship and mouth swords!! I'm really starting to love it now. I think the thing that made me realize how much the 4Kids version gave me the wrong impression of it was the opening. The 4Kids opening for anyone who has never seen it was a shitty rap that I guess was trying to make the show look cooler to the hip early 2000s Toonami viewers? It's garbage. I saw that shit and basically expected Dragon Ball Z with pirates, and was very let down. Compared to the original opening which is a lot more representative of the actual tone of the series. It's fucking great.

There are hundreds and hundreds of episodes of this and I've gotten through 36 so I've got a hell of a task ahead of me but I'm loving it. Thank god for Crunchyroll (which I just found out has an HD version of One Piece which is grouped separately from the rest of the episodes and here I've been watching it in 480p like a fucking chump lmao). The story of Nami's past made me cry a little which is kind of a shame because I would've loved to be able to end my life saying I never cried at an anime but whatever

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
I've been watching more One Piece lately and I think the bad taste the 4Kids dub left in my mouth as a kid is finally gone and I can see what's great about it. It's a big wild adventure with action and friendship and mouth swords!! I'm really starting to love it now. I think the thing that made me realize how much the 4Kids version gave me the wrong impression of it was the opening. The 4Kids opening for anyone who has never seen it was a shitty rap that I guess was trying to make the show look cooler to the hip early 2000s Toonami viewers? It's garbage. I saw that shit and basically expected Dragon Ball Z with pirates, and was very let down. Compared to the original opening which is a lot more representative of the actual tone of the series. It's fucking great.

There are hundreds and hundreds of episodes of this and I've gotten through 36 so I've got a hell of a task ahead of me but I'm loving it. Thank god for Crunchyroll (which I just found out has an HD version of One Piece which is grouped separately from the rest of the episodes and here I've been watching it in 480p like a fucking chump lmao). The story of Nami's past made me cry a little which is kind of a shame because I would've loved to be able to end my life saying I never cried at an anime but whatever
fruithag, July 24, 2015, 04:39:07 pm

Welcome to the pirate shenanigans club, I hope you're ready experience a huge adventure with pretty rad characters and if you're at any point sick of the anime, just switch over to the manga, it has significantly less padding and goes down quicker.

And remember that you're nowhere yet, I hope you're ready to tear up again about stupid anime bullshit again fairly soon.

By the way, consider that the quality of anime is kind of inconsistent and some parts have a bunch of filler much later on. But that might be around a hundred a fifty episodes down the line if I remember correctly. Also skip all the goddamn movies basically.

Report back once in a while and talk about your feelings about One Piece, I kind of love hearing about people experiencing something like One Piece or Jojo for the first time, I will never get enough of people experiencing part 7 of Jojo for the first time, and some One Piece arcs are incredible as well.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
The animation of the One Piece anime is bad.  Plus, the characters look like shit in color

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
I was going to post this in the "what are you listening to right now" thread, but I think it belongs here more.

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
The animation of the One Piece anime is bad.  Plus, the characters look like shit in color
Smoking Crow, July 24, 2015, 06:25:28 pm

You think so? Zoro's hair color looks a little weird but that's the only thing I've noticed. Granted I've never read the manga so I don't know how it would look otherwise. I like the animation a lot personally

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Smoking Crow, July 24, 2015, 06:25:28 pm

You think so? Zoro's hair color looks a little weird but that's the only thing I've noticed. Granted I've never read the manga so I don't know how it would look otherwise. I like the animation a lot personally
fruithag, July 24, 2015, 09:13:08 pm

The colors are garish and ugly, One Piece should be black and white

oen-peice.tumblr.com/

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
I'm old. Have some old.

FartRomancer.exe

• Paid
  • never sold coke and i never had to hold a pistol
I've been watching the new season of Non Non Biyori and Himouto. I'm thinking of watching the JItsu Wa Watashi Wa anime because I like the manga, but I hear it doesn't hold up. Which is a shame because the manga is pretty great.

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
I've been watching the new season of Non Non Biyori and Himouto. I'm thinking of watching the JItsu Wa Watashi Wa anime because I like the manga, but I hear it doesn't hold up. Which is a shame because the manga is pretty great.
FartRomancer.exe, August 09, 2015, 10:49:08 pm

The Jitsu Wa anime is really disappointing. You'd think a goofy but reliably fun high-concept romcom wouldn't be that hard to adapt, but it fails mostly because it seems to have been made for $5 and a ham sandwich (and apparently not a good ham sandwich either). The presales of the first Blu-Ray in Japan were a record-farting 12 copies.

Baldr

• Paid
I just finished season one of Psycho-Pass and it was great.  Apparently there's a second season, but I read a few reports of people who thought it was bad.  Should I continue or stop now?

I'm asking because I really wish someone had told me to stop watching Sword Art Online when the first arc ended at episode twelve, before it got all creepy-gross.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
You shouldn't have watched SAO at all, it's horrendous

Positronic

• You told a squash lie!
  • Paid
  • You broke a squash promise!
I stopped about five episodes through Psycho-Pass 2, so I wouldn't recommend it. It was mostly filler to tide the fans over before the movie came out, and Urobuchi was more involved with the movie. The opening theme is pretty awesome, though!

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
God help me I can't stop watching Nisekoi. Why do I like this bullshit garbage. This is like Toradora but worse. Except Toradora sucked and this doesn't. No, it does. This sucks. But I love it. What have I become? I'm disgusting, kill me. I'm choking on all of these flowers and sparkles and dokidokis. I can't breathe. Help me.

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
God help me I can't stop watching Nisekoi. Why do I like this bullshit garbage. This is like Toradora but worse. Except Toradora sucked and this doesn't. No, it does. This sucks. But I love it. What have I become? I'm disgusting, kill me. I'm choking on all of these flowers and sparkles and dokidokis. I can't breathe. Help me.
fruithag, August 16, 2015, 08:08:41 pm

Toradora was fine.  Also, Nisekoi good.