Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

So How About That Superbowl?!?!

(1/7) > >>

Bunnybread:
Okay nerds!  I like sports and you probably don't but I wanted to involve you in one of the most overblown, mega-violent, ultra-capitalist spectacles that America has ever known.

I made the poll and tried to anticipate the most frequent answers but you can comment and talk about whatever party you're attending and how drunk you are/will be or what food you're eating.... or maybe even  GASP  talk football!

Fuckin' vote or I'm gonna slap that D&D manual out of your hands in front of that girl you like.

Bunnybread:
Oh yeah, I should let everyone know what I'll be doing for the big day. 
I'll be chasing down Frank Gore in the backfield and hoping to disrupt the passing attack of the 49ers.
Look for me!  I'm the linebacker wearing #51 and staring down Chris Culliver from across the field.

Also, regarding the D&D manual-slapping, it's assumed that the girl you like is Portaxx and she loves that nerd shit.  I'm not a bully.  I'm actually playing matchmaker.  You can thank me later.

Isfahan:
I like how, for this year, all of the who-do-you-think-will-win-the-Super-Bowl polls out there on the Internet can also double as an indicator of the ratio of site visitors from the east and west coasts.

Also, I live in Maryland, so go Ravens I guess. I won't be watching. Instead I'll find out the results later and shrug. I will either say "oh cool" or "that's a shame."

I've been to Super-Bowl parties before, but it was mostly to eat wings and beer-battered onion rings.

Lemon:
This week I learned that the coaches of the teams are brothers. And one wears a suit and the other one wears casual clothes, so I think the whole "football game" thing is just a mislead, and they're actually just planning out a highly rated pilot of their new show Two Coaches: It's basically an Odd Couple reboot, but with Friday Night Lights influences.

Bunnybread:
Also, I live in Maryland, so go Ravens I guess. I won't be watching. Instead I'll find out the results later and shrug. I will either say "oh cool" or "that's a shame."
Isfahan, February 03, 2013, 02:39:41 pm
--- End quote ---
How close are you to Baltimore?  I'm asking because sports fans are extra drunk and extra dumb on Superbowl Sunday and that tends to make them a little more riotish about championship games.  You should maybe consider getting a gun for protection.

And, yeah Jim and John Harbaugh would make for a wonderful sitcom.  John is neat and tidy whereas Jim has severe rage issues and kills John in his sleep during the third episode. 

Oh yeah!  Additional sub-poll!  Which superbowl subtitle is more goddamn moronic?  The SuperBaugh or the HarBowl?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version