Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:21:56 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Favourite Voices  (Read 87881 times)

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Favourite Voices #45
I once tried to make a sort of F-Plus bestiary of voices and went back through all the episodes trying to catalogue all of them.  It proved to be too much for me, but I made it about as far as episode 13.  I was surprised to realize that "Quebecois" is the very first inflected voice to show up on the F-Plus in the sneeze-fic.

I noticed also that Jack Chick's regal voice sort of changes over time...I very much seperate the ones he uses in "The Transformers Radio Variety Hour" and "Sex is Personals"... with those two the regal voice is much more deep and booming with more heavilly rolled 'r's.

The later incarnation that shows up (which I especially love in the facebook fight between "Killa thump wicked ninja 'thumper' clown") is almost more of an erudite villiany sort of thing that I like even more.

Lastly, I wanna give a shout-out to the voice Lemon starts using in "Any Cling You Want" during the pet-store robbery scene.  He brings it back a good number of times and it ALWAYS destroys me.

I could go on, but I'm pretty sure you all wanna stab me by now.
agentmonster cockogue, February 09, 2013, 05:42:13 pm

That is because I had pneumonia followed with bronchitis and it fucked up my voice. :(

Alternate theory: differing levels of drunkness.

agentanalogue

• Reagent Provocateur
  • Paid
  • AMACKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Favourite Voices #46
I certainly didn't mean it as a criticism, Jack.  If you can do both those voices as distinct from each other, bronchitis or no, more power to you.  The rolled 'R's are obviously more choice than illness, (though I suppose they could be an alcohal induced choice) and as I said, I think the two voices could be seperate and great.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Favourite Voices #47
I certainly didn't mean it as a criticism, Jack.  If you can do both those voices as distinct from each other, bronchitis or no, more power to you.  The rolled 'R's are obviously more choice than illness, (though I suppose they could be an alcohal induced choice) and as I said, I think the two voices could be seperate and great.
agentmonster cockogue, February 12, 2013, 10:31:53 am

I didn't take it as criticism. I was just trying to explain! Sorry if it came across that way.

Cyberventurer

• Smoke-Free
  • Paid
Favourite Voices #48
Did you ever find your Wisconsin Mom Voice?

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Favourite Voices #49
I think so! It went in the list I made.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
Favourite Voices #50
So many great voices to choose from, but the ones that always kill me are Bunnybread's "Sensual Truffles" voice, Portaxx's "DRAAAAAGONS", Jack Chick's anime voice and anytime someone does an angry German accent.

Lady Naga

• I died a little just now, it was wonderful.
  • Paid
  • Je M'amuse.
Favourite Voices #51
Recently I revisited We Don't Not Need No Uneducation and BunnyBread's reading of "hey you wanna read this book on spiders?" fucking slayed me.

agentanalogue

• Reagent Provocateur
  • Paid
Favourite Voices #52
So many great voices to choose from, but the ones that always kill me are Bunnybread's "Sensual Truffles" voice, Portaxx's "DRAAAAAGONS", Jack Chick's anime voice and anytime someone does an angry German accent.
allechenko, February 12, 2013, 08:06:23 pm

What really makes the Truffles one for me is John's Hype-manning off to the side, "I like that too!" as an afterthought.  I can listen to that whole episode just to get to that line.

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Favourite Voices #53
You guys are seriously confusing who's doing what voices. Jimmyfranks did the "you wanna read this book on spiders?" line and Toast is the one who kept making weird side comments for the truffles recipe.

GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE!

(j/k I still love you all)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Favourite Voices #54
Look, if you (the person reading this) ever can't remember who did a certain voice, please have "Isfahan" as the default setting. Thank you.

agentanalogue

• Reagent Provocateur
  • Paid
Favourite Voices #55
You guys are seriously confusing who's doing what voices. Jimmyfranks did the "you wanna read this book on spiders?" line and Toast is the one who kept making weird side comments for the truffles recipe.

GET IT TOGETHER PEOPLE!

(j/k I still love you all)
portaxx, February 13, 2013, 01:00:27 am

If John and Toast are separate people, I have some SERIOUS re-listening to do to sort that one out.

Lady Naga

• I died a little just now, it was wonderful.
  • Paid
  • Je M'amuse.
Favourite Voices #56
Pshaw deep-voiced men all sound the same.

HARRUMPH

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Favourite Voices #57
I almost forgot one of my absolute favorites: Isfahan's Doc Brown impression.

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
Favourite Voices #58
Oh yeah, he does a great Doc Brown.  Also, I'm a big fan of Lemon and Toast's old timey announcer voices.

Psammetichus

• ᕕ(⊙ω⊙)ᕗ
  • Paid
  • O damn'd Sonic! O inhuman hog!
Favourite Voices #59
I almost forgot one of my absolute favorites: Isfahan's Doc Brown impression.
KingKalamari, February 13, 2013, 07:22:31 pm

And while we're talking about Isfahan and pop culture, I love his Solid Snake-esque voice, if it hasn't already been mentioned.