Snakes In The Ball Pit > Announcements

[Volunteers Wanted] Podcast Chaptering

(1/5) > >>

Lemon:
Hi there!

I dunno if you're aware, but there is the ability add chapters to podcasts. I first noticed this in ShopTalk, and support for the thing is getting wider. If we had enough episodes with chapters in them, I'd be interested in changing thefpl.us' own interface in order to support it.

But that means having someone do the manual entry of marking those chapters. So I thought I'd ask for volunteers to see if anyone is interested.

If you have a Mac there's two options that look really good. Forecast by the Overcast team, and Chapters by this Swedish guy. Both look nice. If you felt like playing with one of them and sending me the results I would very much appreciate it.

If you don't have a Mac the options are much more shitty. The only thing I've found is something called Podreel, which costs $25, looks ugly (I genuinely don't know if it supports Windows 10) and the third question in the FAQ is "What is podcast?" If you can find something better, hooooray that would be great. If you want to try to suffer through Podreel let me know.

No matter what if you're interested, let me know. Thank you.

ikaribattousai:
I am interested and I have a Mac. What are you looking for in terms of how chapters would be laid out?

Lemon:
I am interested and I have a Mac. What are you looking for in terms of how chapters would be laid out?
ikaribattousai, April 09, 2019, 11:52:29 am
--- End quote ---

I think download the episode of your choice and break it into whatever sections make sense for that episode. I'm guessing the actual breakdown of chapters will change episode to episode, but just mark up every natural break?

EYE OF ZA:
One episode's got some already!

Lemon:
Used that one as example for a test, worked out really well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version