Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:07:33 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: The most Canadian place in London, apparently  (Read 14380 times)

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit
As someone who gets most of their doughnuts from the gas station[...]
nigeline, October 17, 2014, 01:32:36 am
This is a travesty. You live in Minneapolis.
Skelemon, October 17, 2014, 12:54:58 pm
I LOVE A Baker's Wife and Sarah Jane's, but I am lazy (I don't drive). And sometimes I just want a strange pineapple-filled bismark for less than a dollar.

Is maple candy popular in Canada? It should be, since that shit's deeeeelicious.
nigeline, October 17, 2014, 03:27:11 pm
well i mean tourists buy it, and maybe there are a few in those big biscuit tins? i don't think we do this.

it's real sugary-sweet, mostly we just eat kinder surprise eggs (while facing the border & laughing derisively)
freaky wapiti, October 17, 2014, 04:36:30 pm
Damn you. I really want to have the potential to kill small children while eating chocolate, you know?
nigeline, October 17, 2014, 04:54:16 pm

Don't you have those in the US?
Caroline, October 17, 2014, 05:23:46 pm

What the hell is that?
jack the ripper chick, October 17, 2014, 10:45:29 pm

This is a Kinder Egg Surprise

Inside the chocolate shell is an enormous, bright-yellow plastic capsule, and inside the capsule is a toy. Personally I think they taste kind of gross, but they're no more likely to kill your children than lego.

nigeline

• Willy Dang Doodle
  • Paid
  • All you do is dump
As someone who gets most of their doughnuts from the gas station[...]
nigeline, October 17, 2014, 01:32:36 am
This is a travesty. You live in Minneapolis.
Skelemon, October 17, 2014, 12:54:58 pm
I LOVE A Baker's Wife and Sarah Jane's, but I am lazy (I don't drive). And sometimes I just want a strange pineapple-filled bismark for less than a dollar.

Is maple candy popular in Canada? It should be, since that shit's deeeeelicious.
nigeline, October 17, 2014, 03:27:11 pm
well i mean tourists buy it, and maybe there are a few in those big biscuit tins? i don't think we do this.

it's real sugary-sweet, mostly we just eat kinder surprise eggs (while facing the border & laughing derisively)
freaky wapiti, October 17, 2014, 04:36:30 pm
Damn you. I really want to have the potential to kill small children while eating chocolate, you know?
nigeline, October 17, 2014, 04:54:16 pm

Don't you have those in the US?
Caroline, October 17, 2014, 05:23:46 pm

What the hell is that?
jack the ripper chick, October 17, 2014, 10:45:29 pm

This is a Kinder Egg Surprise

Inside the chocolate shell is an enormous, bright-yellow plastic capsule, and inside the capsule is a toy. Personally I think they taste kind of gross, but they're no more likely to kill your children than lego.
Caroline, October 18, 2014, 11:23:12 am
Sorry, their forbidden nature makes them ALL THE MORE DELICIOUS. Plus, the toys are kind of fun.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
Maple *anything* as a cultural *anything* is essentially Quebecois.  There's a sliver of maple syrup production in far-eastern Ontario and a bit in Maine, but 90% of the world production is in la belle province.  So there exists a Quebecois maple cartel as a result of this.  If you have enjoyed real maple recently, you have done so with the blessing of the Cartel.

Anyway, maple-sugar candies?  Yes, we do that.  But by "we" I don't mean Canada to the west of Ottawa.  I mean the parts where French is spoken.  (And I don't know about the Maritime provinces, to be fair.  Probably not those guys either.)  Those candies are rather nice, though I rarely eat sugary things.  They're less sweet than an equivalent hard-sugar candy, but still more sugary than I care for.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.