Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:49 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me)  (Read 6822 times)

eldritchhat

• Lady of Calamaris
  • Paid
  • Card Carrying Boobgeoisie
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me)
Okay, so I have a very cool class at my high school called Intro to Multimedia, and I've told a few of you about this project over Football Congress.

Anyhow, our final was to create an independent project based off something we love, and as I love the F Plus, I decided to get some friends together and try to make a knockoff.

INTERNET PALOOZA

I just finished editing it today, the last day of school, and I thought it would be appropriate to share this steaming pile of shit with the real thing.

If anyone wants to listen to what a knockoff of the F Plus would sound like, then go right ahead.

(If there is a problem with this for any reason, I can take this down, just inform me)

Also, for Lemon's sake, here is a warning: I'm not kidding when I say this is not great, I do not want to make anyone cringe, just wanted to share this with you guys.
SHAMBA~1.SBB
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:43:24 pm by eldritchhat »

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #1
Hi! Listening to this now.

Just to put it out there, I'm not against this kind of thing at all. I'm glad you like the podcast enough to want to make your own flavor. By all means, carry on.
chai tea latte

eldritchhat

• Lady of Calamaris
  • Paid
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #2

Just to put it out there, I'm not against this kind of thing at all. I'm glad you like the podcast enough to want to make your own flavor. By all means, carry on.
Lemon, May 27, 2016, 01:28:45 pm
Thank you.

What I'm really more worried about is the quality. Only one person had an actual mic, and two people forgot to use headphones, and I can for fucking sure see why you guys never made those mistakes.

At most, I hope that this is a good ego boost for you and everyone else on The F Plus, 'cause I sure as shit put in a lot of work to try and replicate it, and it did not turn out even half as good in the end.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #3

Lemon, May 27, 2016, 01:28:45 pm
Thank you.

What I'm really more worried about is the quality. Only one person had an actual mic, and two people forgot to use headphones, and I can for fucking sure see why you guys never made those mistakes.

At most, I hope that this is a good ego boost for you and everyone else on The F Plus, 'cause I sure as shit put in a lot of work to try and replicate it, and it did not turn out even half as good in the end.
eldritchhat, May 27, 2016, 01:33:56 pm

that's because of our tireless devotion to quality! I worked for MONTHS to find that dumpster to record out of that one time.
Lemon eldritchhat chai tea latte Chupasaurus-Rex

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #4
And that dumpster? Made totally of METAL.
Bodark Nifty Nif eldritchhat Ashto chai tea latte Chupasaurus-Rex JonRG

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #5
eldritchhat, this is absolutely charming!  Thanks for sharing, and good on you for putting yourself out there.
eldritchhat

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #6
that's because of our tireless devotion to quality! I worked for MONTHS to find that dumpster to record out of that one time.

Our tireless devotion to quality is why Boots and Lemon spent years yelling at me about how bad my mic/headset was, recommending a specific model as a replacement, and then after I bought and started using the replacement, spent years yelling at me about how bad my mic/headset is.  Tireless, those two.  Thanks for your commitment to quality, Boots and Lemon! [yay][yay]

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #7
Our tireless devotion to quality is why Boots and Lemon spent years yelling at me about how bad my mic/headset was, recommending a specific model as a replacement, and then after I bought and started using the replacement, spent years yelling at me about how bad my mic/headset is.  Tireless, those two.  Thanks for your commitment to quality, Boots and Lemon! [yay][yay]
Victor Laszlo, May 27, 2016, 08:24:02 pm

And thank you for terrible audio it takes hours to clean, Victor.

eldritchhat

• Lady of Calamaris
  • Paid
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #8
eldritchhat, this is absolutely charming!  Thanks for sharing, and good on you for putting yourself out there.
Nifty Nif, May 27, 2016, 06:07:09 pm
Thanks Nifty.

Re-listening to it, I think it gets much better as it goes on, 'cause we're all kinda getting into the rhythm of something we had never done before. Besides that, only two people, myself and my best friend Monica Fernandez (not her real name, just an alias, and she has never heard of Lou), have listened to the F Plus.

I think, after finishing the edit and having a day away from it, I have enough confidence to say it's on par with the first episode of the F Plus, but even that, I feel, may be my hubris.

Also, I had no idea that the good reads episode would come out right after I posted this, but I guess I was just lucky. You should listen if you wanna hear the other side, and just how dumb the reviewers on there can get.

Ganymede

• Larval Gambino
  • Paid
  • WARNING: IMPLICIT CONTENT
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #9
Is this really the first time The F Minus has actually been performed?  That's genuinely surprising, reading unused doc bits with my friends over Skype was one of the first things I loved about The F Plus as a show, like... three years ago?  This makes me feel like we should record them, especially since everyone has nice mics I badgered them into getting when we all thought we had the free time to record a podcast.

Thanks again for recording this EH, can't wait to give it a listen!

And thank you for terrible audio it takes hours to clean, Victor.
Lemon, May 27, 2016, 08:37:06 pm

It's a little fucked up that this got me nostalgic for audio cleaning.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
I ripped off the F Plus (Don't sue me) #10
Is this really the first time The F Minus has actually been performed? 
Ganymede, May 29, 2016, 01:09:34 pm
Bobalay and I did one on the Qin dynasty (biznasty diznasty) a while ago too which I think is tolerable

https://soundcloud.com/bobby-lay-1/big-dicks-and-bad-assassins
Nifty Nif eldritchhat Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Bodark