Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:58:26 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 276: im•`prüv yər lek•sə•`kän  (Read 11807 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
as someone who is knowledgeable about the international phonetic alphabet this title makes me furious
krytton, March 06, 2018, 01:02:52 am
I'm pretty sure that's the point of the title, or maybe it's just Lemon's pronunciation
Lemon Boots Raingear

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
as someone who is knowledgeable about the international phonetic alphabet this title makes me furious
krytton, March 06, 2018, 01:02:52 am
I'm pretty sure that's the point of the title, or maybe it's just Lemon's pronunciation
A Meat, March 06, 2018, 01:43:49 am
i've never known lemon to pronounce your as "ooer" but i guess im just unfamiliar with the minnesota dialect

The Prufroquette

• Paid
Well, I guess I really love you guys, because yesterday in my journey listening to the podcast from beginning to present I finished up the (first? I have no more innocence left with which to hope it's the only) adult baby episode and was somehow still able to feel joy when I noticed you had just put up a new episode.

And what an episode. I learned words and definitions for concepts that never needed them. Thank you Internet for being the petri dish of the human imagination.
Lemon A Meat SHAMBA~1.SBB Sherman Tank sambair Corn Syrup Positronic bubbleuj Ragnarok Boobies

SHAMBA~1.SBB

• I love dungs!!
  • Paid
  • ƨtupid cat
as someone who is knowledgeable about the international phonetic alphabet this title makes me furiouskrytton, March 06, 2018, 01:02:52 am
It's not in IPA, just basic dictionary-style orthography.  I bet Lemon copied and pasted it from a dictionary site.

Meant to quote, not bulb; squirrely touchpad.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:15:23 am by Sham bam bamina! »

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
No joke, last semester I had to read some article in a research journal about Urban Dictionary. They did some big monster cockysis that compared it to similar crowd-sourced dictionaries like Wiktionary.
Darkly, March 06, 2018, 10:14:57 am

Immediately after reading this post I rushed to UrbanDictionary to create an entry for Monster Cockysis. I was informed that I have to wait for it to be reviewed before it can be posted. URBAN DICTIONARY HAS A REVIEW PROCESS.
Lemon The Prufroquette Achilles' Heelies Macho Masc Sangy Savage Frank West Sherman Tank Ragnarok Boobies A Meat RoeCocoa Nikaer Drekin Moose Yavuz

The Prufroquette

• Paid
No joke, last semester I had to read some article in a research journal about Urban Dictionary. They did some big monster cockysis that compared it to similar crowd-sourced dictionaries like Wiktionary.

Immediately after reading this post I rushed to UrbanDictionary to create an entry for Monster Cockysis. I was informed that I have to wait for it to be reviewed before it can be posted. URBAN DICTIONARY HAS A REVIEW PROCESS.
Boots Raingear, March 06, 2018, 05:36:48 pm

Astonishment (with liberal doses of despair) aside, I hope your entry is accepted by the Urban Academy. I Googled this term shortly after discovering ballp.it and it led to a self-referential spiral that I believe Urban Dictionary might recognize as some form of linguistic circle jerk.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Astonishment (with liberal doses of despair) aside, I hope your entry is accepted by the Urban Academy. I Googled this term shortly after discovering ballp.it and it led to a self-referential spiral that I believe Urban Dictionary might recognize as some form of linguistic circle jerk.

I'm sorry to say, the definition I submitted is not going to help explain anything.

The Prufroquette

• Paid

I'm sorry to say, the definition I submitted is not going to help explain anything.
Boots Raingear, March 06, 2018, 06:28:55 pm

You're not sorry at all.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage Lemon Boots Raingear Sherman Tank Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Ragnarok Boobies Wyst Corn Syrup RoeCocoa chai tea latte bubbleuj Down10 Knitting Machine

sambair

• Paid
I don't want to get too into it because it might be a little against safari rules (and it's mildly shameful), but the dumb shit I submitted to Urban Dictionary when I was in college is still there. If I'm remembering correctly, the site makes you add a minimum number of hashtags to every definition (something absurd like 5), which accounts for some of the nonsense in the episode.
bubbleuj

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
For the record, this is the correct pronunciation of yaoi.
Hux SHAMBA~1.SBB Lemon Frank West Boots Raingear Shigan Moose Ragnarok Boobies

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
YAOI, the Divine Tetragrammeton
Sherman Tank junior associate faguar chai tea latte SHAMBA~1.SBB Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Old_Zircon Ragnarok Boobies

Hux

• i'm like jim jones but a girl
  • Paid
  • ouuuuuuuuuuughe
this episode reminded me of high school. at lunch time my lunch table would take turns reading various urban dictionary entries out loud in various accents. it often ruined our appetites, but it was a lot of fun anyways.

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
This episode doxxed me.

Old_Zircon

• The phased-out byzantine devil.
  • Paid
also imo the twee indie rock / ukulele covers of rap songs that were around from like 2010-2015 directly led to the emergence of soundcloud rap. i can't cite anything to back this up so yr just gonna have to trust me on it
chai tea latte, March 05, 2018, 08:40:13 pm

I've been advocating a strict licensing process for ukulele ownership since at least as far back as 2010.  We can't keep letting ukuleles get into just anyone's hands.
Sherman Tank

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
also imo the twee indie rock / ukulele covers of rap songs that were around from like 2010-2015 directly led to the emergence of soundcloud rap. i can't cite anything to back this up so yr just gonna have to trust me on it
chai tea latte, March 05, 2018, 08:40:13 pm

I've been advocating a strict licensing process for ukulele ownership since at least as far back as 2010.  We can't keep letting ukuleles get into just anyone's hands.
Old_Zircon, March 09, 2018, 12:09:49 pm

But I had to buy a ukulele as a Continuing Hipster Credit after graduating from art school and that was hard enough. If you regulate the ukuleles, only criminal hipsters will own them!
Sherman Tank