Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:27:43 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Charlie Brooker Catch-All Thread  (Read 14813 times)

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Charlie Brooker Catch-All Thread #30
Episode 4 is the best this season, imo.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
Charlie Brooker Catch-All Thread #31
Just got caught up on the back half of season three. Episode four was definitely pretty up there, especially once it got around to the ending, but there was a point where I sat back and made little mouths with my hands and went "exposition exposition". Oh well, still really good.

Five was also pretty good, though the best part of it for me was listening to the way people talked about the roaches, because it hit that right blend of appealing to morality while being utterly disgusting.

Six I was kind of bummed out about, because at the start it seemed like it might be a very low-tech episode, and I kind of prefer those. Not that the more speculative ones haven't also been good, but my favorite out of all of them remains the first season's first episode, and that one takes basically zero bullshit technology.  And then a ton of people are just...kinda stupid. Like, okay, the bees are coming after the politician guy. Why can't he just get on a plane and outrun them? Or, even better, go somewhere where the bees aren't. This is just the UK, so why not...fly to France? Or fucking New Zealand if you want to really get away.

And then Twitter (they try not to say it, but they call it "tweets" so it's Twitter) is just fine with letting this continue to happen instead of blocking the hashtag? I know they let shithole nazis post on there but I think if you phoned them up like "this hashtag is literally going to kill people" they would shut that shit (or at least that specific hashtag) down. And how are the bees accessing tweets anyway? Couldn't Twitter block them, or cram garbage data into the system?

Also why did the fucking idiot cop post a tweet to his account with his public identity using information that was only obtained through evidence? Jesus christ dude.

Muffinator

• Paid
Charlie Brooker Catch-All Thread #32
Black Mirror season 4 is really good but somebody needs to sit Charlie down and tell him that it's sometimes okay to not have a twist ending.

Like damn, episode 4 was really good but that ending added nothing. It was there to make you go "whoa I didn't expect that" but it just ended up cheapening what could've been an incredible piece of TV.