Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:18:51 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: If we're really quiet, maybe they won't notice that we're talking about ANIME  (Read 167732 times)

memorylikeasieve

• *SQUEAK!*
  • Paid
  • "If you're white, see a doctor."
Has anyone seen Evengelion 3:33 You Can (Not) Redo?

WTF? Pretty much abandoned the original story line and went off the rails.
speedbath, February 20, 2016, 12:31:43 am

I mean, that should have been expected from Anno.
FattyBoBatty, February 20, 2016, 01:45:30 am

I feel like it's somehow my fault now.
speedbath, February 20, 2016, 02:26:16 am

Insert obligatory joke about Shinji and self-blame here.

Personally, I tried rewatching the original and I vastly prefer the rebuild, but that could be because I hate Asuka with the passion of a million burning suns and the rebuild has so much less of her.  Mercifully so.  True, the plot's going wild, and it leaves me wondering just what they're going to /do/ with the Human Instrumentality Project, but I still prefer it.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
There might be good anime this coming season!

Besides JoJo which is going to own, theres going to be a Sakamoto-san anime adaptation and a Phoenix Wright anime, both of which I hope are as good as the original material. And some new slice-of-life comedy stuff for people who like that I guess.

I should probably finish the Egypt arc of JoJo part 3, since at some point I got sick of waiting for it to come out week to week and then promptly forgot about watching the rest of it

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Diamond Is Unbreakable!!! This looks like it's going to be so good. Especially can't wait for next week to see the OP if it's as good as the first four. The colors are even more of an eyesore than usual for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure but that's good. Literally the only thing I don't like about it so far is the weird way their noses are drawn. I'm sure I'll get used to that though, like I got used to looking at these grotesque hulking men drawn in all the colors of the rainbow.

A Meat

• Paid
Hype for JoJo part 4 is real! I love the colors and I hope the OP and ED are as good as the previous ones.

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
I've been really impressed with the Ace Attorney anime so far! I wasn't expecting much but it looks like they did a great job adapting it. The VAs fit the characters really well (I'm especially a fan of the VA for Maya Fey), the pacing is arguably better than the game's, and everything is right where it should be. They even translated "miso ramen" as "hamburgers" in the subtitles. Nice job guys.

This was a pretty great choice to adapt into an anime, it's all the fun of playing the games minus the horrible backtracking that makes the games kind of miserable to play sometimes! I hope they adapt the rest of the series, I fucking love Ace Attorney.

(Also Diamond Is Unbreakable is グレート)

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
My favorite Animoo is Legend of the Galactic Heroes.  The general outline: Prussian SPACE monarchy versus SPACE democracy.  Young admiral Reinhard von Lohengram and brilliant but lazy strategist Yang Wenli battle to see whose ideology will stand the test of time.  Main show lasts 110 episodes full of political philosophy, occasional battles, and too many awesome characters to remember.  Their names will helpfully appear if they haven't ever been on screen for three consecutive episodes, spent some time off-camera, or just when the producers felt like putting it there.  Even minor character who never show up again have a name, but you REALLY need to keep an eye on anyone whose middle name shows up.  One reason to watch this show is the music design, which was micro-managed to line up perfectly with the action.  This wasn't sound-engineered, it was choreographed.

Aside from the main show, there are two movies (one which does not exist in the same continuity, another which was released prior to and explains the events leading up to episode 1 of the show), two ~30-episode side-series, and a musical.

Originally, the episodes were funded by fans of the novels, who would get a VHS with an episode on it each time they had the money to produce them.  The show enjoyed enough popularity in Japan that it was released on Blu-Ray when the format was not yet standard, and so such re-releases for older series unusual.  The books are finally coming out in English (first one came out last Tuesday), and while the show has been licensed in France for years, only now is it being brought to the United States.  Fortunately, for those of us who do not understand moonspeak or French, there's a great fansub project which was finally completed in 2011 after over half a decade's hard labor.

There's a reboot in the works, set to come out in Q1 or 2 of 2017.  No news aside from a small sitelaunched about a year and a half ago, but we're all holding our breath, hoping it's at least half as good as the original.

If you're ready to lay your heart down upon the sea of the stars:

It's hard to get clips without spoiling things, but then again the narrator does that very well without my help.
Truthless, March 13, 2016, 03:15:06 pm
This has been next on my plate for a while now, but I'm trying to finish Armored Trooper VOTOMS before I dive in.

Also, I buy too many gundam models

A Meat

• Paid
I should probably finish LoGH, I think I'm somewhere around episode 90 or so, but I don't really remember, but it's a huge recommend.

JJBA part 4 anime is incredible so far. The OP is pretty good and the ED is pretty good as well, having some small nods to people who know what's going to happen.

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Maybe you've felt a stirring in the air. Maybe it's a taste slowly making its way into your mouth, halfway between the crispest of malt liquors and the finest of spring waters. Maybe it's a brighter longer sunset gracing the horizon. Maybe you've seen an old friend after years of time spent apart, and instantly rembered why you were friends in the first place. Maybe the rainwater has poured with gusto upon your crop, or your skin, if you're the type of person who enjoys walking in a rainstorm. Maybe your candles are burning brighter, longer, or warmer. Maybe you've finally moved past candles onto a more efficient form of lighting and warmth. Maybe your pet seems happier every morning when you wake up to check on them. Maybe they've just stopped defecating inside the house. Maybe your sports team of choice has been on a winning streak. Maybe you've recently rediscovered how comfortable just listening to old episodes of Car Talk can be.

But why?

Why?

why?

I HAVE YOUR ANSWER

Also, episode two of JoJo was nice and fresh

A Meat

• Paid
Episode 4 of JJBA part 4 is incredibly important, it has one of the best stands in Jojo it's the egg

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
Episode 4 of JJBA part 4 is incredibly important, it has one of the best stands in Jojo it's the egg
A Meat, April 23, 2016, 07:47:47 am

S-H-I-T we ain't seen nothing until we get to Act 3 biiiiiiitch
chai tea latte A Meat

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
  • Diamond Is Unbreakable continues to be great, way better than Stardust Crusaders but I still don't think anything will ever top Battle Tendency
  • I've heard a lot of people saying they've already lost interest in Ace Attorney but w/e it's cheesy as hell and I love it
  • I'm rewatching Love Lab and I don't get why nobody loves this show like I do
  • obligatory mention of how Gintama is somehow still getting better and better with each episode, how the fuck
Fanzay

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
  • I'm rewatching Love Lab and I don't get why nobody loves this show like I do
fruithag, April 23, 2016, 08:53:54 pm
The stated goal of the cast of Love Lab is for the girls to find boyfriends. That is, for a large part of the audience of such shows, fucking unacceptable.

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
I'm all caught up with JoJo, yes!

I watched an episode of the new Sailor Moon, since I've been watching some of the old episodes on and off. Blegh. I feel like I could write a 2000 word review of the art style and why it totally sucks compared to the old anime. Someone point me to cartoonbrew, I'm ready to start earnin' the fat stacks with my opinions on cartoon pretty soldier girls.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Nifty Nif

A Meat

• Paid

I watched an episode of the new Sailor Moon, since I've been watching some of the old episodes on and off. Blegh. I feel like I could write a 2000 word review of the art style and why it totally sucks compared to the old anime. Someone point me to cartoonbrew, I'm ready to start earnin' the fat stacks with my opinions on cartoon pretty soldier girls.
Spooks, April 26, 2016, 01:57:12 pm
I think you mean
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop positive stress xX_sp00ks_Xx chai tea latte

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby

Spooks, April 26, 2016, 01:57:12 pm
I think you mean

A Meat, April 26, 2016, 02:43:52 pm

(Joseph Joestar voice) oh my gah