Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:12:23 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Collecting things  (Read 11898 times)

Cat Planet

• Autosexual Lithromantic
  • Paid
Collecting things
Since we are all nerds here... does anyone collect stuff? My first girlfriend had a nice Soviet coin collection, and I've recently started amassing cats:

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Collecting things #1
I collect metal shirts!

I have 60 or so!

Cat Planet

• Autosexual Lithromantic
  • Paid
Collecting things #2
Last year at a Watain show, some sperg approached me over my Dissection - Reinkaos tshirt and launced into a monologue how Jon Nodveidt's later beliefs were his and his band's undoing, and how wrong I am for supporting his "destructive cosmology". He was probably on coke or something. That's my metal shirt story for today.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Collecting things #3
Last year at a Watain show, some sperg approached me over my Dissection - Reinkaos tshirt and launced into a monologue how Jon Nodveidt's later beliefs were his and his band's undoing, and how wrong I am for supporting his "destructive cosmology". He was probably on coke or something. That's my metal shirt story for today.
Cat Planet, February 08, 2015, 08:39:24 pm

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. hahahahahahahahahahahahaahh

you totally should have gone on a rant about how Cold Lake was Celtic Frost's only relevant album

a gross spider

• Paid
Collecting things #4

I'm a monster
chai tea latte

Odd

• Paid
Collecting things #5
Awesome necro menagerie, perfectly reasonable explanation for your forum nickname.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Collecting things #6
I have a couple of small and ridiculous collections tucked away here and there. I have a cool rocks/crystals collection from my new age days, a coin collection that's largely someone else's collection I found in a pile of stuff being given away, some assorted little dolls and figures (I have a terrible weakness for tiny dollhouse things and this is the closest I will allow myself to get to this) and a little jar somewhere with some cool dead bugs in it. Other than that it's mostly art supplies and books/comics.

I guess I also collect weird freeware PC games because I've had friends remark about be knowing about a lot of those.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Collecting things #7
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:58:49 am by chai tea latte »

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Collecting things #8
I have a collection of coins, mostly a direct result of my grandparents on both sides just kind of putting all their assorted change from abroad in tins or boxes in case they visit those places again, and then never doing anything with them. As well as a bunch of misplaced old local change they always had stashed away as well.

Honestly, it's more a testament to what countries my grandparents visited more than anything.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Collecting things #9
I have a bunch of pterosaur figures/toys in boxes somewhere in this apartment. At least, I hope they survived anyway. Some time I want to dig them out and put them all on a shelf so they can have a little pterosaur party.

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Collecting things #10
I've mentioned this before, but I collect records (mostly metal) and outdated engineering, physics and chemistry handbooks. I've got about 40 assorted handbooks. I've been trying to get a hold of the full CRC collection. Currently there'r 95 editions out there. But in order to complete that dream I'll need a far larger room. I don't own a camera otherwise I would take a picture of my collection.

Jacked from wiki. They are 8ish pound tomes that feature just about everything to do with chemistry and physics at the time of publishing.

A gross spider has the best corpse collection you can legally have without a permit.  Did you collect the specimens yourself? If so which is your proudest find?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:10:14 am by MISANDRY CANNON »

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Collecting things #11
please tell me you've hidden a flask in one of them

cyclopeantrash

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
Collecting things #12
please tell me you've hidden a flask in one of them
chai tea latte, February 09, 2015, 04:08:59 am

I don't own a flask but I do keep a bottle of rum and some tumblers nested behind my CRC books.

Ike

• Paid
  • these colors keep me awake at night
Collecting things #13
I used to have a bunch of video games but I sold 80% of them. At my max I had something like 220 NES games, a lot of them boxed, some of them pretty damn rare (Duck Tales 2 and Tengen Tetris were the gems of the collection.) I had a whole shit ton of other stuff too, but I don't know if I have any good pictures of them.

I have a small collection of vinyl records going now, but I'm being a lot more judicious in my purchases than I was with games.

Bobalay

• FORUMS MEMBER
  • Paid
  • is made of 50 unbreakable g-strings
Collecting things #14
You know those little plastic rings around soda bottles and water bottles? I've been collecting them in a wastebin for several years and I've got it a good 4/5ths filled up by now.
chai tea latte