Sort of an open-ended question, but one I'd like to get some feedback on....
Boots and I have been giving some thought to redoing the about page
, as a way to let people know what they're getting into. We do a show with over 20 days' worth of content
, and I'm sure that can be daunting to get started with. And shit, I've
been doing this thing for well over a decade, so I certainly have no sense of perspective on this.
What I will say is that if you start out you definitely
shouldn't start at the beginning, cause those are not great episodes, but you should probably know that our show is routinely silly and often very gross, but mostly episodic - and so it's probably just worth finding a topic that interests you and sifting thru the backlog from there. And also just as important is a couple more ideas I'd like folks to know right from the jump:
- We're making fun of people, but we are emphatically opposed to any sort of harassment of the subjects, whomever they may be.
- Simultaneously, ours is to observe and not to interfere.
- We're just trying to make something that's fun for us.
- Business inquiries? Fuck off.
- Are you into some kind of weird sex thing? Okie dokie, enjoy yourself. You probably don't need to tell any of us about it tho.
- There's a lot of people involved in this thing. You probably won't be able to distinguish voices right away, that's okay.
- Women is really a path's duck.
What information or advice or messaging do you wish you knew going in? What did somebody else tell you to give you context?