Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:26:18 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Movies on Youtube  (Read 2579 times)

Mr. Hunky Academia

• MUSCLE HEDONIST
  • Paid
  • The only thing I'm good at is go away
Movies on Youtube
Hey firends

There are a lot of small forgotten movies buried deep within the youtube algorithms. Everything from dumb Hong Kong kung-fu flicks and eastern-european arthouse movies to middle-american social realism and Nollywood insanity. I've started this thread to share some of the better ones I've found and I hope you'll share some recommendations as well!

God Told Me To (1976)

Part crime drama, part religious thriller as a cop has to investigate seemingly random religiously motivated rampages all over New York. To quote a letterboxd reviewer: "It's nearly impossible to really describe the story without spoiling it, because it's so uniquely bizarre you can't help but give too much away."

Viy (1967)

A young priest is ordered to preside over the wake of a neighboring farmers daughter,  and as he spends three nights alone with the corpse he only has his faith to protect him from her dark secret. An old soviet spooker with great suspense and amazing special effects. Well ahead of it's time.

Tokyo Blood(1993)

A collection of 4 short stories of individuals metaphorically trapped in the urban sprawl of Tokyo. Directed by one of my favorite punk directors Gakuryū Ishii.

Dr. Buttplug chai tea latte Spenny

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Movies on Youtube #1
As is probably almost common knowledge at this point, due to errors in filing the original copyright, the original Night of the Living Dead is in the public domain and is thus available for free pretty much everywhere online:

Dr. Buttplug auaurorau

Mr. Hunky Academia

• MUSCLE HEDONIST
  • Paid
  • The only thing I'm good at is go away
Movies on Youtube #2
The 1000 Eyes of Dr. Mabuse (1960)

Last movie the German genius director Fritz Lang (Metropolis, M, The Big Heat). A tight crime thriller about the ominous figure Dr. Mabuse. A marriage of German expressionism and contemporary Hollywood.

The Spook Who Sat by the Door (1973)

A movie that was almost erased from history due to it's depiction of African-American militarism. A black man gains access to CIA training and then uses that knowledge to plot a new American Revolution.
Features an incredibly funky score by none other than Herbie Hancock.

War of the Wizards (1978)

Lord help me I'm back on my kung fu bullshit. It's dumb, it's weird, I LOVE IT. Also features Richard Kiel in between filming his two stints as "Jaws" in The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.

Dr. Buttplug

Tipsy Almond

• Paid
  • Must've blown a fuse, nothin' going on
Movies on Youtube #3
Tales From The Far Side, Volumes 1 and 2. Over an hour of animated insanity based on The Far Side comics.

This qualifies as a film imo. Just look at it! :D :B

Dr. Buttplug RoeCocoa

honey

• Paid
Movies on Youtube #4
Immortal Combat, aka Resort To Kill, is a 1994 film starring Sonny Chiba and Rowdy Roddy Piper as buddy cops battling ninja zombies created by evil CEO Meg Foster. You're welcome.

Dr. Buttplug