Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:21:55 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Adam Ruins Everything  (Read 3500 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Adam Ruins Everything
I recognize this is probably old news to some people since this show has been on the air for over a year (and a webseries before that), but I've binged on it over the last couple days and I think it's really successful. It's a facts-focused show, which I'm a sucker for, but the central premise is that people are out enjoying themselves and then this annoying friendless man shows up and bums them out with facts about how they're ruining the Earth and engaging in worthless activities because they've been brainwashed by advertising.

It sort of reminds me of how, in the beginning of Screenwipe, Charlie Brooker took great pains to introduce himself as ugly, selfish, opinionated and rude. Adam does promotional photos like this.

There's glimpses of Penn & Teller's Bullshit in here, which is perhaps a little troubling, except Adam's own perspective is more liberal and thus he's probably unlikely to rail against recycling or sexual harassment complaints. Also, the show does a okay (for television) job of citing its sources, putting a chyron on screen to support the claim it's making, as well as an episode specific URL for further reading.

The jokes are mostly good. And if you were looking for a show where John Ennis dresses up as Henry Ford and complains about Jews, this is the one.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Stone doggo effigy

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
Adam Ruins Everything #1
I second that this is a good show. I like that the characters on the show seem to just accept their fate more often than not and put up barely any resistance to this guy coming in to ruin whatever fun they are having at the time.

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Adam Ruins Everything #2
Would be better if the show was called "Well, Actually..."
Sherman Tank

bubbleuj

• Paid
Adam Ruins Everything #3
There are a few college humor writers (besides Adam) who moved over to the show.

Also, if you like this show, OPCD from Cracked (YouTube) has similar pacing.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Adam Ruins Everything #4
There are a few college humor writers (besides Adam) who moved over to the show.

Also, if you like this show, OPCD from Cracked (YouTube) has similar pacing.
bubbleuj, October 24, 2016, 03:03:11 am
I love OPCD (well, Daniel O'Brien) so I guess I'll finally check this out like I was meaning to.

e: the show rules, watch it
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:17:21 pm by chai tea latte »

Muffinator

• Paid
Adam Ruins Everything #5
Fun fact: Adam Connover does Lets Plays, and (since very few people watch them), he responds personally to  comments. He's actually a very chill guy. Here he is playing the new Final Fantasy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGkkCCJnwI0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 05:18:55 am by Muffinator »

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
Adam Ruins Everything #6
That's such a rude this to say about Adam Bozarth, Lemon.