Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:30:42 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: The most Canadian place in London, apparently  (Read 15542 times)

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit
The most Canadian place in London, apparently

I walked past this place during my lunch break. It's supposed to be a Canadian bar, but when I went in it was exactly like an English one, except that they also served poutine. Somehow I feel like not a lot of effort went into this.

Also: Happy Thanksgiving.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
The most Canadian place in London, apparently #1

I walked past this place during my lunch break. It's supposed to be a Canadian bar, but when I went in it was exactly like an English one, except that they also served poutine. Somehow I feel like not a lot of effort went into this.

Caroline, October 13, 2014, 04:04:02 pm
Any place that serves poutine is doing the lords work. Unless their poutine sucks obviously.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
The most Canadian place in London, apparently #2
If they say "yous guys" and offer 8 differently named but otherwise identical lagers on tap, then you're practically in Canada there.
chai tea latte

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
The most Canadian place in London, apparently #3

Any place that serves poutine is doing the lords work. Unless their poutine sucks obviously.
AgentSpoop, October 13, 2014, 04:14:04 pm

Yeah I assume it has hand-cut fries with a 3-cheese mixture including gruyere, brie, and mascarpone with marrow gravy on the side as a dipping sauce. Right?

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
The most Canadian place in London, apparently #4

AgentSpoop, October 13, 2014, 04:14:04 pm

Yeah I assume it has hand-cut fries with a 3-cheese mixture including gruyere, brie, and mascarpone with marrow gravy on the side as a dipping sauce. Right?
jack the ripper chick, October 13, 2014, 06:52:04 pm
no, that's So-Can

Caroline

• Paid
The most Canadian place in London, apparently #5
Actually I think that might be the recipe they use for the fancy poutine you can get at Broadway Market.

They like to put a sprig of rosemary on top, which in no way disguises the terrifying mixture beneath.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
The most Canadian place in London, apparently #6
I mean, seriously, for what's just supposed to be cheap-ass frenchy comfort food, this is just absurd.

What next, gourmet hotdo... oh right.

gourmet bangers and mash?

Caroline

• Paid
The most Canadian place in London, apparently #7
I mean, seriously, for what's just supposed to be cheap-ass frenchy comfort food, this is just absurd.

What next, gourmet hotdo... oh right.

gourmet bangers and mash?
Acierocolotl, October 14, 2014, 11:15:53 am

You mean Ivre de genereux Bordeaux, mousseline de pomme de terre avec truffe?

Yeah, that'll cost you £75.

advancedclass

• Paid
The most Canadian place in London, apparently #8
Actually I think that might be the recipe they use for the fancy poutine you can get at Broadway Market.

They like to put a sprig of rosemary on top, which in no way disguises the terrifying mixture beneath.
Caroline, October 14, 2014, 11:12:47 am

That rosemary is just there to offer mocking contrast before your death from cardiac arrest, right? I also would have thought the English didn't need to borrow from Quebec for gravy starchy vegetable-free dishes.

I feel a truly terrible Canadian(TM) bar should have timbits for cocktail garnishes instead of olives or whatever the fuck. Just go all in you guys. Investigate further, Caroline. Maybe everything's secretly laced with maple syrup?

Caroline

• Paid
The most Canadian place in London, apparently #9
Yeah, we do love our potatoes and gravy, though strangely not in chip form.

Also, this is the first time I've ever heard the word 'timbits'.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Just cutting in briefly here to mention that Minneapolis has poutine with Kimchi and pork belly.

I'm going here this weekend

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Just cutting in briefly here to mention that Minneapolis has poutine with Kimchi and pork belly.

I'm going here this weekend
Skelemon, October 15, 2014, 04:15:54 pm
Gochujang and poutine, be still my beating heart. Gotta get me some of that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:08:02 pm by freaky wapiti »

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
I believe the most Canadian place in London is Canada Water

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
"Timbits" are just a commercial name for doughnut holes.  Little 3 cm doughnut balls.  From a doughnut chain called Tim Hortons, named after a hockey player, and a supposedly Canadian institution (though owned by a US chain).

God, I'm starting to type like an old man here.  Get off my damn lawn.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
It's important to know that Timbits are named after a guy named Tim who died in a car crash.
advancedclass