Looks like we’re all getting together to run a team! The current world of soccer-team ownership includes gamblers, match fixers, Russian oligarchs, Iranian front-men for Russian oligarchs, self-dealing sports agents, heroin traffickers, ex-Soviet warlords, the UAE, the Saudis, the Qataris,
and Red Sox fans,
so we’re hardly scandalous by comparison.
I know a guy who owes me a favor who knows a guy at a consulting firm who owes him a favor, and they identified seven teams of approximately equal stature (at least according to the FM22 database) that could use new ownership. They are:
F.C. Andorra (Spain)
MKS Cracovia (Poland)
Inverness Caledonian Thistle F.C. (Scotland)
Oxford United F.C. (England)
Palermo F.C. (Italy)
A.E. Rodos (Greece)
Our consultant prepared a slide deck
with a summary of the teams and the challenges involved. Whichever team we pick will get a cash injection of 5,000 Euros per new director.
What I need from you:
1. The name by which you want to be known (if it’s really long, make it shorter);
2. Male or female pronouns;
3. The year of your birth;
4. Your nationality—you get a second nationality if your parent or grandparent was born in that country or if you lived there for at least five years as an adult (note that most dependent territories count as nations);
5. If you speak any languages other than those in your home country;
6. Any real-life teams or players you particularly like or dislike;
7. Three things about you that will make you a good part of this team;
8. One not-so-good thing about you that might make you a less good part of this team;
9. Whether you’d like to work in the coaching office, the scouting office, the medical team, or the front office;
10. Which of the seven teams listed above you think we should take charge of.
I’m happy to answer any questions.
Can you make a player after me? I was a pretty decent midfielder who was easily winded.
Player/Coach/Director didn’t seem to crash the game when I tested it! (Note that if you want to be a player, you don’t have the option of female pronouns—they’re saving that for a future version of the game which includes women’s teams.)
I'll put myself forward as the backroom staff guy responsible for choosing shirt colours
Just you wait…