Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:30 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 282: Pounded In The Butt By The Heal Beam  (Read 24813 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Does bring new meaning to "play on a harder difficulty"
┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \), June 11, 2018, 03:09:03 pm

KendrickLobstar Shell Game Captain Nobeard

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
RIP Healslime moniker 2013 - 2018

The name Baldr has been pulled from the overgrown ruins of PoE, and the dust has been blown off it. For a moment, we can almost smell that rust-red and burgundy browser window once more, lingering on the air as though the wind has never quite been strong enough to carry it completely away.
Sherman Tank Lemon SHAMBA~1.SBB Cirr Corn Syrup Boots Raingear Macho Masc Sangy Savage Shell Game One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes A Meat Liatai Positronic John Toast Yavuz Carbon Mix xX_sp00ks_Xx

Baldr

• Paid
I like turtles.
Cirr Wrought Sherman Tank

beelzeboob

• Risen from the tits of hell.
  • Paid
  • call that the boobonic plague

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
Bodark

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Rex Morgan knows about Pretty Cure. Look it up.
now that i think of it, i wonder if I've ever healed one of these people. when i get back into xiv I'll look at the people taking excessive damage differently.
Wrought Liatai

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
now that i think of it, i wonder if I've ever healed one of these people. when i get back into xiv I'll look at the people taking excessive damage differently.
Shell Game, June 13, 2018, 09:26:44 am
If this is the effect this episode is having on people, I feel personally threatened as a dragoon
Liatai

izzy

• Dealer of Illegal Hedgehog Substances
  • Paid
Yeah, that story made my skin crawl for that exact reason. On the other hand, my WHM is a plain old hyur (human) dude, so I suspect I was in less danger of that sort of thing than most.
Wrought Liatai

Shell Game

• Paid
Yeah, that story made my skin crawl for that exact reason. On the other hand, my WHM is a plain old hyur (human) dude, so I suspect I was in less danger of that sort of thing than most.
izzy, June 13, 2018, 09:41:40 am
Lala scholar. :<
Wrought Liatai izzy

Liatai

• Made of tea, science, art, and dragons.
  • Paid
  • Warning: uses far too many smileys.
I used to main WHM with a side of SCH, and my character was a female Miqo'te. I'm surprised I DIDN'T run into this... Though it does put those rushing tanks who refused to slow down, even when asked politely multiple times, in a whole new light.

Then again... maybe it was my character that kept these folks at bay. Ixa is a supportive, but very jaded healer. Experience has taught her that the proper response to folks like that who rush in before checking to see if everyone's ready and knows what they're doing is "hang back and let them die." :B They'll either learn and wait for the group when they respawn, or provide entertainment for the rest of us as we watch them faceplant into the boss over and over again.

I mean really -- bosses don't sneak up on you in FF14's dungeons! It's HARD to pull one by accident. x3;
Shell Game izzy

Shell Game

• Paid
I mean really -- bosses don't sneak up on you in FF14's dungeons! It's HARD to pull one by accident. x3;
Liatai, June 13, 2018, 12:57:09 pm
as 120% correct this statement is, I've still done it. because I'm a space cadet and don't pay attention.

but as for the rush tanks i think they're just impatient. the ones who drag out each encounter JUST long enough to soak up a bunch of damage without setting off the party though? I'm suspicious.

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I BELLOW LOUDLY AS I TYPE THIS.
Liatai, June 13, 2018, 12:57:09 pm
I mean...when I had just gotten MCH to 60 I pulled a few bosses accidentally by right clicking to target them since I wasn't actually used to having a ranged autoattack yet
Also I think what we all REALLY need to watch out for is people who tankswap really really late or otherwise try to tank through damage mechanics

Liatai

• Made of tea, science, art, and dragons.
  • Paid
  • Warning: uses far too many smileys.
Fair enough, though this was a BLM (black mage) player. They don't really have a ranged auto-attack, do they? Unless they were mashing auto-target, auto-cast macros without thinking...

Also fair enough with regards to the space cadet thing.Goodness knows I've accidentally bumbled into my fair share of hazards. x3 I would mention the flying eye guy in Dzemael Darkhold and the giant tonberries in the Wanderer's Palace... but you don't really PULL those like standard bosses, you just try to avoid them until the right moment.

(Acronym translations for the non-FF14 folks -- WHM = white mage, SCH = scholar -- these are both healer classes. MCH = mechanist, a DPS class. Dungeon bosses in the game are fought in arenas, which are very clearly marked via an entrance or bottleneck of some sort. Once someone gets the boss' attention, everyone has around 5-15 seconds to get into the arena, or they're locked out until either the boss or every player in the arena is dead. Which is why standard procedure for healers when someone pulls -- gets the attention of -- the boss before everyone's ready is to hang back and let them get smushed by the boss. That way, only one person dies instead of the whole team, and you can try again faster.)

(Also, Lala = Lalafell, the little person race. Miqo'te = cat people race. Xaela = a black-scaled type of Au Ra, a dragon people race. Now you know. :B)
Shell Game izzy
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:19:15 pm by Liatai »

Carbohydrates

• Paid
Regrettably cancelling my FTL speedrun because I can't find my dildos.
GirlKisser420 . chai tea latte Corn Syrup

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
I used to main PLD in FF14 up until I finished Stormblood, hit 70, and had no stomach for the tryhard endgame community. I never ever did the fuck-y'all-keep-up rush through dungeons I saw other tanks doing.

Sometimes a DPS would complain I wasn't doing leet speedrun stratz, but the healer never complained.
Wrought Liatai Shell Game