Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:22 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 354: This One Is For My Gull Girls  (Read 19641 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls
Achilles' Heelies chai tea latte Vinny Possum Immoral Filth NutshellGulag Salubrious Rex adrenochrome dome Escrow Jones

rhorsman

• Oculus Pffffft
  • Paid
  • Lorem ipsum come around and get some
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #1
I haven't finished yet, but just coming in to say the slime box digression is possibly the best thing that's happened on this show since "baby meth pusher". Or at least it hit me in just the right spot.
Achilles' Heelies 1234GO! Lemon chai tea latte Deep 13 Dr. Buttplug adrenochrome dome Corn Syrup Nemo2342

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #2
Oh my, I have a lot of thoughts about this subject!

So, I actually stumbled on the Aesthetics wiki before this episode. I think that some of the weirdly-specific aesthetics are kind of interesting and the baseline concept of the site (A wiki about fashion trends and subcultures) is a potentially worthwhile idea. Unfortunately the major failing of this wiki is the tendency of internet nerds to needlessly subcategorize things.

Adventurecore, Natural Philosophy, Earthcore, Naturecore, Cabincore, Scoutcore, Campcore, Hikecore, Bloomcore, Cryptidcore, Cryptid Academia,  Forestpunk, and Plant Mom are all basically just minor variants on "wearing flannel shirts, taking nature walks and listening to indie folk music" (Or "Being the front man of Lord Huron", I guess?) and have basically the same list of associated media for all of them (You can listen to bands other than Florence + The Machine and The Oh Hellos on a nature walk, you know...).

In the interest of simplification, I believe I have boiled down all the styles on this wiki that aren't pre-existing art movements and subcultures into combinations of the following base concepts:

Vaporwave
Nerd Shit
Lumberjack Shit
University Nerd Shit
Rave Shit
Horny Shit
More vaporwave
Big tiddy goth gf
It's the 80s: Do a Lot of Coke and Vote for Ronald Reagan
Steampunk is a cancer that is consuming us all
Slime
chill lo fi beats to study to, but as a life identity
Seriously, most of it is just vaporwave

I also wanted to highlight this little segment from the entry for "Goblincore":

Controversy
Goblincore has been criticized of being anti-Semitic. This is because Goblins, especially when depicted as ugly, thieving or greedy creatures obsessed with shiny things, are frequently used as an anti-Semitic caricature. People have suggested alternatives to the name, calling it Gremlincore instead of Goblincore, or simply changing it to Crowcore, Dragoncore, or other aesthetics similar to Goblincore. There are Jewish people who are against Goblincore, but also those who are not.

Goblincore has also been accused of excessively cross-tagging in the Witchblr community, something taken very seriously on the website Tumblr.

Finally, I just want to take a moment to state truth to fact: The only worthwhile vaporwave-derivative is simpsonswave:

cube abuser Puppy Time junior associate faguar Salubrious Rex adrenochrome dome Nemo2342

Lumbermouth

• Paid
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #3
This is like TVTropes for people who think they’re too cool for TVTropes.
Seth "Slimy" Rollins Penultimatum Salubrious Rex Dr. Buttplug Nemo2342

1234GO!

• Paid
  • beyond buildings and food
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #4
regardless of the contents of this ep, you should check out the band Clown Core if you like clown-horn accented jazz fusion.

also, as someone who kinda got into seapunk for 6ish months in 2011, you should listen to Unicorn Kid's Tidal Rave EP and absolutely nothing else.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 08:59:41 pm by 1234GO! »

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #5
x-core is to tumblr as x-punk is to reddit
Immoral Filth

Cradicus

• Paid
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #6
Do Dark Jocks go to Shadow Football Congress?
Lemon Achilles' Heelies Penultimatum Nemo2342 Dr. Buttplug

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #7
most wedgieable episode since the NEET one imo
Immoral Filth Achilles' Heelies Lumbermouth chai tea latte Salubrious Rex

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • It's Samba time for Tambo & Weep Day for Urine Man
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #8
Tag suggestions: Teenagers, Watching Too Much Television, Useless Tiny Detail Fetish, Witness the Death of Shame and Reason, Tumblr, Ugly Websites, I need a lift to burning man, misguided diy, cant sleep clown will eat me, fandom, we're all goth now, goffik, the very dankest memes, vaporwave, SLIME
Immoral Filth Cradicus Lemon Salubrious Rex

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #9
This is the episode I'm the asshole for because I understand and appreciate the distinctions between all of these. I also have opinions on several different vaporwave subgenres. I haven't felt this attuned to an episode's subject since the root beer reviews episode.

I am extremely wedgieable.
rhorsman 1234GO! Seth "Slimy" Rollins Penultimatum chai tea latte jim and the mammograms Mix NutshellGulag Puppy Time Muffinator Dr. Buttplug Salubrious Rex RoeCocoa

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #10
I'm slimecore, but it's Dragon Quest slimes
Diploskull Puppy Time Nemo2342 Salubrious Rex

1234GO!

• Paid
  • beyond buildings and food
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #11
This is the episode I'm the asshole for because I understand and appreciate the distinctions between all of these. I also have opinions on several different vaporwave subgenres. I haven't felt this attuned to an episode's subject since the root beer reviews episode.

I am extremely wedgieable.
EYE OF ZA, May 09, 2021, 03:23:28 am

SAME, I'm the guy they made up who still knows who Le1f is instead of actual valuable info, and got irl disappointed that nightbus isn't in the list of aesthetics.
chai tea latte jim and the mammograms

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #12
If we ever meet I'm wedgieing you both.
1234GO! EYE OF ZA Dr. Buttplug Salubrious Rex

Mix

• God's Personal Jester
  • Paid
  • ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #13
Penultimatum 1234GO! NutshellGulag xdaringdamselx Salubrious Rex

three cats in a self-driving car

• Paid
  • ??? ??
354: This One Is For My Gull Girls #14
How did you read this whole list, this endless list that keeps on going, make a joke about parkour and not about

Encore
Corn Syrup