Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:03:12 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: So, Ballpit, what did we learn today?  (Read 42529 times)

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #90
Today I learned that "consecrated virgins" are a thing, if you want to be married to Jesus but not do the whole nun thing? It came up next to "godspousery," so this might actually be the Catholic equivalent of getting married to Loki??

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #91
I learned my landlord has 14 days to make a repair from the date of written notice.
Salubrious Rex A Meat Blandest chai tea latte Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa Sauce

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #92
goatse is an acronym
Seth "Slimy" Rollins, September 07, 2021, 12:49:33 am
?
The original URL was goatse.cz.
Great Joe, September 07, 2021, 03:06:16 am

*goatse.cx
Emperor Jack Chick, September 07, 2021, 11:11:15 am
Somehow I thought that was the one they moved onto but yeah, you're right.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #93
goatse is an acronym
Seth "Slimy" Rollins, September 07, 2021, 12:49:33 am
?
The original URL was goatse.cz.
Great Joe, September 07, 2021, 03:06:16 am

*goatse.cx
Emperor Jack Chick, September 07, 2021, 11:11:15 am
Somehow I thought that was the one they moved onto but yeah, you're right.
Great Joe, September 08, 2021, 02:44:21 pm

You come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married and you ask me to do murder question my knowledge of gaping assholes.
chai tea latte Macho Masc Sangy Savage Salubrious Rex A Meat Great Joe Dr. Buttplug xX_sp00ks_Xx

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #94
I learned that I've met some of the best people I could ever know through this community.
A Meat Emperor Jack Chick chai tea latte Macho Masc Sangy Savage jim and the mammograms Great Joe Salubrious Rex Lemon Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #95
I learned that I've met some of the best people I could ever know through this community.
Shell Game, September 15, 2021, 02:08:05 am

god, same
Shell Game Great Joe Salubrious Rex RoeCocoa

Great Joe

• Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #96
In Norway, you can just go and name your kid "Wenche".
Shell Game xX_sp00ks_Xx A Meat Salubrious Rex

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #97
Today I learned that "consecrated virgins" are a thing, if you want to be married to Jesus but not do the whole nun thing? It came up next to "godspousery," so this might actually be the Catholic equivalent of getting married to Loki??
Antivehicular, September 07, 2021, 05:14:07 pm
as a sequel to this, I learned that Holy Unmercenary is an epithet a saint could get for treating the sick free of charge. One of them was someone called Sampson the Hospitable, which is a very good moniker, especially if like him you actually run a hospital.

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #98
Rodent taxonomy is confusing, as far as I can tell:
Most typical mice and rats belong to the family Muridae in the order Rodentia, specifically in the suborder Myomorpha(mouse-shaped). The other suborders of Rodentia are Sciurimorpha(squirrel-shaped), Castorimorpha(beaver-shaped) and Hystricomorpha(porcupine-shaped).

The problem is that rodents don't actually have names that fit their category, so you have for example:
- dormice and mountain beavers who are squirrel-shaped, but not spiny or pygmy dormice, those are mouse-shaped
- kangaroo rats/mice who are beaver-shaped
- rock rat is a name for like 6 different species, of which half are porcupine-shaped. Rock mice are mouse-shaped though
- moonrats are related to hedgehogs, who aren't rodents
- all mole-rats are porcupine-shaped, but naked mole-rats are part of a different family than all the other mole-rats, moles aren't related to them, but they are in the same order as hedgehogs
- similar deal with chinchillas and chinchilla rats, both porcupine-shaped, but different families.
- shrews aren't related, they're related to hedgehogs, but treeshrews are a sister order to the one containing lagomorphs and rodents
- bats? not related to any of the above, they're a sister clade to Eulipotyphla, who are the hedgehogs and moles and shrews I mentioned
- tenrecs, elephant shrews and golden moles aren't part of that group, they're related to elephants
Macho Masc Sangy Savage chai tea latte Salubrious Rex

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #99
Less of a family tree and more a family spirograph
Dr. Buttplug A Meat Salubrious Rex

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #100
I learned that Santiago Ramón y Cajal, one of the pioneers of neuroscience, artist whose sketches of the nervous system are still used in biology courses around the world and Nobel prize winner, also wrote a collection of five science fiction stories called Vacation Stories

edit: he wrote them under the pseudonym Dr. Bacteria, I feel like this is an important fact
Salubrious Rex Antivehicular
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 03:49:55 am by A Meat »

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #101
The theme music to Iron Chef is called Show me your fire truck, composed by Hans Zimmer for the film Backdraft.
chai tea latte Great Joe Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa

Wolley74

• Paid
  • Is not a paths duck
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #102
I learned when 3D printing at weird angles due to print bed size constraints, always make sure that everything has supports :(
Great Joe chai tea latte

Great Joe

• Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #103
I learned when 3D printing at weird angles due to print bed size constraints, always make sure that everything has supports :(
Wolley74, October 12, 2021, 05:26:24 am
Congrats on getting a resin printer.

Wolley74

• Paid
  • Is not a paths duck
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #104
Congrats on getting a resin printer.
Great Joe, October 12, 2021, 07:13:48 am

Unfortunately was standard FDM, just the thing I was trying to print wouldn't fit on the round bed it uses. would fit only on its side but the supports trashed the surface finish, going to borrow a friend's Ender 5 Plus and give that a shot, Cura says it'll fit no problems in the correct orientation so that should help out a lot.
Great Joe