Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:52:23 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Fractals  (Read 3851 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Fractals
I fuck around in 3d fractal programs occasionally.
I can post the full sized .png files if someone besides me wants to use these as a desktop background, I just don't want to post the full sized images, because they're all 1900 by 1080 and like 4-5 MB each, so here are huge thumbnails of jpg versions I guess

Bodark chai tea latte Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Positronic Yavuz KingKalamari Ashto Liatai Dr. Buttplug Gyro Lemon

A Meat

• Paid
Fractals #1
here's a folder with all 1900x1080 fractals I've done

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B00c6kkAwROuTkx0MVhBT2lYWUk?usp=sharing
Bodark Grassdragon

A Meat

• Paid
Fractals #2
Have another one:

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Fractals #3
These are beautiful. What sort of prerequisite knowledge is needed to make some of this stuff happen? I already know some OpenGL but I doubt I've got the math training to understand the formulas here.

A Meat

• Paid
Fractals #4
These are beautiful. What sort of prerequisite knowledge is needed to make some of this stuff happen? I already know some OpenGL but I doubt I've got the math training to understand the formulas here.
Gyro, October 19, 2016, 04:27:38 pm
My math training is virtually nonexistent when it comes down to this, I took a course that's a lower level than Linear Algebra 101, and can't code my way out of a paper bag. I do try and understand some of the formulas behind some of the stuff I made, but more times than not I just give up and fiddle with variables either in an attempt to understand, or just to see what happens. If you want to be one of the people who write the formulas I bash together like action figures, then you might need some real linear algebra to understand how to map transformations of functions in 4 dimensional space to 3 dimensional space or whatever some of these formulas actually calculate

The program I use is Mandelbulb 3D and it's fairly easy to use and there are tutorials available, you might need a GPU to render these, but if you can play PC games of any sort on your PC then you're probably fine.
Gyro