Projects > The F Plus

Background Jokes

(1/7) > >>

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes:
So this is something I'm always interested in. I love background references/gags in pretty much anything, even our own podcast. There have been a ton of times when all of us will be laughing or talking, but if you listen closely you can hear someone muttering a joke in the background. I listen to episodes repeatedly as I work, but even I miss these gags a lot of the time.

For example, I just now realized there's at least one in the latest episode (the Sherlock one). Lemon reads off Moriarty's titles for the different types of insane Sherlock fic. He says there are "Asexuals," "Dog Cocks and Mpreg," "Asexual Dog Cocks," and then "Miscellany." In the background you can hear Isfahan saying "okay, thanks Taygon," in reference to the Cytran types found on Malatora.

One that I always thought was silly was during the Bad Dragon episode. When we read about the madman who shoved a glass ball up his butt, the post's author says his ass will close up and trap the ball forever. As we're all laughing and vomiting, Kumquatxop enthusiastically exclaims "I remember that level in Majora's Mask!"

I'm sure I've missed a lot of these jokes, and I love tiny details like this. Has anyone spotted any more?

Chaz:
Oh my god I can't believe I missed that one. I'm gonna have to listen to it again. I've listed a couple of my favourites that I've picked up on in the "Favourite Moments" thread too. From the same episode, "Cream Pi times diameter" didn't get much of a reaction, except for Kumquatxop who caught it and cracked up.

I have a lot of re-listening to do to catch some of the other ones. It doesn't quite count since everyone picked up on it and started laughing, but I'm listening to Episode 18, and Squiddy's distant shouting amused me.

"I'M REALLY FAR AWAY!"

Down10:
For anyone that was curious of the author intros from Episode 88: I Can See Your Retch Marks, they are "fetish content" story codes found on the Overflowing Bra (and other dark places on the Internet). Here is a translation:

slow - Slow Growth (hours/days)
fast - Growth measured in minutes
instant - Instant growth
magic - Magic-induced
chem - Chemical-induced
science - Science-induced
ag - Ass Growth
fa - Fat Growth
gts - Giantess
hg - Hair Growth
lg - Leg Growth
mg - Muscle Growth
mm - Male Muscle Growth
mpg - Male Penis Growth
multiple - Multiple Breasts (more than 2)
big - Large but realistic size
huge - Unrealistically huge
wow - Room-filling or larger
ftg - Female-to-Male transformation
tg - Male-to-Female transformation
aliens - Extraterrestrial participation
ar - Age Regression
bond - Bondage
cb - Clothes Burst/Rip
hyp - Hypnosis
inc - Incest
lac - Lactation
ment - Mental transformation
nc - Non-consensual
offstage - Events occur offstage
preg - Pregnancy
rc - Remote-Controlled
sc - Self-Controlled
shem - She-Male
weird - Unclassifiable transformations
asleep - While subject is sleeping

Moriarty:
offstage - Events occur offstage
Down10, April 02, 2013, 11:00:03 pm
--- End quote ---

Wait, what events? Like the actual fetish stuff? Wouldn't they kind of want that in the story?

Isfahan:
One that I always thought was silly was during the Bad Dragon episode. When we read about the madman who shoved a glass ball up his butt, the post's author says his ass will close up and trap the ball forever. As we're all laughing and vomiting, Kumquatxop enthusiastically exclaims "I remember that level in Majora's Mask!"portaxx, April 02, 2013, 03:38:46 am
--- End quote ---

Interestingly enough, I also referenced the glass ball in the Sherlock episode, though that wasn't really in the background.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version