Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:45:53 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 194: r/ecuseyourself  (Read 39435 times)

Glitterbomber

• Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #75
I never got the whole #notallreddit thing, it always comes up whenever anyone criticizes Reddit but unlike, say, 4chan, Reddit literally has a content duration program built into. You can just go to Reddit, click things, and see that they constantly upvote bigoted ass shit or shit that didn't happen that paints the evil women as villains or bullshit 'free speech means you can never stop doing anything or the SJWs win' stuff. These are opinions that get large amounts of support from the Reddit userbase, I don't know what other standards exist that can be used to say 'yea this place sucks real bad'.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
194: r/ecuseyourself #76
It's still just a portion of the userbase--and while it's a big portion, Reddit, to an even greater extent than 4chan, has a community fragmentation.  Its size means that it's good for finding people in niche interest groups, because those are often entirely separate from the mens rightsers and whatever.  While 4chan does have a somewhat consistent identity between boards, even if the boards themselves are insular in their own ways, Reddit's user-created boards means that there are subreddits the neckbeardy mens rights types are never going to see.

Glitterbomber

• Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #77
Well yea obviously Reddit isn't a magic hivemind, but when the face of your site, as decided by the population of your site, constantly wants us to know how mad they are at minorities and their moms, maybe that's a bigger thing than just cherrypicking.

LINDA

• the 49th unbreakable gstring
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #78
I saw someone refer to the issue of extremism/hostility on social platforms as a result of the platform itself rather than the users. For example, the profound absence of fact checking and proliferation of only the most critical views on tumblr being a natural result of a format that doesn't have linear threads etc.  #notalltumblr is the kind of extreme personality we like to laugh at, but they thrive on tumblr because it is impossible to have actual nuanced discussion there. #notallreddit is woman-hating white supremacists, but reddit is uniquely an enormous platform that allows people of nearly any mindset to interact with barely any moderation, and therefore that's where those people ended up, because they cannot congregate at that scale anywhere else.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:51:04 pm by eudo »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
194: r/ecuseyourself #79
Nobody here is trying to abolish reddit, for those of you who still insist on going on about this topic. I myself follow reddit pages about cute cats, but that doesn't mean I can't call the site a shithole when misogynistic gamergate shit gets upvoted.

Can we please talk about something else now? We've had this discussion many, many times and it never does anything but goes around in circles.

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #80
Can we please talk about something else now? We've had this discussion many, many times and it never does anything but goes around in circles.
montrith, November 28, 2015, 04:58:19 pm

Let's talk about the over-representation of goddesses in orbs.

Neal

194: r/ecuseyourself #81
montrith, November 28, 2015, 04:58:19 pm

Let's talk about the over-representation of goddesses in orbs.
Spacebat, November 28, 2015, 07:21:25 pm

hurr hurr goddess orbs

Surgical Self Defense

• I am the ubermench of awkward boners
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #82
yeah, it seemed like pretty much all the orbs had huge, amazon ladies in them. I think someone was getting in touch with themselves while they were making it.

Zekka

• I AM IN INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #83
I don't think I ever remembered to comment. This is one of the best F-Plus episodes ever. Thank you!

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
194: r/ecuseyourself #84
I HATE STOG TOO

oh wait
STOG, November 27, 2015, 11:20:14 pm

We have now learned that under certain conditions, Stog and Portaxx are virtually indistinguishable. Take from that what you will, audience.

Spacebat

• The Friedrich Nietzsche of Snuggling
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #85
I HATE STOG TOO

oh wait
STOG, November 27, 2015, 11:20:14 pm

We have now learned that under certain conditions, Stog and Portaxx are virtually indistinguishable. Take from that what you will, audience.
portaxx, December 10, 2015, 08:26:01 pm

Thanks, Stog.

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #86
This subreddit is the greatest thing.

"I had a bad reaction to stolen animal drugs. Can I sue?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3xfw1s/vet_clinic_is_using_tainted_ketamine/

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
194: r/ecuseyourself #87
I highly recommend the subreddit "Best of Legal Advice". Not also do you get the highlights, but you get the bonus of people complaining about how no one is taking legal advice seriously.

Cyberventurer

• Smoke-Free
  • Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #88
I took a peak at legaladvice and one of the first things I saw was someone studying abroad in Canada and worried about what to do, since he's on a student visa and his parents stopped supporting him when they found out he was gay, which he said is punishable by death in his home country and he's afraid of being deported.  :(

Mu.

• Paid
194: r/ecuseyourself #89