Snakes In The Ball Pit > Announcements

thefpl.us v2.2 Redesign

(1/10) > >>

Lemon:
Your thoughts?

Mique:
Is the logo meant to be cut off on the bottom? Because I really, really don't like that.

There's also a lot of empty gray space above the sidebar, and that's kind of unpleasant too.

I'm also not a fan of the font used for the tags. It's kinda cramped.

Okay, I just checked it out on my phone, and it looks a lot better there aside from the background being a little drab, but I'm really not a fan of the desktop version.
I'm using Firefox on Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

A Meat:
I have similar desktop complaints as mique, also on firefox, but Windows 10, like, if the logo was in the top left instead of the large empty gray space it'd be fine by me, I don't mind the font.

the logo in the bottom left gets obstructed in firefox because that's where the hover-over URLs for links appear, so even hovering over the logo causes it to be partially blocked by the website's URL

Ambious:
This is a super fringe usecase nowadays, but there's a lot of wasted space in portrait mode (like in tablets):

LowBatteryLife:
Are the icons at the button left meant to cycle randomly? I didn't like how tiny and missable the ballpit icon was on the old design, and now it only appears on every third refresh of the page. I mean I guess it's a fun game yelling the name of the forums every podcast and then sending people on a scavenger hunt for the link...

Trying to /avoid/ clicking the screen lest I be sucked into a hyperlink is irritating, and the full-panel click area makes almost the entire screen a trap. I'd prefer just the title clickable, or a very obvious button area. Content text, even in a preview, shouldn't be a link.

Other than that, I like the content type tags and the bolded reading: for the short form tiles.

There's my usability notes. Everything else is personal preference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version