Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:35:00 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: I made my neural network work  (Read 3411 times)

A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

• fact-lord
  • Paid
  • I was in first place, you whore!
I made my neural network work
It sounds stupid, but I can honestly say that figuring out how neural nets work and making one of my own has kind of been a life-goal, and now I've finally done it.  I have a toy network that achieves 95% classification accuracy (given relatively few epochs) on a very simple non-linear rule.  Yay!  Now I finally feel like I can talk about neural networks and training regimes like I know what I'm talking about! =)

For the longest, longest time -- like months -- it was working, but not well: it was achieving ~75% accuracy on the same simple task.  When I tried common NN libraries under similar circumstances, they were hitting 95%, which seemed more reasonable.  I finally figured out what the problem was: I wasn't using a bias unit, and apparently those libraries were -- I assume anyway, because now that I've added a bias unit, my accuracy jumped to a comparable 95%, which is what I thought it should be.

I would post it, but it's not good code.  I'm just thrilled it works.
chai tea latte Runic Emperor Jack Chick

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
I made my neural network work #1
congrats! i have no idea what any of the above means!
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Lemon xXNinjaKilla4EverXx

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
I made my neural network work #2
Congrats, I don't really know what this means, but I know neural network basically means brain, so I'm going to guess you've created an AI brain, and that sounds rad.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem

A Whirring Bone-White Gleech

• fact-lord
  • Paid
  • I was in first place, you whore!