Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:46 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Weighing in on Fat Acceptance: A question for the Ridiculists  (Read 26434 times)

Runic

• Is Putting A Donk On It
  • Paid
  • John Brown did nothing wrong
To be fair, she did say they were mini-doughnuts.

icarus

• orko in training
  • Paid
  • a very special episode
son i can't even eat three mini donuts without wanting to yark
too much goddamn fat and sugar all in one shot

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Apparently I'm exactly the same height as the average male. I tried to read further than that part in the article, but I was distracted by the horrible. horrible headlines linking to other news. These are so bad they barely even qualify as puns.

The Force is with her: Florence Welch is 'being considered for a role in new Star Wars trilogy'

Ringing the changes! Kristen Bell reveals motherhood is exceeding her wildest dreams

Man (and woman) United! Footballer Jonny Evans weds MUTV presenter Helen McConnell back home in Northern Ireland

'Cara cara cara chameleon'! Ms Delevingne heads to the pub in funky personalised fluro T-shirt as she steps out make-up free

EDIT: There was a post here. It's gone now.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
Yeah, I deleted it because I figured in retrospect that it was still kind of off topic, since it didn't have to do with fat activists.

Delcat

• Paid
son i can't even eat three mini donuts without wanting to yark
too much goddamn fat and sugar all in one shot
icarus, June 01, 2013, 08:47:05 am

icarus you can't eat ANYTHING without wanting to yark

But I have always wondered how mini- those mini-doughnuts were.  There's a stall here in not-Seattle that does some killer mini-doughnuts that are about bite-sized, and I think my sister and I might have split eighteen over the course of a day once (unless it was an even dozen, I honestly can't remember), but my upper limit at one go would be three or four.  They are pretty seriously loaded and best consumed slowly while walking about the park.

ETA: and lord they are so good
sorry full disclosure had to say it but they're not event-missing good
although they are more or less an annual-consumption item
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:29:09 am by Delcat »

Keetah Spacecat

• Oh ho ho, Dear Reader!
  • Paid
  • Zero G's and I Feel Fine!
I can barely eat donuts anymore, cause my teeth are really really sensitive to sugar. So I have to be careful eating sweets or it feels like someone's slamming a drill bit into my teeth.

I've been trolling though the This is Thin Privilege blog and they honest to god now have a 'stolen childhood' tag for people that were put on diets as a kid.

They also now are talking about the 'Thin Privilege Spectrum' because somehow you can still be fat and have thin privilege (whom they call 'smaller fats') and the only person to not have it is literally the fattest person in the world. So not only do they hate thin people, they hate other fat people too!

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
They also now are talking about the 'Thin Privilege Spectrum' because somehow you can still be fat and have thin privilege (whom they call 'smaller fats') and the only person to not have it is literally the fattest person in the world. So not only do they hate thin people, they hate other fat people too!

See, this is why Oppression Olympics are just like the real Olympics. Sooner or later someone is going to come and one-up you by being more oppressed than you are, so you have to constantly be on your toes and ready to identify new levels of oppression.

As for the mini donuts, they might not be that big, but 18 at 7 am in the morning? That's your whole day's worth of calories right there.

Delcat

• Paid

See, this is why Oppression Olympics are just like the real Olympics. Sooner or later someone is going to come and one-up you by being more oppressed than you are, so you have to constantly be on your toes and ready to identify new levels of oppression. montrith, June 02, 2013, 11:45:06 am

This has always reflected my opinion on SJ pissing contests pretty succinctly.
RoeCocoa