Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:06:20 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: New RSS syntax. testing/feedback welcome  (Read 4920 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
New RSS syntax. testing/feedback welcome
I once again rewrote how the F Plus RSS is populated (except this time I didn't fuck it up and cause everybody to download the same episodes twice) but I wanted to make the data a little bit more rich and show more information on the episode itself. The results are immediately obvious if you look at the feed, but I want to know how it looks in your podcatcher of choice.

So if you would, please pull up the feed in whatever you use to listen to The F Plus, and see how the show notes look. Let me know if anything seems terrible.

Also, while we're at it, if you want to suggest changes/additions to how the information is displayed (for example, I just changed the iTunes subtitle to display the site being read instead of the readers, as I felt that was more pertinent) let me know. But before you ask, I don't want to link directly to the featured sites. thefpl.us always displays the links as plain text, and that was a conscious choice.

Anyway, let me know what you find/think. Screenshots appreciated.

(It's possible you might need to wait on this too, I just pushed the changes now, so the podcatchers might take a bit to pull in the new data)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
New RSS syntax. testing/feedback welcome #1
The line that says what sites the episodes are about seems to be incorrect for most of the episodes.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
New RSS syntax. testing/feedback welcome #2
Whoops!

Made a syntax error with single-site episodes. Fixed.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
New RSS syntax. testing/feedback welcome #3
ARGH.

thefpl.us just went https-only, and I'm just learning that this could have upset the <guid> value, meaning that some podcatchers could see duplicates. I know this happened in Podcast Addict, not sure about anything else. I know PocketCasts is handling everything normally.

Anyway, if the app you're using fed in duplicates... sorry.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
New RSS syntax. testing/feedback welcome #4
Yeah, I think that has happened.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
New RSS syntax. testing/feedback welcome #5
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Dawnswalker

• Paid
New RSS syntax. testing/feedback welcome #6
Yep, I use the Podcasts app on iOS and this morning, I got doubles of every episode from the last 6 months or so.

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
New RSS syntax. testing/feedback welcome #7
Ditto! It's not a huge deal, hopefully -- I bet I can fix the data manually. There is not an obvious difference between the two versions I have of each episode.