Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:19:49 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Ephemera - short stories that could've only happened online.  (Read 31526 times)

Achilles' Heelies

• Ridiculist
  • Intelligent Doggie Tracking System
hey there, listeners. Ghosts in the machine? It seems early to come up with a demonym.

Do you have a favourite episode of the show? If so, why? I'm talking to my old radio station and might hand them a couple episodes to play in any gaps they really need CanCon for. I'm thinking "just like lost but everyone is Hurley", the EVE online one, and then probably the emojigeddon and swatting ones.

More approachable to less 'online' types than you or I is good. Any suggestions?
chai tea latte, July 08, 2019, 11:13:43 am

"Just like lost but everyone is Hurley" is a good choice because I think it is easy to understand, and inherently funny. That is probably my favorite episode, just ahead of the Eve Online episode. I think cockygate would work as well because the average person should be able to understand copyright disputes.

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
hey there, listeners. Ghosts in the machine? It seems early to come up with a demonym.

Do you have a favourite episode of the show? If so, why? I'm talking to my old radio station and might hand them a couple episodes to play in any gaps they really need CanCon for. I'm thinking "just like lost but everyone is Hurley", the EVE online one, and then probably the emojigeddon and swatting ones.

More approachable to less 'online' types than you or I is good. Any suggestions?
chai tea latte, July 08, 2019, 11:13:43 am
Honestly I think The Well, though entirely about internet community, is more about the human element, which is highly relatable.

ETA: Is Splinternet being considered as well? Because the one on China's internet security is VERY good.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:06:33 pm by Shell Game »

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
E14: i felt i should just go to japan and die there.

SPLINTERNET is delayed until mid-August (i'm not kidding, two a year is almost too many), so I dug deep into my show ideas archive and pulled out a real doozy; I won't spoil it too much but obviously the title (a direct quote from my research, like many of Ephemera's titles) gives away some of the story, but just who "i" is, and why he wants to die in Japan, are kind of a slow burn that I think is audacious in its scope.

NB: incels ahead. you have been forewarned
Shell Game

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
Jesus christ. He's like...Incel Hunter S. Thompson.

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid

SPLINTERNET is delayed until mid-August (i'm not kidding, two a year is almost too many), so I dug deep into my show ideas archive and pulled out a real doozy; I won't spoil it too much but obviously the title (a direct quote from my research, like many of Ephemera's titles) gives away some of the story, but just who "i" is, and why he wants to die in Japan, are kind of a slow burn that I think is audacious in its scope.

chai tea latte, August 02, 2019, 12:02:21 am
Pretty interesting episode.  Until you  mentioned  you posted  pics, I did assume anon was making all that shit up,  but now I  guess I  don't. You did a great job feigning sympathy for this  assclown during the narration.  What's your secret?

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid

chai tea latte, August 02, 2019, 12:02:21 am
Pretty interesting episode.  Until you  mentioned  you posted  pics, I did assume anon was making all that shit up,  but now I  guess I  don't. You did a great job feigning sympathy for this  assclown during the narration.  What's your secret?
ClaraTinSoldier, August 03, 2019, 09:24:59 pm
just kind of a good person
Wrought Shell Game

ClaraTinSoldier

• Professional Cool Guy
  • Paid
Can  you do an episode about the  Jeremy Renner app? 

chai tea latte

• Paid
Can  you do an episode about the  Jeremy Renner app?
ClaraTinSoldier, September 07, 2019, 12:29:02 am
other people are already doing it and I think it's not really in keeping with the archival focus I'm trying for. May I suggest:
Chapo did an interview with my boy Stefan Heck about how he killed the Renner app
Stefan also did a good breakdown on his very good podcast Blocked Party, which I really like, and not just because it's chock full of local Vancouver talk. If you want a more freewheeling discussion I think the chapo one is for you and if you want comedy and a more detailed breakdown I would listen to the most recent blocked party ep, with Guy Branum as the guest.

I'm sure Reply All will do an episode about it in like a month once they hear about it, too

chai tea latte

• Paid
Ps Splinternet this weekend and the regular ephemera by the end of the month. The next regular episode is about graveyards and mourning!

chai tea latte

• Paid
It's finally here! It's finally here! Click the image below to listen in your browser, or refresh the feed wherever you get your podcasts.

I'd love to hear any and all of y'all's feedback. xoxo chai
Shell Game Macho Masc Sangy Savage

chai tea latte

• Paid
E15: A million dead people isn't cool. You know what's cool?

This one is about death and social media. I think it's a really interesting and distinct look at a universal experience, which is where I'm happiest for ephemera to exist. Please let me know what you think!
moooo566 (taylor's version) Achilles' Heelies RoeCocoa GirlKisser420 Shell Game

chai tea latte

• Paid
Scott Malcomson, author of the book Splinternet, from which I've taken the name of my series, reached out to me to do an interview about an update (of sorts) he's writing of the book.

Feels good, man!

Devoted SPLINTERNET listeners: is there anything you'd particularly like me to ask him?
Shell Game GirlKisser420 Boots Raingear Salubrious Rex

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
Scott Malcomson, author of the book Splinternet, from which I've taken the name of my series, reached out to me to do an interview about an update (of sorts) he's writing of the book.

Feels good, man!

Devoted SPLINTERNET listeners: is there anything you'd particularly like me to ask him?
chai tea latte, October 23, 2019, 02:59:07 pm
Chai that's awesome! I wish i were literate enough in the topic to compose a question.

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
how do you get mew in pokemon red
chai tea latte Salubrious Rex

chai tea latte

• Paid
16: I FEEL SO LONELY // WE LIVE IN PUBLIC

I'm pretty happy with this one, and the one I'm putting out just before Christmas (this was properly to be November's episode but Events Conspired to Prevent That) I think is going to be my new favourite and suggested intro episode.

But I'll post about that later. This time, I look at the VERY FIRST CAMGIRL EVER, what she meant to the Internet, and what I think Twitch style 'lifestreaming' does to the human brain (mostly very bad things).
Shell Game Achilles' Heelies