Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:14 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: What's up with your username?  (Read 127384 times)

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
What's up with your username? #105
It's not actually a real song, but there's a very silly rap song called the Super Bowl Shuffle that the Chicago Bears performed that does exist. I couldn't resist playing off of that.

Ambious

What's up with your username? #106
I just really love Catch 22, and a few of the quotes rang with how I was feeling when I made my exodus from the chat room of evil.

"That crazy bastard."
"He's not so crazy," Dunbar said. "He swears he's not going to fly to Bologna."
"That's just what I mean," Dr. Stubbs answered. "That crazy bastard may be the only sane one left."

As far back as Yossarian could recall, he explained to Clevinger with a patient smile, somebody was always hatching a plot to kill him. There were people who cared for him and people who didn't, and those who didn't hated him and were out to get him. They hated him because he was Assyrian. But they couldn't touch him, he told Clevinger, because he was Tarzan, Mandrake, Flash Gordon. He was Bill Shakespeare. He was Cain, Ulysses, the Flying Dutchman; he was Lot in Sodom, Deirdre of the Sorrows, Sweeney in the nightingales among trees. He was miracle ingredient Z-247. He was –
"Crazy!" Clevinger interrupted, shrieking. "That's what you are! Crazy!"

I also used Clevinger briefly but that's not nearly as fun to have people mangle or scream in rage over voice chat when I play The Hidden

As always occurred when he quarreled over principles in which he believed passionately, he would end up gasping furiously for air and blinking back bitter tears of conviction. There were many principles in which Clevinger believed passionately. He was crazy.

Mainly because a lot of people in that group though I was crazy for not wanting to do all the stereotypical furry junk, so I decided that I must be crazy and my username should reflect it. Needless to say no one in that group caught the reference.
Yossarian, April 09, 2013, 01:02:17 pm

Appropriately enough, I read it while in basic training in the military. My favorite part is the scene where the Colonel debates the Chaplin about the validity of Atheism ("isn't that illegal?") and whether officers and enlisted men prayed to the same god ("they do" - "AND HE LISTENS?").

IceTwister

• Paid
What's up with your username? #107
I was at my folks house about to register for another site and wanted to come up with a new name.  I was stumped until my dad asked me if I wanted to watch the next movie that was coming on on SyFy.  He said it was about so tornado made of ice.  I said that sounds really dumb... as I was typing IceTwister in the name box.

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
What's up with your username? #108
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:18:44 pm by fruithag »

I, EmmaGhost

• Paid
What's up with your username? #109
It was one of those teasing names that kids gave me in school. I fell off some playground equipment and ripped a huge hole in my pants, so kids started calling me "Briana bird."

I did what any normal person does and made it my username (?)

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
What's up with your username? #110
a friend of mine made a shitty ms paint drawing with fifty cent's face in the middle that said "OFFICIAL FIFTY CENT SEAL OF IN DA CLUB" (i'll probably set it as my icon but who knows, i'm a loose fuckin kannon) and i thought it was funny so i made it my steam icon and changed my username to fifty cents. the idea of "50 cent" being a rapper's name is really funny to me since it's such a small amount of money. at this point, fifty cents probably doesn't even register as an amount of money to 50 cent. he's probably taken larger amounts of money than that and thrown it in the garbage or eaten it or whatever rich rappers do with their money

(also i finally got paid and had $10 to spend, hello everyone)
fifty cents, October 01, 2014, 08:38:22 pm
That icon is a work of art.

Slayer of Yaks

• Provides Unjustified Rage Against Yaks
  • Paid
  • Can't Drink in the Drunk Zone
What's up with your username? #111
I am a tiny, severely underweight female, therefore the thing I should be most capable of taking out in hand-to-hand combat is yaks. Clearly. Have you seen those things? They're ferocious. I can clearly murder the crap out of them. With my hands. I slay them left and right.

Mostly the username stemmed from my friends and I talking about whether we'd survive bear attacks and such. My friend Ken told me I could totally take on a yak. So I made it my Xbox Live name and have used it for literally everything else since. The End.

Muffinator

• Paid
What's up with your username? #112
Well, now I know where that username comes from.

Horrible news inside this link.
Four women were doused with acid earlier this month in Isfahan, spreading terror and provoking protests.
My first reaction was "hey I know a guy who uses that name on the internet!"

My second reaction was to feel like a total asshole about thinking that.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
What's up with your username? #113
Well, now I know where that username comes from.

Horrible news inside this link.
Four women were doused with acid earlier this month in Isfahan, spreading terror and provoking protests.
My first reaction was "hey I know a guy who uses that name on the internet!"

My second reaction was to feel like a total asshole about thinking that.
Muffinator, October 27, 2014, 09:32:31 am

You know that the mosque at Isfahan is a masterpiece of Islamic art right

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
What's up with your username? #114
Isn't Isfahan also the angel of music?

more like Isfahandsome am i right

Bobalay

• FORUMS MEMBER
  • Paid
  • is made of 50 unbreakable g-strings
What's up with your username? #115
Mine's a dumb fighting game joke. All the characters in Mortal Kombat speak in vague East Asian-sounding gibberish. Raiden shouts "bobalaaaay!" for one of his moves and it cracks me up every time. The rest, as they say, is history.

chases parked cars

• licensed furaffinity inspector
  • Paid
  • Can I interest you in a $3 warranty?
What's up with your username? #116
because majestic-ass names like "dances with wolves" are boring

Rust

• Ouroboros
  • Paid
  • Happy little accidents
What's up with your username? #117
I played a spooky game called .flow. The main characters cancer personified alternate-persona-demon-thing is called Rust and I rolled with that. Maybe it's a bit edgy, but I like it.

And as far as I know, I'm not the Rust that was mentioned in some F Plus episode ages ago. This is a fairly new username to me.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
What's up with your username? #118
I played a spooky game called .flow. The main characters cancer personified alternate-persona-demon-thing is called Rust and I rolled with that. Maybe it's a bit edgy, but I like it.

And as far as I know, I'm not the Rust that was mentioned in some F Plus episode ages ago. This is a fairly new username to me.
Rust, November 04, 2014, 08:10:11 am

I thought a trombone would be involved.
iliketopoopinturkeysforappreciativereasons, November 04, 2014, 09:31:30 am
Or a detective partnership with Woody Harrelson.

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
What's up with your username? #119
It's the name of the "Byzantine depiction of The Devil" in Frank Zappa's last(?) screenplay.

I was really in to Zappa back when I first discovered PoE in the late 90s and I've been stuck with it on PoE diaspora sites ever since, because I can't give up my accumulated mad internet cred.