Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:33:42 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: So, Ballpit, what did we learn today?  (Read 42517 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #75
The creator of Scrooge McDuck was called Carl Barks

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #76
In 1948, Carl Barks’s domestic life was a mess. His second wife Clara was drinking hard, coming apart at the seams. By his account, she was increasingly violent, tearing up his comics and throwing his original artwork out the window, threatening to rip it up. In 1950 she developed cancer and surgery left her leg amputated at the knee. Barks built her a prosthesis. Having no insurance, he paid the medical bills out of the page rate he was receiving from Western Publishing for his duck comics. The alimony he would pay to her for thirteen years after their divorce the following year too.

These comics were the best of his career. Work was an escape for him: “When the dishes would stop flying, the bottles breaking, why, I could sit down and the ideas would just flow in on me,” he recalled in 1973. And indeed, his work of c. 1948–54 ranks amongst the most consistently inspired, inventive, touching, and plain fun in the history of comics.

From the opening paragraphs of this overly long review with 174 comments each as long as it. (I read almost none of either the first time I chanced upon it, several months back, and I don't plan on it now.)

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #77
In Japan, it's often easier/cheaper to buy the NA/EU release of a music CD, even with international shipping, so when CDs are released in Japan, they often come with extra tracks not available in other regions to make buying the CD more appealing to Japanese music fans.

This is why music sharing sites like the JP releases of albums when available, because they'll come with bonus/demo tracks.
Sauce RoeCocoa

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #78
A Meat xX_sp00ks_Xx Great Joe Salubrious Rex

Sauce

• Common-gender prole
  • Paid
  • Screw it, I'll go with they/them
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #79
Never trust a landlord when they say a problem has been fixed.
xX_sp00ks_Xx Great Joe Macho Masc Sangy Savage chai tea latte Ashto Salubrious Rex jim and the mammograms Dr. Buttplug A Meat SHAMBA~1.SBB RoeCocoa

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #80
Salubrious Rex Great Joe Sauce SHAMBA~1.SBB

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #81
https://twitter.com/EEMemez/status/1432464513102749696

I've learned this isn't a shitpost, it's real.
Spooks, August 30, 2021, 06:07:25 pm

You have no idea how much I wanted the RA3 Soviet March to begin playing when I opened that website.

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #82
I learned that there's a variant of Tarot deck called the Bourgeois Tarot that has 21 trump cards rather than 22 and they're all relatively mundane subjects like times of day and seasons rather than stuff like a chariot or justice or whatever

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #83
I learned that if I rearrange my home screen on my phone, it cures me of my nervous icon-tapping within like 48 hours. Big ups can't believe it was this easy
Great Joe Salubrious Rex Dr. Buttplug

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #84
I learned that if I rearrange my home screen on my phone, it cures me of my nervous icon-tapping within like 48 hours. Big ups can't believe it was this easy
chai tea latte, August 31, 2021, 02:43:27 pm
i learned that I've accidentally Zeno's Paradox'd my new tapping impulse. It's half as strong for half the icons. No way out but forward
Macho Masc Sangy Savage Salubrious Rex A Meat

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #85
There's a racehorse called Haru Urara who lost all 113 of her races, and people used her losing bet tickets as anti-traffic accident charms because the word that means losing a bet in Japanese is also to avoid getting hit (by a car presumably)
xX_sp00ks_Xx Salubrious Rex Great Joe Dr. Buttplug GirlKisser420

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #86
goatse is an acronym

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #87
goatse is an acronym
Seth "Slimy" Rollins, September 07, 2021, 12:49:33 am
?
The original URL was goatse.cz. Half the joke was that whoever you tricked was clicking through to a website supposedly about goat sex.
chai tea latte A Meat Frank West

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #88
goatse is an acronym
?
The original URL was goatse.cz. Half the joke was that whoever you tricked was clicking through to a website supposedly about goat sex.
Great Joe, September 07, 2021, 03:06:16 am

I took this from the book It Came From Something Awful which is a thoroughly depressing read, and upon further looking into it that fact comes from an urban dictionary definition so I doubt it's authenticity. sorry for spreading false information.

for the record, it apparently stands for guy opens (his) ass to show everyone

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #89
goatse is an acronym
?
The original URL was goatse.cz.
Great Joe, September 07, 2021, 03:06:16 am

*goatse.cx