Snakes In The Ball Pit > Announcements

The Ignore List

(1/3) > >>

Lemon:
So, this feature has been around since nearly the very beginning of ballp.it, but I just wanted to point it out now, because you might not have known it was there.

THE IGNORE LIST
Let's just say that every time Jack Chick says something about Skeletonwitch, I get super upset. Now, I could just not pay attention to Jack Chick's post, but I think the internet should cater to my whims, and I can't trust that I won't accidentally read Jack Chick saying something about Skeletonwitch, so I just want to hide his posts entirely. Well, I can.

So, I go into my profile and Edit Ignore List, adding Jack Chick and 666skeletonwitch666 to my ignore list, but because that second user doesn't exist, I just end up ignoring Jack Chick.

Now I look at the podcast recommendations and I see there's a post by Jack Chick, but ballp.it has been kind enough to hide his post for me.

Turns out this post doesn't actually mention Skeletonwitch by name, but it does mention that he doesn't listen to the goddamn podcast, so I'm glad I'm not seeing this post.

Lemon:
PS: You'll notice that, in addition to the Ignore List, there's also a buddy list. You can certainly add people to your buddy list, but at the moment, it won't change anything about your ballp.it experience, other than breaking a couple icons I haven't made yet because there's no reason to buddy anybody.

montrith:
But people not being able to ignore me is the only way I can still get anyone to view the horrible things I post!

count_actuala:
I would like to register my pleasure at the thought of Lemon being deeply troubled by any and all mentions of Skeletonwitch.

Isfahan:
It would be faster for me if I could just make a list of people whose posts I do want to see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version