Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:55:38 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1447459 times)

lazzer grardaion?

• Paid
Butter has an energy density roughly six times than that of TNT.

EDIT: Which really means we should be measuring the strength of nuclear weapons, meteorite impacts, or supervolcanoes in terms of how many million tons of butter, or MEGABUTTERS, they are equivalent to.

"The Tsar-Bomb was the most powerful nuclear device ever detonated on earth, equivalent to 8.3 Megabutters."
bubbleuj Liatai Yavuz AlbieQuirky Sseth672 Eider Duck Runic Corn Syrup Baldr Ragnarok Boobies Really_Quite_Nice Lemon
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:20:02 pm by LancashireMcGee »

Sseth672

• Paid
Butter has an energy density roughly six times than that of TNT.

EDIT: Which really means we should be measuring the strength of nuclear weapons, meteorite impacts, or supervolcanoes in terms of how many million tons of butter, or MEGABUTTERS, they are equivalent to.

"The Tsar-Bomb was the most powerful nuclear device ever detonated on earth, equivalent to 8.3 Megabutters."
LancashireMcGee, February 26, 2017, 02:42:58 pm
Burn that butter for power stations, measure the output in PaulaDeenaHertz - or in milliMyocardial Infarcations.
Gyro

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Eyelashes are moustaches for your eyeballs

Maybe I should get some sleep
Runic

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
it would be funny to distend my jaw and eat ostrich eggs whole
Malten Eider Duck Yavuz Gyro xX_sp00ks_Xx Ragnarok Boobies

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
A podcast where the people tell and discuss stories about different sex workers in history could be called the Trollop.
Yavuz Corn Syrup Runic Ragnarok Boobies

Eider Duck

• Eats nothing but mussels
  • Paid
  • And has weird corkscrew genitals
I could never be on the cast of a TV show/film franchise. I would be "accidently" leaking fake spoilers all the time to wind up the fans

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Hi Lyft Driver!

It sure is weird that you chose birth control methods as a topic of conversation, but I guess I can see how we got here. We started out talking about kids and... well, it didn't naturally make it's way there, when I think about it. Kids to birth control is a hard jump, and I think you brought up the kid thing.

Anyway, I'm not squeamish and I am polite, so god damn it I am gonna have this conversation with you, but I am going to talk about it in the abstract. "Yes, these various methods exist, one might be interested in trying this particular method." But, if we're going down this fucking road, Lyft driver, you're gonna need to heed one very simple rule: Never ask me

“What does it feel like?”

And when I demure from this line of questioning with something fairly explicit, such as "I don't want to talk about that." (because in addition to everything else it isn't even noon yet), this is not a more acceptable followup:

“But does it feel good?”

It's too bad I have to wait for the ride to be over before I can rate you, but here we go:
[star] [star] [empty] [empty] [empty]

...Because I mean, you didn't make me hold your sandwich like Healslime's driver did.
Ragnarok Boobies Yavuz Baldr nuffkins, of all people, Achilles' Heelies Corn Syrup Emperor Jack Chick Malten Sherman Tank
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:19:02 pm by Lemon »

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
It's a few hours past noon now.  Will you tell us what it feels like?

GirlKisser420

• Paid
doo dee doo dee doo dum de dum

krytton

• CRINGE BUT FREE
  • Paid
  • WORLD IS A FUCK
had a dream where i made a good post on ballpit
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Sherman Tank

GirlKisser420

• Paid
funny, that was my nightmare
bubbleuj

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Yeah, I think it's time to rewatch MST3K again. And this time, include all of the Joel episodes.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
The Nintendo Switch's carts have been specifically engineered to taste terrible, to make sure no child swallows one. This was a deliberate decision and outcome, the entire implied process is hilarious to me.

This was either specifically in a design doc somewhere, and/or came up in a meeting and invoked very involved discussions about how bad it should taste, how it should be incorporated into the manufacturing process, all that. Presumably, for at least a week, this was somebody's primary job and task. They came to work, every day, to work out--either through meticulous selection or engineering--the specifically worst-tasting substance they could coat the Switch's games in, which was also not dangerous to the console (or presumably for people ingesting it). They probably went through several candidates, in fact.
Eider Duck Runic

Bunnybread

• You're welcome, genitals of the world.
  • Ridiculist
It's a few hours past noon now.  Will you tell us what it feels like?
Victor Laszlo, March 02, 2017, 03:24:56 pm

Was the birth control method abstinence?  Because I've not had sex before a couple times.

It was awful.  I really don't recommend it.
Saoirse-Lilith nuffkins, of all people, Corn Syrup

Eider Duck

• Eats nothing but mussels
  • Paid
  • And has weird corkscrew genitals
The Nintendo Switch's carts have been specifically engineered to taste terrible, to make sure no child swallows one. This was a deliberate decision and outcome, the entire implied process is hilarious to me.

This was either specifically in a design doc somewhere, and/or came up in a meeting and invoked very involved discussions about how bad it should taste, how it should be incorporated into the manufacturing process, all that. Presumably, for at least a week, this was somebody's primary job and task. They came to work, every day, to work out--either through meticulous selection or engineering--the specifically worst-tasting substance they could coat the Switch's games in, which was also not dangerous to the console (or presumably for people ingesting it). They probably went through several candidates, in fact.
Cleretic, March 03, 2017, 03:41:21 am

I like to think that it was done like a clinical drug trial. There were groups of volunteers, each one being made to lick a different tasting cartridge and fill in a questionaire afterwards. "Okay, so the cartridges aren't delicious or harmful to the rats, let's see how the humans react."