Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:47:05 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: If we're really quiet, maybe they won't notice that we're talking about ANIME  (Read 167787 times)

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Please Watch Cyber City Oedo 808 with the dub so you can see this line

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Damn, Samurai Champloo is as cool as ten year old me remembers it being.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
So I ended up marathoning Popee The Performer, and it's.... well, it's a show alright. It's a CGI kid's show with 4-minute episodes that has a kind of sadistic slapstick humor that's somewhere between looney tunes and itchy and scratchy, and a large part of its appeal is just how batshit insane it gets. There's an episode where Popee rips his own eyelids off and it's nowhere NEAR the weirdest or most horrific thing that happens in the episode.

Here's an early episode, which isn't anywhere near as surreal this show gets (and doesn't contain Papi, who's basically terror incarnate), the gag at the end is a pretty good taste of how bizarre things will get in this show.

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
I just realized that it might have been a completely different site that just had the nichismoke thing I've seen, since there seem to be multiple pages that are just that video on a loop.

I feel like watching a really terrible anime, anybody got a good recommendation for a "so bad it's good" anime? Preferably not too long.
A Meat, November 16, 2014, 03:49:02 pm

Depending on your tastes, Nerima Daikon Brothers is either awesome or hilariously bad.

RedMinjo

• Paid
  • Which of these houses is the most blue?
I have been watching Toradora!.  It is good, for being another high school romcom anime.  The OP and ED songs are also rad, an important part of a good anime.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:06:52 pm by RedMinjo »

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
If you're into anime that's more on the goofy and weird side I recommend watching Nichijou it's pretty much perfect imo. Daily Lives of High School Boys is good too from what I've seen. I liked Angel Beats! and Chuunibyou a lot too, and the original Dragon Ball is awesome. These are my Anime Opinions

A Meat, if you're looking for something that's so bad it's good you should check out Acchi Kocchi, it's like the epitome of all slice of life moe shit anime and it's beautiful

Sounds like I need to watch Jojo

RedMinjo

• Paid
Now watching Hajime no Ippo, it is a hype boxing anime.

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Okay I'm five episodes into Jojo and I'm loving this, took a couple episodes to get going but holy shit this is great

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
You aren't even at the good stuff yet.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
You aren't even at the good stuff yet.
FattyBoBatty, January 09, 2015, 01:36:32 am

How can that be true when "how many breads have you eaten in your life" was said? Surely it must all be downhill from here?

Edit: Just watched episode 1 of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and it was so good, bless this thread for bringing new anime into my life
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:37:55 pm by fifty cents »

RedMinjo

• Paid
It is amazing how much I hated Dio even just after the first episode.  They did a really good job, with JoJo.

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
I barely made it through the first episode, I felt so bad for JoJo. Too much empathy for the animes. I almost stopped watching because I was afraid it was just going to be Boy Gets Constantly Shit On By Everyone For His Entire Life. Glad I kept going though because I'm very much enjoying Unreasonably Large Handsome Man Does Unreasonably Manly Things (also I don't know if it's just because his name is Speedwagon or if he's the best but I love Speedwagon)

ALSO Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is so good. I think this might be close to edging out Nichijou as my favorite anime. Everyone should watch this, it's the best

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Watched Denki-gai no Honya-san and Gugure! Kokkuri-san this season. Both are based on 4-koma and pretty funny, but I feel Kokkuri-san got a by far better anime adaptation. Recommend checking both those out if you're in the mood for something light and funny without too much plot.

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
I watched the first two episodes of Koufuku Graffiti and it was weird as hell, probably not going to watch any more. It's about a girl who likes to cook and there are lots of bizarrely sexualized scenes of the characters eating, zooming in on their mouths, everyone making creepy noises and blushing for some reason... I don't like straight-up fanservice but somehow this was so much more cringey. Maybe the fact that the girls are 13 years old? That might have something to do with it

I don't know what Japan is like but apparently it's a lot less weird there than it is in the US to try to turn people on with your animated depictions of middle schoolers