Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:11:40 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: The most Canadian place in London, apparently  (Read 14442 times)

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit
It's important to know that Timbits are named after a guy named Tim who died in a car crash.
Boots Raingear, October 16, 2014, 06:00:26 am

So both tasty and tasteful, then? (Sorry.)

I did actually go to a Tim Hortons once (on my way to Kitchener-Waterloo), but at the time I wasn't on the lookout for Timbits. Oh well.

I believe the most Canadian place in London is Canada Water
Smoking Tengu, October 15, 2014, 05:24:04 pm

I don't know much about Canada Water, except that it has the ugliest library I have ever seen.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Here's a Canadian secret:

Tim Hortons is awful.

edit: Post #420 SMOKE WEED EVERY DAY
Emperor Jack Chick Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:49:43 am by Boots Raingear »

Caroline

• Paid

Tim Hortons is awful.

Boots Raingear, October 16, 2014, 10:48:10 am

I believe you.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
My family loves Tim Hortons. They're pretty limited in the states though and the only ones around are ones that are too far out to bother with unless we're already going on a road trip to that area.

I think what happened is they WERE a canadian chain and then they got bought out by the Wendy's corporation? I've often seen them as combination Tim Hortons/Wendys. I have also usually seen people avoid the Wendys side of the building for the Tim Hortons side.

advancedclass

• Paid

Tim Hortons is awful.

Goddammit, Boots. I'm telling the mounties on you. You are going to be looked at so sternly for spreading national secrets.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump

Tim Hortons is awful.

Goddammit, Boots. I'm telling the mounties on you. You are going to be looked at so sternly for spreading national secrets.
advancedhomeschooling, October 16, 2014, 09:24:04 pm
As someone who gets most of their doughnuts from the gas station, I WANT TO BELIEVE IN THE GLORY OF THE TIMBITS.

Why must you destroy my vision of Canadian glory, Boots.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
As someone who gets most of their doughnuts from the gas station[...]
nigeline, October 17, 2014, 01:32:36 am
This is a travesty. You live in Minneapolis.

advancedclass

• Paid

Tim Hortons is awful.

advancedhomeschooling, October 16, 2014, 09:24:04 pm
As someone who gets most of their doughnuts from the gas station, I WANT TO BELIEVE IN THE GLORY OF THE TIMBITS.

Why must you destroy my vision of Canadian glory, Boots.

Timbits are actually perfectly fine but all other aspects of Tim Hortons are basically awful. Don't worry! There is still some hope from our great land.

... But stop buying gas station doughnuts dude that shit is nasty.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
Skelemon, October 17, 2014, 12:54:58 pm
I LOVE A Baker's Wife and Sarah Jane's, but I am lazy (I don't drive). And sometimes I just want a strange pineapple-filled bismark for less than a dollar.

Is maple candy popular in Canada? It should be, since that shit's deeeeelicious.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
I LOVE A Baker's Wife and Sarah Jane's, but I am lazy (I don't drive). And sometimes I just want a strange pineapple-filled bismark for less than a dollar.

Is maple candy popular in Canada? It should be, since that shit's deeeeelicious.
nigeline, October 17, 2014, 03:27:11 pm
well i mean tourists buy it, and maybe there are a few in those big biscuit tins? i don't think we do this.

it's real sugary-sweet, mostly we just eat kinder surprise eggs (while facing the border & laughing derisively)

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump

well i mean tourists buy it, and maybe there are a few in those big biscuit tins? i don't think we do this.

it's real sugary-sweet, mostly we just eat kinder surprise eggs (while facing the border & laughing derisively)
freaky wapiti, October 17, 2014, 04:36:30 pm
Damn you. I really want to have the potential to kill small children while eating chocolate, you know?

advancedclass

• Paid

Damn you. I really want to have the potential to kill small children while eating chocolate, you know?
nigeline, October 17, 2014, 04:54:16 pm

I have a triceratops with a moving jaw that came from a kinder egg and a fuzzy rhino. Which, yeah, probably beats maple candy. I think with maple stuff, the more processed and the further removed from the tree it gets, the less amazing it is, and a little bit goes a very long way.

... Is this just the general Canada thread now?

(kal-elk, your spooky Halloween name makes me feel like I'm back in my hometown, which is appropriately terrifying)

Caroline

• Paid

Don't you have those in the US?

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell

Caroline, October 17, 2014, 05:23:46 pm

What the hell is that?

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Caroline, October 17, 2014, 05:23:46 pm

Kinder Eggs are banned from the USA because despite being marketed for small children, the toys in them are small enough to be choking hazards. This is commonly misinterpreted as them being banned because Americans are too dumb to not stuff the entire egg in their mouths and choke on the plastic capsule.