Projects > The F Plus

Episode 107: Trash At Demonhead

(1/6) > >>

Lemon:
with Boots Raingear, Isfahan, John, Jimmyfranks, Bunnybread, and Lemon.

Edited by Isfahan

Content for this episode was provided by Cheapskate

It's hard for an independent game developer to break into the business. With average budgets for high profile games now exceeding $20 million, and an ever increasing number of different publishers competing over market share, how is a guy with no education and no experience going to create, publish and market his own game? The answer is simple: He's not! And that's totally fine, because the game he would have created would have just been a rehash of other games using characters he didn't own the rights to. We're looking at the Fantendo wiki - a place where people can skip game development and cut straight to game journalism. Because really, the journalism's the most sophisticated part. This week, The F Plus needs to stay radical or it will implode!

Cheapskate:
When do we get an F Plus kart racer?

montrith:
When do we get an F Plus kart racer?
Cheapskate, August 01, 2013, 03:41:06 am
--- End quote ---

I'm more interested in the Fplus karaoke game. I hear Lemon does a duet with Lady.

TheCrawlingChaos:
First off, props to Isfahan for the Scott Pilgrim retro Nintendo (this is probably a rough guide to my age) reference. Second, this episode made me realize something about the phenomenon of hearing other people talk endlessly about the media they're totally gonna create, yougaiz. With a novel, or a movie, or even a webcomic you can usually get vaguely interested if there's at least a semi-coherent narrative going on or characters that are interesting or even just a cool-sounding setting. However, the interactivity of video games means that hearing about them secondhand is automatically going to be even more boring than any of the aforementioned media. Say what you will about the potential of video games for good storytelling, but in the end people are usually going to actually play the game for the gameplay, which is something that's barely entertaining to watch someone else do, let alone just hear about the mechanics of. This site, and by extension video game pitches in general, somehow manage to take the concept of talking endlessly about the creative work you're never going to actually make and makes it even more tedious to listen to.

Now, let me tell you all about the English literature-themed fighting game that my husband and I have been talk... er, working on for years.

montrith:
Now, let me tell you all about the English literature-themed fighting game that my husband and I have been talk... er, working on for years.
TheCrawlingChaos, August 01, 2013, 06:42:38 am
--- End quote ---

Regarding that, can you use Hardy's Depressing Fatalism to defeat  Leopold Bloom's Potato, or do you need to use  Lady Windermere's Fan for that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version