Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:53:24 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Did anyone else watch Home Movies?  (Read 3841 times)

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
  • powerful and can be dangreous
Did anyone else watch Home Movies?
Or was it utterly forgotten? ('99-'04, mostly on Adult Swim)
I've got it almost memorized, so just try me.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #1
Frequently while hammered and at my friend's house.

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #2
It's a legitimate cult hit. At the time, though it had a really dedicated following, it never got good ratings on Adult Swim. Loren Bourchard has repeatedly said the last 2 seasons only exist because Adult Swim liked the show enough to give it more seasons.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #3
Season 4 is so, so good.  It's such a shame that it's the last season because it was SO much better than all of the other ones.  I generally watch it while hammered, myself, but sometimes my boyfriend and I will break out into "The Wizard's Baker" or songs from "Bye, Bye Greasy."  The show even inspired us to look up Emo Philips' stand-up comedy (spoiler: it's not great, mostly garden-path jokes).  Maybe if parts of season 3 weren't completely unwatchable, we'd have even more of it.

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #4
Wait, isn't the 3rd season the one with Louis CK as Brendon's soon-to-be-absentee father? I really liked that one.

I don't think the quality of the show had much to do with it. It was always sort of a square peg in a round hole in the Adult Swim schedule, paced completely different from all their other shows, etc. But the Catch-22 is the show wouldn't have continued if it hadn't gone to Adult Swim. I was at a conversation with Bourchard about a month ago and he was told by a UPN exec on the night Home Movies premiered "Your show is cancelled, and if I even hint at renewing it, I'll be fired."

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #5
Honestly, Home Movies, Space Ghost, Sealab, and Cowboy Bebop (being broadcasted) fully cement early adult swim as rad shit
speedbath

Guts Going Nutz

• Paid
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #6
I watched the Home Alone movies if that counts.

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #7
Wait, isn't the 3rd season the one with Louis CK as Brendon's soon-to-be-absentee father? I really liked that one.

I don't think the quality of the show had much to do with it. It was always sort of a square peg in a round hole in the Adult Swim schedule, paced completely different from all their other shows, etc. But the Catch-22 is the show wouldn't have continued if it hadn't gone to Adult Swim. I was at a conversation with Bourchard about a month ago and he was told by a UPN exec on the night Home Movies premiered "Your show is cancelled, and if I even hint at renewing it, I'll be fired."
CormansInferno, January 11, 2016, 01:50:58 pm
You're right, I think I meant season 2.  A lot of weird episodes there, but it picked up in season 3.

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #8
That show was a treasure that I still find myself quoting from time to time.

...It's time to pay the price
Nifty Nif

speedbath

• Paid
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #9
Is the series still on Netflix?

I watched it on Adult Swim when I could, and then with Netflix I was finally able to see them in order.

Brendon Small has been a guest on Comedy Bang Bang a few times, doing characters with funny voices. It's really fun to hear that again.

Bobsterfest

• Choice Blanket
  • Paid
  • This is weird, right?
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #10
Many, if not all, of the episodes are on youtube, including this one, my favorite:

Nifty Nif

• Big Dumb Slimy Monster
  • Paid
Did anyone else watch Home Movies? #11
Excellent choice. This one is my personal favorite:
Edit: and all of the episodes are on Hulu!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:43:40 am by Nifty Nif »