Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:12:39 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 1464239 times)

positive stress

• your favorite cool pizza star
  • Paid
  • beep beep ribby ribby
Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread #315
The new Die Antwoord album was a pretty major letdown from one of my favorite groups. I have a lot to say about it but I don't want to flood this thread with my bullshit opinions so I flooded tumblr with them instead
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread #316
What exactly the draw in those paparazzi photos of celebrities leaving their apartments or going to the gym? (A thought triggered by this photo of lady gaga).

They're never going to be especially attractive pictures, so I don't think it's for weirdos to beat off to. They're rarely clues to interesting new fashion trends. They're not insights into these people's lives in the way that an invasive photo of them on a date would be. It's not "oh my god Lady Gaga is going to the recording studio, there's new music coming!" 

The only people this is of any use to is other paparazzi and stalkers, who then know Lady Gaga is in New York and can be sure to go take photos they will inexplicably sell for silly amounts of money. All we learn is that a famous person went to sleep in a place last night.

For real, help me out here, what's up with this? Why are there so many photos of taylor swift getting in a car?

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread #317
I want to write a letter to my senators and representatives, on the topic of the UN Declaration of Universal Human Rights, but I have (what I think is) the flu and my brain isn't dun work right much.

Should I try anyway or would the letter come out fucked-up?

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread #318
Write one and show it to someone who can tell you whether it reads okay? Worst case scenario, it comes out terribly and you've got an early draft for the final product.

Comedy option: send one regardless of how awful it is, and then keep writing and sending more every day to chart your illness through the medium of political spam mail.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Bodark chai tea latte

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread #319
For real, help me out here, what's up with this? Why are there so many photos of taylor swift getting in a car?
moooo566, September 25, 2016, 05:52:25 pm
Each paparazzo is hunting for unstaged, 'real' photos they can sell to clips. They're usually in public places or whatever because that's when and where the paparazzi have access to celebs to take these photos of them. Some of it is style - here's what famous people wear when they're just trying to go about their day - and some of it is feeding a hunger for more information about peoples' favourite stars. The worst of it is designed to tear apart an 'official' representation of who someone is by catching them not wearing makeup, or in 'ugly' clothes, or kissing someone they're not supposed to kiss, etc, but this is the kind that's the most lucrative so it's also the most popular.

They're never going to be especially attractive pictures, so I don't think it's for weirdos to beat off to.
You might be surprised by how many people fetishize authenticity.

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread #320
Greek Architecture and Pokemon podcast called Triglyph and Metapod Frieze

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread #321
Greek Architecture and Pokemon podcast called Triglyph and Metapod Frieze
AgentCoop, September 28, 2016, 04:06:54 pm

The Dodrioric Order

Chaymie

• Paid
Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread #322
What if cats and dogs don't get along because they wag their tails for different reasons? A domesticated cat eventually learns that waggy dog tails are friendly.

SirSlarty

• Linda, where's my coffee!?
  • Paid
  • don't let's start
When Pope Benedict XVI resigned, it was because he too pooped to pope.
Vinny Possum Goose Goose Honk At Me Now Liatai

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
Getting a new hairdresser is probably the most awkward part of moving to live in another city, as well as one of the more awkward parts of gender transitioning. Handling both simultaneously didn't really alleviate problems.

Nor did the fact that the shopping district street near me has like six fucking hairdressers.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
If there ever will be a revival of De Stijl, will it be neo-neoplasticism?

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
If there ever will be a revival of De Stijl, will it be neo-neoplasticism?
A Meat, October 03, 2016, 05:33:07 pm
The Nieuwest in Nieuwe Beelding

E: but for real as far as design philosophies go, De Stijl has had a decent amount of stayng power, so its possible
A Meat
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:16:06 pm by AgentCoop »

Vinny Possum

• Garfield's cosmic love katana.
  • Paid
I wish there was a really awesome app that let you decide where the poles on the earth are and what it's axial tilt would be, and that figured out all the climate and eco system differences and any geographical ones that might pop up.

But really, that would be basically useless. But I would love it.

Cleretic

• Russian Roulette Silver Medalist
  • Paid
I wish there was a really awesome app that let you decide where the poles on the earth are and what it's axial tilt would be, and that figured out all the climate and eco system differences and any geographical ones that might pop up.

But really, that would be basically useless. But I would love it.
Vinny Possum, October 04, 2016, 11:14:26 pm
You could pitch that as like, a fantasy world generator or something. Tweak the tilt/poles of Earth, maybe let them shape out the continents differently, generate a thing and give people their own personal not-Europe based geographically on Bizarro-Africa.
Gyro

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
I really miss drinking alcohol.
chai tea latte Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop