Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:50:11 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: If we're really quiet, maybe they won't notice that we're talking about ANIME  (Read 167967 times)

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Why does no one anywhere ever talk about Kokoro Connect? Anyone else here seen it?
DaltonSezHi, February 01, 2016, 10:18:31 pm

I started watching it the other night and now I'm ten episodes in. This is some good teen angst shit, it's like everything I wanted Oregairu to be and more. Still have a few episodes to go but this is feeling like at least an 8.5 if not a 9
DaltonSezHi

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
I see nobody's mentioned S E K K O B O Y S in this thread, so it's time I fixed that.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Frank West

speedbath

• Paid
Has anyone seen Evengelion 3:33 You Can (Not) Redo?

WTF? Pretty much abandoned the original story line and went off the rails.

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting

speedbath, February 20, 2016, 12:31:43 am

I mean, that should have been expected from Anno.

speedbath

• Paid

speedbath, February 20, 2016, 12:31:43 am

I mean, that should have been expected from Anno.
FattyBoBatty, February 20, 2016, 01:45:30 am

I feel like it's somehow my fault now.

Turtle

• [F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+][F+]
  • Paid
Why does no one anywhere ever talk about Kokoro Connect? Anyone else here seen it?
DaltonSezHi, February 01, 2016, 10:18:31 pm
Partially because there was a major production scandal around it and a lot of people boycotted it. It ruined the studio's sales for a little while until they started churning out Prisma Ilya.

In summary, they ran a promotion where you could audition to voice an original character in the show. They selected on an aspiring voice actor that wasn't very good, recorded his performance, then had an event where they brought him on stage before a large audience and a few members of the staff where they then showed his performance and made fun of him. People were not happy about this "prank", ratings plummeted, the original production schedule got completely fucked (the last arc of the series wasn't released until the blu-rays came out) and sales for the studio took a major hit for a number of seasons.

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Yuyushiki is stupid as hell but it feels like such a calculated stupidity, like it's got stupidity down to a perfect science. It's such a weird show, I don't think there's anything particularly amazing about it but I can't stop watching. It's not my favorite series but I think it's definitely worth watching, even if I can't explain why I think so. There's something of value here, I just know it.

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
I'm now watching Samurai Champloo and this the most relaxing and pleasant vibe I have ever gotten from something full of sword murders.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Achilles' Heelies Nifty Nif Fanzay

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Is the Zeta Gundam theme song the best pre-bebop opening ever? My vote says yes

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Holy hell Gate is awful.

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
The Diamond Is Unbreakable anime starts airing on April 1st! GET HYPE

I'm going to hold a JoJo pose for the next 18 days. Sorry, work
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop eldritchhat chai tea latte

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
^I'm finally getting around to watching Stardust Crusaders now. I waited forever since I didn't want to put up with the TV censoring, then I sort of forgot to check if the blu-rays were out. But so far, the beginning episodes are worse than the first two arcs but the episode with Forever and his boat totally redeems it.

Truthless

• Paid
  • Rehabilitated "gamer."
My favorite Animoo is Legend of the Galactic Heroes.  The general outline: Prussian SPACE monarchy versus SPACE democracy.  Young admiral Reinhard von Lohengram and brilliant but lazy strategist Yang Wenli battle to see whose ideology will stand the test of time.  Main show lasts 110 episodes full of political philosophy, occasional battles, and too many awesome characters to remember.  Their names will helpfully appear if they haven't ever been on screen for three consecutive episodes, spent some time off-camera, or just when the producers felt like putting it there.  Even minor character who never show up again have a name, but you REALLY need to keep an eye on anyone whose middle name shows up.  One reason to watch this show is the music design, which was micro-managed to line up perfectly with the action.  This wasn't sound-engineered, it was choreographed.

Aside from the main show, there are two movies (one which does not exist in the same continuity, another which was released prior to and explains the events leading up to episode 1 of the show), two ~30-episode side-series, and a musical.

Originally, the episodes were funded by fans of the novels, who would get a VHS with an episode on it each time they had the money to produce them.  The show enjoyed enough popularity in Japan that it was released on Blu-Ray when the format was not yet standard, and so such re-releases for older series unusual.  The books are finally coming out in English (first one came out last Tuesday), and while the show has been licensed in France for years, only now is it being brought to the United States.  Fortunately, for those of us who do not understand moonspeak or French, there's a great fansub project which was finally completed in 2011 after over half a decade's hard labor.

There's a reboot in the works, set to come out in Q1 or 2 of 2017.  No news aside from a small sitelaunched about a year and a half ago, but we're all holding our breath, hoping it's at least half as good as the original.

If you're ready to lay your heart down upon the sea of the stars:

It's hard to get clips without spoiling things, but then again the narrator does that very well without my help.

positive stress

• Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
^I'm finally getting around to watching Stardust Crusaders now. I waited forever since I didn't want to put up with the TV censoring, then I sort of forgot to check if the blu-rays were out. But so far, the beginning episodes are worse than the first two arcs but the episode with Forever and his boat totally redeems it.
Spooks, March 13, 2016, 02:36:03 pm

I didn't love Stardust Crusaders initially because the bar was set SO high but looking back on it there are some really great moments. The last couple episodes are fucking amazing

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
Stardust starts off rough because Araki was figuring out how to work with stands and experimenting with the battle-a-week format, but gets way better as it goes. Diamond is Unbreakable is great from the get-go since there's no experimental phase, and since there's no grand adventure they can do more stuff like the Italian Restaurant, gaming the lottery, gambling with an alien, meet a famous writer and play rock paper scissors