Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:52:55 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: A San Francisco Podcast  (Read 27413 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
A San Francisco Podcast
LIVE from the home of Zynga, it's The F Plus Podcast! When Lemon and Boots visited The City By The Bay, they felt it was perfectly appropriate to sample the culinary traditions of such a vibrant and exciting city. Then, after eating some really good tacos, they made some raw food garbage based on recipes they found on the internet. Have you ever wanted to know what raw vegetable makes a perfect substitute for linguine? Or how changing the color of your salt can improve your chakra? Of course not, because you're not an idiot. This week, The F Plus plays the crunch twice for good measure.

Ansemaru

• we put our faith in
  • Paid
  • blast hardcheese
A San Francisco Podcast #1
"PETA's sexiest vegetarian over 50 award"

brb, terminating all life on the planet

Borgy-Le-Borg

• Paid
A San Francisco Podcast #2
I'm going to spiralize ALL my food!

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
A San Francisco Podcast #3
I'm going to spiralize ALL my food!
Borgy-Le-Borg, June 17, 2013, 10:16:06 pm
I knew this spirograph would come in handy someday!

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
A San Francisco Podcast #4
Dr. Pepper Taco Soup was the first thing I found when Boots asked for icky recipes. Doritos Sandwich was the second. I still can't believe he actually ate the whole thing.

PS: Yes, the actually title of the dish is, in fact, "Doritos Sandwich for kids". I'm not joking.

gee golly gosh

• Paid
  • Poisonously Pink.
A San Francisco Podcast #5
I am listening to this podcast while cooking and now eating my dinner.

It may have been a mistake.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
A San Francisco Podcast #6
I should probably put an apology to Bunnybread here. We dragged him into a skype call to do a thing for this episode and I ended up trimming it down to less than a second.

Sorry bud.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
A San Francisco Podcast #7
Thanks, by the way, for reminding me that I need to call my cousin and get the family recipe for Cheese Sauce To Put On An Old Boot. (It's called that because it's so good you could put it on an old boot and it would legit be delicious.)

The mac-and-cheese story-cum-recipe (boy that's a lot of hyphens) reminded me, weirdly, of the stinger at the end of Episode 98. You're trying to take one dish and put it in a different box, a box that it was clearly not intended to go in. Some boxes are big enough to accommodate those changes (fry-bread with peanut butter is entirely vegan, not particularly good for you, but SO DELICIOUS), but the raw food box is small and damp and it smells bad.

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
A San Francisco Podcast #8
Also, while we're making apologies, don't bother researching Jennifer Summers. What I was going for there was that Mimi Kirk looks like the corpse of Suzanne Somers. First of all, I screwed up the name. Jennifer Summers is a Twitter skank, and has never endorsed exercise equipment, unless sex with her counts as exercise equipment.

Secondly, that's not fair to either party. Mimi Kirk doesn't look like a dead Suzanne Somers. Mimi Kirk looks like a dead Priscilla Barnes.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
A San Francisco Podcast #9
@Myhotwifesboobz WOW! More like this please! Awesome nipples!
Quote from

You really weren't kidding

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
A San Francisco Podcast #10

What we ate.

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
A San Francisco Podcast #11
I'm gonna put forth two points here. First, my younger brother once pointed out that you can sort of gauge how well off someone is by how many asinine diet restrictions they keep. The more you can afford to restrict your diet for what amount to philosophical reasons, the better off you likely are. If you can spend $40 making a dish that tastes like shit and not feel bad about it, you're doing all right!

And that segues into my second point, which is that these people have next to no functional knowledge about the foods they're cooking with. This is kind of a runner with 'hippie' food in general, but it's especially glaring when you add more rules and regulations to all the 'multicultural' ingredients being used here.

Tamari is cooked. All soy sauce is technically cooked because the soybeans used to make it are cooked before they're fermented. Even magical nama shoyu, you cheating goddamn bastards.

And let's not forget their ignorance of things like harmonizing flavors and textures and just basic shit about what makes food taste good. Minced parsnips as rice? Have you ever just taken a bite of parsnip and tasted how strong and singular the taste is? Why not use mung bean sprouts, whish are much more mild, as a base? Oh, because then it just looks like a shitty salad and you can't play pretend with expensive ingredients. That's all this is, by the way, with the spiralized zucchini and the sad minced parsnips. They're making exorbitantly expensive, technically edible mud pies in the interest of still sorta kinda having the food they're accustomed to eating.

And that's a shame, really, because there are a lot of tasty things you could eat that aren't cooked at all if you don't psychologically need to trick yourself. Diced ripe tomato with a little salt and minced fresh basil? Tuck that shit in a lettuce leaf, eat it up. Pretty all right. I'd give a much deserved shoutout to kibbeh nayeh for your meat needs, but though you don't cook the bulgur in that recipe the wheat is parboiled in the process of becoming bulgur. It's almost as if we've been eating cooked food for thousands of fucking years with no adverse effects.

Also, I'd eat that Dorito sandwich before I even touched that shit in the bowl.
nilvoid chai tea latte Goose Goose Honk At Me Now squiddy Horza Maxine Headroom strifeheart Sherman Tank

Lady Naga

• I died a little just now, it was wonderful.
  • Paid
  • Je M'amuse.
A San Francisco Podcast #12
This is probably my favourite episode of Portlandia.
Adam Bozarth count_actuala slandersonn Sherman Tank

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
A San Francisco Podcast #13
Poutizza. Not implying that this belongs with the recipes in the episode, but it's a testament to lasting, sustainable food creativity (even if the end result is terrible for you).

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
A San Francisco Podcast #14
This is what they serve at Pizza Hut in Canada