Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:44:27 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: what's your poison (and by poison i mean delicious alcohol)  (Read 109240 times)

Laocius

• Paid
I recently had my first Irish coffee and god damn is that a delicious drink.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Laocius, March 10, 2016, 12:27:57 pm
Top O' the mornin to ye

Laocius

• Paid
Laocius, March 10, 2016, 12:27:57 pm
Top O' the mornin to ye
AgentCoop, March 10, 2016, 07:01:16 pm

I made another one. Bit too much cream, but still good.

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop chai tea latte Nifty Nif

Corn Syrup

• Paid
  • hit it and quidditch
I'll admit to not having had much experience with gin, but Aviation tastes so good neat that I actually feel kind of bad using it in a mixed drink. (Not that I'm going to let that stop me, of course.)

FinchChunk

• Paid
I'll admit to not having had much experience with gin, but Aviation tastes so good neat that I actually feel kind of bad using it in a mixed drink. (Not that I'm going to let that stop me, of course.)
H. P. Shivcraft, March 29, 2016, 05:23:22 pm
Could I recommend the Aviation cocktail? Maraschino liquor takes a little bit of finding but it's far from impossible and well worth the effort. Don't think maraschino cherries, I hate those and I love these.
duz

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
did i tell you guys about the bar around the block from me? when you order an old fashioned the bartender picks a whiskey and then pairs it with a bitters xir believes will work with it. every time. so i've had 5 or 6 old fashioneds from there and have never had the same drink twice. it is the best fucking thing.
chai tea latte Maxine Headroom

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
did i tell you guys about the bar around the block from me? when you order an old fashioned the bartender picks a whiskey and then pairs it with a bitters xir believes will work with it. every time. so i've had 5 or 6 old fashioneds from there and have never had the same drink twice. it is the best fucking thing.
jack chick, April 08, 2016, 12:25:19 pm

Oh I love that!  There was a bar I used to go to where I drank a really excellent drink once.  It was one of their drink specials.  The next time I ordered it, it was completely different.  I kept ordering it and it was actually kind of fun, it'd be within the same general parameters but came in different glassware with different garnishes, etc.  But yes, normally this would be infuriating.

Corn Syrup

• Paid
  • hit it and quidditch
Could I recommend the Aviation cocktail? Maraschino liquor takes a little bit of finding but it's far from impossible and well worth the effort. Don't think maraschino cherries, I hate those and I love these.
FinchChunk, April 08, 2016, 08:19:51 am

Now I know what I'm doing this weekend, thanks!

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
a) what kind of jackass makes a rum and coke without using Kraken?
b) oh good it's kraken another double please
e: thuird double
Corn Syrup Gyro Maxine Headroom Nifty Nif
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:27:53 pm by chai tea latte »

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
I'm drinking a 40 of Mickeys. Tastes better than an IPA.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Emperor Jack Chick

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
I'm drinking a 40 of Mickeys. Tastes better than an IPA.
FattyBoBatty, April 08, 2016, 09:23:36 pm
Rock that 40oz, it's the change that counts

Chupasaurus-Rex

• Slowly being replaced by mediocre game AI
  • Paid
I am a beer snob, I enjoy all the craft brewed stuff. If there are more than twenty people working at the brewery, I probably am not drinking it. In all reality I am spoiled for choice, Living in the Pacific Northwest means that I have access to the best beer in the world without really having to look hard, I mean there is a taphouse in my town that has 25 craft beers on tap at all times.

If I am not drinking beer, I'm a sucker for Scotch. Or Mead, that is truly the nectar of the gods.

Corn Syrup

• Paid
  • hit it and quidditch
H. P. Shivcraft, March 29, 2016, 05:23:22 pm
FinchChunk, April 08, 2016, 08:19:51 am

I think I've found my cocktail. When I learned the recipe I just kept making them until I ran out of lemon juice. These are great!

Baldr

• Paid
I bought it once accidentally.  It tastes like diabetes, but isn't as bad as Southern Comfort.

Then again, nothing is as bad as Southern Comfort.
Lemon

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
It was hard ciders for the most part for a long time (fucking Wyder's Repesado Pear is the best thing on this planet), but after surgery I'm supposed to be on a lifetime ban on carbonation. I'll break the rules every once in awhile for a cider, but anything mixed with pop is 100% out. So I've been slowly adding in liquors to make some mixed drinks, and have taken a shine to meads/honeywines. Works out really well, since Michigan strangely has a lot of wineries/breweries (whatever the terminology) that make mead.
Nifty Nif