Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:22 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Story Roadshow - Another AO thing.  (Read 17142 times)

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing.
I was going to keep this under my hat 'til everything's done and ready, but like Sisyphus' burden this may never happen.

While I'm not being a Ridiculist, or a rock-n-roll bureaucrat, I also do a bi-weekly Internet radio show where I read whatever public domain novels I can find.  Some of them have been surprisingly good, most of them are entertainingly bad.  I read them as straight as I can, so there's no snark on my part if I can help it, and the reading is live as well.

I'm mentioning this now because the next-scheduled reading is for "Master of the Universe" which several of you expressed an interest in.  Does that still move you?  Excellent.

This Sunday, at 22:00 EST (GMT -5), connect your audio client to "http://vps.thisisnotatrueending.com:8000/listen.nsv".  VLC is an ideal program for this, but I imagine you can also use Winamp.  There's also  an IRC chat at vps.thisisnotatrueending.com, port 9999, in the #drama channel.  The IRC is where some of the audience gathers to discuss the reading as it happens, and I will paste in gibberish paragraphs or words for clarification and occasionally react to the audience's questions. 

Hopefully I'll see you there.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:46:37 pm by Acierocolotl »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #1
I will definitely check this out, if I can be bothered to wake up that early. If my dogs want me to hear this I'm there.

Chaz

• is tuning the tiny timpanis
  • Paid
  • I'm being doppelgangstalked
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #2
Aw yeah, gonna check this out :D

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #3
So that was A Thing, and if you stuck with it so far I can say the next reading will likely involve A Contract and... goddamn, people paid money for this?

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #4
SPEAKING OF OTHER PODCASTS:

Well, it's not a podcast, this shit is still live, and this episode has a live studio audience!  Part II of "Master of the Universe", the precursor fanfic of "Fifty Shades of Grey," this Sunday, 22:00 EST.  Connection info in the first post of the thread.

You should totally be there because I won't be posting recordings for some months yet.

PurpleXVI

• Paid
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #5
I'm also looking forward to PACA PLUS.

OrganGrinder

• pregnant semen-genie
  • Paid
  • needs to check his privlege
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #6
Do you have your other readings recorded and archived somewhere for those of us who want to hear some samples?

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #7
Monday morning for me? Ace, I might just be able to make it. Monday is my "get up early" day.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #8
Do you have your other readings recorded and archived somewhere for those of us who want to hear some samples?
OrganGrinder, April 24, 2013, 10:17:37 am

I've diligently recorded most everything, but haven't made any of it available at this point.  It'll eventually happen, I think the world needs to hear some of this--"Destination Saturn" or "The Moon People" spring readily to mind.  But for now, it's live or nothing.  (Though if you can't stand the sound of my voice in a podcast, two hours of it live will drive you batty, I tell you what.)

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #9
RE: This episode just finished.

I don't normally snark this much, but we'd sort of made a drinkin' game out of the reading and I was finding myself annoyed, so what the hell, flippant commentary throughout.  Fuggit.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #10
As a gentle, last minute headsup, this will be the fourth and last reading of "Master of the Universe", with Drinking Game Rules, and possibly also a surprise guest possibly maybe if the stars are aligned correctly.  Same time and place as usual, be there or be the person that even nerds mock.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #11
This is what you missed last night.

Featuring Bunnybread as the surprise guest!

Bunnybread

• You're welcome, genitals of the world.
  • Ridiculist
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #12
I don't think it ever bled into the recording (probably due to Acier's masterful editing) but the echo effect was a sonofabitch.  We couldn't read anything without trying to shout over our 2-second-delayed selves.  It's a good thing that we were trashed or else that might have come off unprofessionally. 

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #13
For a very quick-and-dirty multi-Internet-mic broadcast thing, I'm pleased it worked, and was amused that my on-mic bitchin' about the echos was a theoretical concern for those listening.  I have a few ideas I'd like to try to minimize future echoing, but some of these ideas are going to require advance planning.

OrganGrinder

• pregnant semen-genie
  • Paid
  • needs to check his privlege
Story Roadshow - Another AO thing. #14
i would suggest ways to improve your configuration but i don't want to talk down to you.

but i mean if you want them lemme know